2009 NFL thread

Give me any team in the NFL and let me injure their starting CB, 2 starting LBs, 4 starting O-LINEMEN, 2 safties, 1 DE and 3 starting fucking TEs, and let's see them do well. I can think of only 2 teams in the NFL capable of dealing with that. So as bad as the Bills are, I lay that excuse out for them.

The fact that I root for one of those teams makes my dick grow. Indeed, I am a small and petty man lol.

Man don't look at me, I wasn't rooting for the Browns! What's this "you won" stuff lol, I'm a Giants fan man we CRUSHED. I was just mad because the game was blacked out here, and the Bills game wasn't even good enough for college level, let alone the NFL.

True, but Pats fans don't get to talk down to anyone after losses, lol. Nice job by your D-Line taking a dive at Orton's knees late in the game, btw! Stay classy, Belicheats. Now that you guys have a 2nd loss, I can start wearing my "18-1" Pats hoodie again without running the risk of looking like I'm rooting them on.

Nothing against you personally of course, man. I'm just really soured on the Pats after they got caught cheating.

LOL I was talking about the fact that Derek Anderson won with stats like those, wasn't talking about the Giants-Raiders game. Nothing needs to be said about that game, the Giants look like Superbowl contenders, and the Raiders look like a high school team.

True, but Pats fans don't get to talk down to anyone after losses, lol. Nice job by your D-Line taking a dive at Orton's knees late in the game, btw! Stay classy, Belicheats.

Nothing against you personally of course, man. I'm just really soured on the Pats after they got caught cheating.

Of course Pats fans get to talk, even after a loss. Don't you know that we're all arrogant pricks? Are you still hung up on the whole cheating deal? With the way the Patriots lost to the Broncos, I hope they're finding a way to cheat.

Wow, Skins lost both of their pro-bowl O-Lineman and lost a game to Jake DelChoke. Time to hang up those helmets boys. Just lay down for the rest of the season so you can get a good pick in the draft. Then make sure you trade that pick away right off the bat. Don't forget to overpay for free-agent bust too. That's called the Redskin's Winning Formula.

Also, Browns vs. Bills = lulz

Of course Pats fans get to talk, even after a loss. Don't you know that we're all arrogant pricks? Are you still hung up on the whole cheating deal? With the way the Patriots lost to the Broncos, I hope they're finding a way to cheat.
Seemed like penalties hurt them more than anything in that game.

This will be quick because I am over the moon right now.

THE fucking SAINTS BABY!!!! After a BIG win against the 5-0 Giants the Saints continue to march all over their opposition. The final score was 48 - 27, after DREW FUCKING GODLY ASS BREES walked away with a 76.7 completion percentage making 23 out of 30 attempts for 369 yards and 4 touchdowns. FUCK YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!

Oh, And where is Eagles4Life10?

You lost to Oakland?? With McNabb starting?

Still think they are going to win the Super-bowl?

The Bills D has proven every game that they are great, yet since our offense is so bad (due to incredible amount of injuries to the O-line and a crap QB) everyone assumes our D is bad. This is a D that has 4 backups starting and 2 undrafted free agents starting, just a good scheme... though they are liable for one big play a game it seems... making Thomas Jones look all good n shit :(

cha cha

This will be quick because I am over the moon right now.

THE fucking SAINTS BABY!!!! After a BIG win against the 5-0 Giants the Saints continue to march all over their opposition. The final score was 48 - 27, after DREW FUCKING GODLY ASS BREES walked away with a 76.7 completion percentage making 23 out of 30 attempts for 369 yards and 4 touchdowns. FUCK YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!

Oh, And where is Eagles4Life10?

You lost to Oakland?? With McNabb starting?

Still think they are going to win the Super-bowl?

Saints look strong as fuck right now. Giants backup DBs looked confused, that was the only thing that made me mad. If Colston beats someone straight up, I wouldn't have been mad. To see them turning around and arguing with each other over who was going where post play, THAT makes me furious. The entire reason I've been so pleased with the Giants is that they're well coached, that throws up some caution flags for me.

As far as Eagles guy, I dunno. If the Giants lost to the Raiders like that, I'd be pretty pissed too lol. Except you know, we didn't. Our only loss so far is on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in, against what may be the best team in football now, since their pass defense has improved under Greg Williams. Their losses include a loss to the Raiders.

I do agree that the Bills D looks pretty good right now, except against the run. Yesterday's game doesn't count, Sanchez is trassssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But you can hardly talk any shit about the Giants after ONE loss on the road to a top 3 team when your team almost ALMOST got a tie! A TIE against a team that threw them 6 picks, 5 if we exclude the botched FG attempt, and two in overtime. AND YOU STILL needed someone to punch your dude in the face to win! AND your kicker had to kick a much longer field goal than he should have, because even after that you couldn't move the ball! So I mean, a win's a win? But Bills fans aren't exactly in a position to be talkin mess about teams with a 5-1 record.

