2009 NFL thread

We should have at least sent that game to overtime. Manningham had a key touchdown drop with the ball in his fingers and bradshaw had a moronic fumble trying to get another yard during a 15 yard run just as the offense was getting rhythm. The defense then proceeded to make the cards go 3 and out twice and we still couldnt capitalise. Frustrating game but we have great potential and depth but we're so inconsistent. We'll see how we play against the eagles this weekend, if we bounce back, we'll be strong for the rest of the year, if we dont; its going to be tough to win the BEAST.

That's all true, but Adrian Wilson missed an easy pick earlier in the game and the touchdown in the second quarter was for crap - you can thank DRC for that one. Neither team played 100% to their potential, so I'm comfortable saying it was a solid win for us. Plus, we won THERE.

That's all true, but Adrian Wilson missed an easy pick earlier in the game and the touchdown in the second quarter was for crap - you can thank DRC for that one. Neither team played 100% to their potential, so I'm comfortable saying it was a solid win for us. Plus, we won THERE.

Yeah but giant stadium is never a home field advantage. Ever.... Swirling winds FTL. But yeah you guys deserved it. We didnt.

Take a look at the Cardinals' record in Giant Stadium the last twenty years and you'll see it's advantage enough. For more evidence, look at our pasting against the Patriots last year. We just don't play well in colder weather.

Take a look at the Cardinals' record in Giant Stadium the last twenty years and you'll see it's advantage enough. For more evidence, look at our pasting against the Patriots last year. We just don't play well in colder weather.

Cards were rarely a good team till recently (no offense intended). The patriots also tend to give out beatings. I wish the new giants stadium was a dome ironically (older giants fans will hate me for this lol). At least in a dome we can control the weather and play our game no matter the conditions.

When ESPN's Jon Gruden said Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson was recording "more explosive plays than anybody in NFL history," he was barely exaggerating.

After recording two more long touchdowns Monday night, Jackson was award the NFC Player of the Week award Tuesday. Jackson has four touchdowns over 50 yards this season, and five plays over 50 yards overall.

The Defensive Player of the Week went to Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson. The long-time leader of Arizona's unit record five tackles, two for a loss, with an interception and two passes defensed.

Dallas' Patrick Crayton won the special teams award just one game after losing his job as a punt return because of a fumble. Crayton took over for an injured Allen Rossum against the Falcons and returned a punt 73 yards for a touchdown.

I think I heard on a podcast from Bill Simmons that Eli is the only QB in the NFL to have a better record on the road than at home. Bill Simmons also says that home-field is overrated with the exceptions of places like Seattle. I thought the game with Washington was going to be good, but that was dumb of me. The Eagle/Giants game should be a good one. Either way it will have big playoff implications if the Eagles can pull off the upset.

Props to the Patriots for taking a care of business in the UK. The win is nothing special. They should beat the Bucs and they did. Onto divisional rivals like Miami twice and a rematch with the Jets which will be no picnic for Tom Brady.

Also, anyone watch the Miami/New Orleans game? That was the weirdest/best/craziest game I've seen. The best one since Super Bowl 42. The Dolphins were killing the Saints 24-3 and tearing it up with the Wild Cat. They gave up an interception that led to a touchdown just before the half. That set the stage for a wild comeback. A lot of fumbles/interceptions and the highlight of the year by Reggie Bush.

I got to go with my Patriots of course, but don't think Miami will be any sort of easy victory. There's always a new cog put into the Wild Cat offense so the Pats should have their hands full. Belichick has been switching his defense from the 3-4 to the 4-3. I even remember last year where he did a little 46 defense so I don't think the Wild Cat will run all over New England. Plus they had some practice against Denver's Wild Horse. For the third week in a row I will say that a game will be good and probable be wrong again.

LOL Bills tried to run the Wildcat. I was jokin with another guard at work "man, Bills just need to unleash the Wildcat!" and it became a running theme for everything from the Yankees (Chase Utley? Fuck that dude, unleash the Wildcat!) to the stingy lawyers downtown that we work for at my one contract. So when they actually tried that shit, I was dying lol.

They're on a bye week too, more time to practice that Wildcat. I'm still calling the name "Stampede" if they fully integrate it. Also, Giants secondary still missing assignments is pissing me the hell off. I dunno if it's showing holes in the coaching now that Spags is gone, or if our backups are just fucking retarded and don't understand basic fundamental rules of coverage. But regardless, teams that can't solidly replace their injuries are fake, and now that includes the Giants. I am UPSET.

Now that the Eagles trampled over the Deadskins and The New York Midgets, one more ostacle they must over come this week... bring on them Cowgirlz.

Yeah, well, it'd be a spectacular meltdown if we lost this game, our offense has only punted once and it's almost the end of the third quarter.

Yeah, well, it'd be a spectacular meltdown if we lost this game, our offense has only punted once and it's almost the end of the third quarter.

What do you mean "we?" I don't mean that in the condescending sort of way because you aren't technically on the team, but was wondering what team root for?

Please see attachment.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-08 at 3.08.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-08 at 3.08.57 PM.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 152
Goddammit Niners... how can you not put away a 1-6 Titans team in the fourth quarter? I'm a little embarrassed to bleed red and gold right about now.

Last two possessions turn into two turnovers. (facepalm)

I suppose this is a great time for Saints fans. I am happy for them, they have suffered so long, much longer than Buffalo has suffered.

cha cha

Goddammit Niners... how can you not put away a 1-6 Titans team in the fourth quarter? I'm a little embarrassed to bleed red and gold right about now.

Last two possessions turn into two turnovers. (facepalm)

very sad not being able to finish games on either side of the ball..
i still say alex looks improved outside that 1 late throw to crabtree
dont know if he's the answer at qb though

Back