2009 NFL thread

lmao, the Bengals beated the Steelers.. I am shocked. And congrats to the Lions, I knew they were gonna win. Damn I love my Eagles, we have so many offense weapons. Desean Jackson and Brent Celek are going to be elite players by the end of this year. (Not that they aren't already in my mind.) Also McCoy is teh shit. Maclin will get better and better if he gets to start more often. Kolb looking like he going to be a solid backup. We don't need Garcia anymore.

Tennessee has the toughest schedule in the league this year.

Oh and as for perfect FAIL season? The Rams, easily. They are teh scrubs!

The patriots are back and all you haters can begin to whine again. They're only going to get better and healthier.

Saints are 4-0 after beating the Jets in the Superdome, the dominating offense that we've seen to start the season was held to only 1 TD (Pierre Thomas) and a field goal, while our steadily improving defense scored two in the win. Although Brees had a sub-par performance with only 195 yds and 0 TDs, Will Smith and Darren Sharper made huge defensive plays to win the game. This is kind of a glimmer of hope for NO fans that have been praying for some kind of defensive improvement to really round out our team. NO - 24 NYJ - 10

Keep Geauxing Saints!!!!

Saints are 4-0 after beating the Jets in the Superdome, the dominating offense that we've seen to start the season was held to only 1 TD (Pierre Thomas) and a field goal, while our steadily improving defense scored two in the win. Although Brees had a sub-par performance with only 195 yds and 0 TDs, Will Smith and Darren Sharper made huge defensive plays to win the game. This is kind of a glimmer of hope for NO fans that have been praying for some kind of defensive improvement to really round out our team. NO - 24 NYJ - 10

Keep Geauxing Saints!!!!

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whodat!!

The Denver juggernaut rumbles on.

The Cowboys win is solid, but aside from that you have the Bengals before they started getting lucky, AND you needed your own luck there. Then the Browns and Raiders, I mean it's good practice? But tougher games are ahead for you. Although it's not all bad, you're playing well. But a defense feasting early on bad teams or teams in turmoil of some sort, plus a QB that makes Trent Dilfer look more like an INDY driver than bus driver.

At some point, the QB will be called on to push that bus harder than it can go, and they'll crash off the road. Bus drivers except in really rare cases (Dilfer with the Raven's D and run game both in their prime) don't win Super Bowls, and that's all Kyle Orton is. He's making Eddie Royal sit in the back of the bus, too.

But of course, 4-0 is still 4-0. This is probably a 9-10 win team now that they've gotten off to this start, with maybe one win in the playoffs if they were to get a team with similar playoff woes to the Cowboys. Although in the AFC, who would that even be? Chargers may not even make the playoffs, lol.

Marginal: Your team is the best team in probably the shittiest division in football. Even the chargers look bad right now. You can be happy your team will go to the playoffs, but they will fall in the first playoff games. Just my opinion of course. Sorry if I sound like a hater, but I thought the same thing that Kowtow said. You got downright lucky in that first game with the freak tip pass that went straight to Stokley for the touchdown. Then you had the Raiders....I love the Raiders but they are HORRIBLE.

Niners baby! Rams seem to be chugging right along to that 0-16. I hope the Lions don't lose to them when they meet, lol.

I'm not going to lie, i see it that the playoff picture will pretty much be in tact by week 11 (yea...i'm being real brave.) however, if these games continue on in this way...there are going to be some suprises as far as playoff contenders are concerned.

Krayzie: wow...i didn't think the 49ers would do such a thing...for years...i'll wear that cap...knowing they might even lose the game. *sniffs* but wow...doing that to the rams...made me rofl-coptors

And those saints?? (grant it...they're in my teams division who's currently 0-3) Wow...shuttin up those jets fans!!!! lol...too solid.

But....hmm...how about the Browns game? 4 pts prevented and they STILL couldn't win. Wow....terrible.

After watching the Denver vs Cowboys game, I think Romo has lost it. His body language is all wrong, when Denver scored on their drive that drive he just sat there on the bench in disbelief despite having 2 mins on the clock left and timeouts. If Peyton was in that situation, he would be standing and raring to go. Seriously that guy is so overrated.

Looks like the Redskins and Cowboys are going to bring it down a notch this year for the Eagles. Oh well. Gives us a better chance to win the division. Now if the Saints could give the Giants a loss after their bye, I will be happy. :) But if the Saints do lost. I would also be happy cuz I hate both teams. Peyton Manning > Drew Brees.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Wade Phillips will never win a Super Bowl. Tony Romo might have to get over some jitters in the clutch, but it won't change the fact that they have a terrible coach.

Back