2009 NFL thread

Yeah i don't know why Wade is calling consecutive plays for Miles Austin with the game on the line

Marginal: Your team is the best team in probably the shittiest division in football. Even the chargers look bad right now. You can be happy your team will go to the playoffs, but they will fall in the first playoff games. Just my opinion of course.
Heh. Calling Denver a juggernaut was meant to be more snarky than anything else. They haven't played many quality teams yet, (the ones that were good Denver had to steal a win in each case.) I'm not going to be happy with Denver unless they take it all this year as that was the reason given for bringing in the new coach etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they folded halfway through the season honestly. If they do flame out in the first round of the playoffs, they'll be maintaining their usual status quo which would mean all the back office dicking around was a pointless waste of time.

I'm so glad I didn't play a Brett Favre drinking game tonight. I would've died from alcohol poisoning with 7:56 left in the second quarter.

Also, I begrudgingly respect what Mike Nolan has done with Denver's defense. I just wonder, why couldn't he do that while he was in San Francisco? But Denver winning over Dallas does not in anyway to me affirm Josh McDaniels' competence as a head coach, but more how screwed up and poorly managed the Cowboys are.

Because Mike Nolan sucks as a head Coach

So do Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Mike Martz and a whole host of other dudes who had a couple of good seasons as coordinators. Great coordinators, lousy head coaches.

I know he signed with the Niners finally, but I would like to extend a big "Fuck you" to Michael Crabtree. Hopefully Coach Singletary will straighten his ass out like he did with Vernon Davis. We have no room for primadonnas!

Heh. Calling Denver a juggernaut was meant to be more snarky than anything else. They haven't played many quality teams yet, (the ones that were good Denver had to steal a win in each case.) I'm not going to be happy with Denver unless they take it all this year as that was the reason given for bringing in the new coach etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they folded halfway through the season honestly. If they do flame out in the first round of the playoffs, they'll be maintaining their usual status quo which would mean all the back office dicking around was a pointless waste of time.

I don't see them folding halfway through the season per se, I just see them losing close games in which Kyle the bus driver Orton has to make big plays. What they're doing now will net them a decent record overall, and that division is in disarray. I still can't believe HOW shitty the Chargers look, I knew they were overrated but damn.

If your last name is Sanchez, I don't think you should be trying to cultivate a reputation as a dirty player. It's too easy a joke to set up.

Mark_Dirty_Sanchez.gif

Holy jumping fucking Jesus the G-men are CRUSHING the Raiders right now. And of course it's blacked out up here, so these people can watch their trash Bills fail at every aspect of the game. Even special teams, where they were so recently one of the best in the league, they now lead the league in penalties, in addition to all those key fumbles early in the season. How people root for such a useless fucking team, I'll never know. This shit would never fly back home in NY.

Ahmad Bradshaw gettin them fantasy points, son!

Jesus Christ, did the Niners totally forget how to win?!? I have to give credit: Atlanta is a pretty damn good team. But still... that's no excuse. Talk about a hard reality check.

Defense looked sloppy and undisciplined. I'm surprised Samurai Mike's head didn't explode from all the ineptitude.

Postgame crew likened the Bills/Browns game to a UFL game. Both sides were so horrible, this didn't even deserve to carry the NFL brand. Derek Anderson had 2 completions out of 17 (!!!!!) for 23 yards, and he's the winning QB.

Not a bad idea though, toss the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Rams, Lions and the Redskins too because I dislike them making light of my division, and send them to the UFL. Skins fans, we can replace them with someone else irrelevant like the Seahawks if you stop fucking sucking so bad. DO NOT MAKE LIGHT OF OUR DIVISION!

Postgame crew likened the Bills/Browns game to a UFL game. Both sides were so horrible, this didn't even deserve to carry the NFL brand. Derek Anderson had 2 completions out of 17 (!!!!!) for 23 yards, and he's the winning QB.

Not a bad idea though, toss the Bills, Browns, Raiders, Rams, Lions and the Redskins too because I dislike them making light of my division, and send them to the UFL. Skins fans, we can replace them with someone else irrelevant like the Seahawks if you stop fucking sucking so bad. DO NOT MAKE LIGHT OF OUR DIVISION!

To think that I was all on Jamarcus Russell's case for only having 61 yards passing in one game. 2 for 17 for 23 yards and you won??? Man I feel sorry for TO.

I was face palming the way the Patriots lost that game. They had a chance to close, but Brady was sucking with his passing after having a couple touchdowns. The Broncos had a new version of the Wildcat called the Wild Horse which brings the QB closer to the center of the of the snap to read the defense better. This is something that all wildcats offenses will eventually evolve into in my opinion.

Congrats to the Browns and Bills for having the ugliest game of the year. The teams combined for a whopping 9 points. Pathetic!

Holy jumping fucking Jesus the G-men are CRUSHING the Raiders right now. And of course it's blacked out up here, so these people can watch their trash Bills fail at every aspect of the game. Even special teams, where they were so recently one of the best in the league, they now lead the league in penalties, in addition to all those key fumbles early in the season. How people root for such a useless fucking team, I'll never know. This shit would never fly back home in NY.

Ahmad Bradshaw gettin them fantasy points, son!

We've got a heck of a game next week though. The raiders are a team in disarray and will be for many years to come. The giants second test this season will be the saints. If we can stiffle their offense, im pretty sure we will have a shot.

To think that I was all on Jamarcus Russell's case for only having 61 yards passing in one game. 2 for 17 for 23 yards and you won??? Man I feel sorry for TO.

Man don't look at me, I wasn't rooting for the Browns! What's this "you won" stuff lol, I'm a Giants fan man we CRUSHED. I was just mad because the game was blacked out here, and the Bills game wasn't even good enough for college level, let alone the NFL.

True, but Pats fans don't get to talk down to anyone after losses, lol. Nice job by your D-Line taking a dive at Orton's knees late in the game, btw! Stay classy, Belicheats. Now that you guys have a 2nd loss, I can start wearing my "18-1" Pats hoodie again without running the risk of looking like I'm rooting them on.

Nothing against you personally of course, man. I'm just really soured on the Pats after they got caught cheating.

Well whatever the Browns excuse is, ... whatever. The Bills came into this game having 14 injured STARTERS, then lost 2 MORE during the game, that is their excuse. But yea, still a pathetic game. Trent Edwards is a bad QB and our special teams went from the best to wtfbad. But...

Give me any team in the NFL and let me injure their starting CB, 2 starting LBs, 4 starting O-LINEMEN, 2 safties, 1 DE and 3 starting fucking TEs, and let's see them do well. I can think of only 2 teams in the NFL capable of dealing with that. So as bad as the Bills are, I lay that excuse out for them.

oh and fuck dick jauron.

cha cha

Back