80's and 90's cartoons revisitted!

MorsCodeStutter

[10] Knight
Feeling a little nostalgic this morning. Who else grew up in these two awesome decades and what are some of your favourite cartoons you can remember? What are your fondest memories of, and has that changed if you ever attempted watching these same cartoons as an adult?

Last year, I was into watching Batman TAS again and man has that show aged well. It had such a cinematic quality no other 22 minute cartoon could ever achieve and the writing was mature and beyond it's time. I had absolute joy in watching it again.

On the other hand, I had massive shame in revisitting Ninja Turtles, specifically the live action movies. (I'm breaking out of the topic a lil here but whatever...) man was that corny. I could hardly imagine how I'd feel if I watched the cartoon itself. I mean the movie took on a bit of a darker tone and based it a bit more in reality, but it still managed to embarass my intelligence with its cheesiness. HAH get it! Because the Ninja Turtles ate a lot of pizza?! ...yeah see the effect it had on me?

On a more positive note, I bet we could all re-appreciate the awesomeness Animaniacs was if we were to revisit nowadays, knowing full well how jam packed it was with sexual innuendo.

ANYWAYS let the nostalgia begin!

West:
Batman
X Men
TMNT
The Simpson
Asterix movies
HeMan
Tazmania
Gargoyles
Aladdin (both movie and series)
Many Disney movies

East:
Lupin
City Hunter
Kenshiro
Rocky Joe
Captain Harlock
Saint Seiya
Devilman
Yattaman
Nadia : secret of blue water
Evangelion
Doraemon
Dragon Ball
Tiger man
Ranma
Lamù
Slam Dunk
Pollon, lol
Fuckton of other anime series
Fuckton of OAV

You wanted nostalgia, here take it :D

Perhaps this is too obscure for you Americans, but Europeans and Latin Americans will know how much this shit rocked:

Saint-Seiya.jpg

dude, Eek! the Cat was the shit! I completely forgot about it til now. I don't think it'll age well into my adulthood, but I do cherish the fond ass memories I have of watching it consistently every Saturday morning along with Life With Louie.

Yeah EEK the Cat was cool. I saw Silver Hawks at Wal-Mart so i bought that one. I loved Thunder Cats. Also, Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond also.

i remember beavis and butthead. i remeber they went to some kind of wood factory and the tour guide said something like "you may be wondering, how can wood get so hard"? lol XD

I just came across this G.I. JOE spinoff. I'm wondering if this is what the Soldier from TF2 is talking about when he yells "Screaming Eagles!"

If any of you are old enough to remember this from the 80's, one of my favorites...

M.A.S.K. [Mobile Armored Strike Kommand]

It had a cool theme song by Shuki Levi who did alot of the great music from those 80s/90s cartoons (He-Man - Masters of the Universe, Saturday Supercade, Sectaurs, Jason and the Wheeled Warriors, Spiderman, X-Men..) Oh and it also had some really cool toys based on this cartoon too.

And of course here's another one...

Bionic Six

It was a show about a family of six (like the Brady bunch except updated for the times having 2 adopted kids from different racial demographic) and augmented bionic parts that gave them super powers. If I recall, as a kid growing up, I thought the mom in the show was hot... lol.

Bionic Six

It was a show about a family of six (like the Brady bunch except updated for the times having 2 adopted kids from different racial demographic) and augmented bionic parts that gave them super powers. If I recall, as a kid growing up, I thought the mom in the show was hot... lol.

oh man that sounds like something I would've been into had I been aware of it. Hahaha the adoption part would've went past my head though and it would forever perplex me why those two kids were different skin tones.

I remember Captain Planet, Powerpuff girls, Totally Spies, Sailor Moon (always woke up at 6am just to see it xD), Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, The Jetsons and probably tons more.

I do remember watching Yogi Bear and Scooby Doo though XD And some of these might be older or more newer than 80's/90's but nostalgia is fun :)

oh dear God Captain Planet, I already know wouldn't age well for me lol. But Powerpuff Girls was the shit, and Totally Spies before they started adding sub-titles to the show (not close caption but the extra shit in the main title itself). I always preferred The Jetsons to Flinstones and I've YET to see the crossover movie (or was it a series of episodes?).

As for Sailor Moon, haha I remember my pervy side starting to watch it because I saw a scene with Serena taking a bath. First boner from a cartoon character, but I eventually developed a genuine interest in the show and its story. I liked the idea at the end of a certain story arc, they would all lose their memories and have to meet each other again in completely different ways. Plus, watching Sailor Moon afforded me the luxury of having something to talk about with a girl in my class, so that was always great! Yeah I was too shy to talk to any about anything until that happened.

Back