Many times when the Eagles play an opponent that's supposed to be a guaranteed win, they don't show up to the game. You got to put away a team like Oakland early. You give them life and keep them hanging around, and it's bad news. But what really killed us was the injuries on the O-line. I knew coming in it was going to be garbage, and all that's needed is a key injury and it's all over, especially with Reid throwing the ball way too many times.

But the season is early, it's only one loss, and the NFC is still mediocre. We'll still make it to the playoffs.

I had my eye on the Giants to see how for real they were, and they came up small against N.O. Now watch everyone hop on the N.O. bandwagon.

The Bills need to step it up. I need them fantasy points.

Holy crap, the Cardinals beat the Giants SOLID. It shouldn't even have been that close - seven of their points was off a weird-ass reception.

Holy crap, the Cardinals beat the Giants SOLID. It shouldn't even have been that close - seven of their points was off a weird-ass reception.

Yeah mental mistakes cost us today. Was a good game though. Have to bounce back at the eagles next week lol.

Yeah mental mistakes cost us today. Was a good game though. Have to bounce back at the eagles next week lol.

I heard there were a lot more silly mistakes on the Giants part, which drives me nuts. I'm not doubting that the Cardinals were solid, they present a major matchup problem for our current secondary. But 3 false starts AT HOME? That drives me fucking crazy. I have to think that'll get straightened out but we'll see.

Saints had a big comeback, that's a good sign for them long term. Those kinds of games will happen, and coming back from that big a deficit shows a lot of guts in a team. 12 points up and Brees STILL looked salty on the sidelines, he knows that if they want to go all the way, they've gotta play better than that for all 4 quarters. Good sign for them, unless something changes this looks like a team that could go a long way.

Where was the Niners time that played Minnesota tough on the road? Please tell me that's the norm and not the exception. O-line is playing shoddy as hell and even Frank Gore coming back couldn't make them look good.

Going spread with Alex Smith taking snaps seemed to shake things up a bit. I'd like to think he might be the spark this team needs, but c'mon, Texans were up huge and were cruising until that point. They got the tools. Vernon Davis is going bananas this year, Josh Morgan and Arnaz Battle are credible receiving threats. Isaac Bruce is an ageless wonder and Michael Crabtree had a pretty robust debut. If Samurai Mike and OC Jimmy Raye would just dump the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" mentality, this could be a scarily offensive team.

I got Drew Brees on my fantasy team, so I'm thrilled to pieces he's tearing it up. I'd like for him to win a Super Bowl. Everyone's talking about the Bradys, Mannings, Roethlisbergers of the league and Brees tends to get overlooked. But he's been getting it done since he came into the league.

I heard there were a lot more silly mistakes on the Giants part, which drives me nuts. I'm not doubting that the Cardinals were solid, they present a major matchup problem for our current secondary. But 3 false starts AT HOME? That drives me fucking crazy. I have to think that'll get straightened out but we'll see.

Saints had a big comeback, that's a good sign for them long term. Those kinds of games will happen, and coming back from that big a deficit shows a lot of guts in a team. 12 points up and Brees STILL looked salty on the sidelines, he knows that if they want to go all the way, they've gotta play better than that for all 4 quarters. Good sign for them, unless something changes this looks like a team that could go a long way.

We should have at least sent that game to overtime. Manningham had a key touchdown drop with the ball in his fingers and bradshaw had a moronic fumble trying to get another yard during a 15 yard run just as the offense was getting rhythm. The defense then proceeded to make the cards go 3 and out twice and we still couldnt capitalise. Frustrating game but we have great potential and depth but we're so inconsistent. We'll see how we play against the eagles this weekend, if we bounce back, we'll be strong for the rest of the year, if we dont; its going to be tough to win the BEAST.

its going to be tough to win the BEAST.

Yeah I'm banning the use of the term NFC BEAST until we see some more consistency. The Giants and the Eagles are inconsistent, the Cowboys are massively overrated with a pussy choking QB, and the Redskins are just HOT garbage. I can't in good conscience refer to that division as the Beast anymore. Gotta see more wins over good teams first.

Yeah I'm banning the use of the term NFC BEAST until we see some more consistency. The Giants and the Eagles are inconsistent, the Cowboys are massively overrated with a pussy choking QB, and the Redskins are just HOT garbage. I can't in good conscience refer to that division as the Beast anymore. Gotta see more wins over good teams first.

I would have to agree with you. It shall henceforth be known as the NFC LEAST until future events determine otherwise.

Back