8WR SCV tira wishlist

Okay, with Kayane's post stating Tira is still a work in progress, I am EXTREMELY worried that the developers may get confused by all the requests for changes. SO PLEASE, try to make longer detailed posts rather than posting every idea you get on the fly:

Tira's design has always been a character that is neither fast nor does big damage. This has led her to be special at nothing in SC3 and to be underwhelming across the board in SC4. There have been proposals for her to not deal self damage in gloomy as well as to have jolly have better options to survive long enough to get to gloomy.

My proposal: I have always wanted Tira to be a character that has high frame advantage on hit and block. She would keep her slower speed and weaker damage in exchange for moves having high hit/guard stun. With the indtroduction of the soul guage, the Brave Edge moves would be an option for Tira to have guarnateed stance changes into Gloomy, while the brave edge moves in Gloomy would be extremely powerful, but always force Tira back to Jolly.

That is the only post I'm putting with suggestions.

1) Jolly-Tira should be a spacing character with evasive moves, aGIs, good pokes but small damage. The lack of damage would be balanced by the possibility of moodchange combos that can be applied when the enemy whiffs. Gloomy on the other hand should yield higher damage potential at the cost of spacing and evasive moves (and not of health). Good frames (see post above) and good okizeme should be characteristics of that mood.

SCIV Tira already shows signs of such a concept but it is not perfectly executed. Her issue is basically a range problem. JS Tira can space a little but cannot take advantage of whiffs perfectly. Her lack of range makes it even dangerous against "true" spacing characters who take away Tira's ability to get in for a combo. And even if you get in you have to pray to get that mood change. Gloomy oki and frames are ok but could be tweaked.

2) As proposed here and there already, moodchange properties on moves should still be random; but! executed by will if used as a brave edge version of such a move at the cost of meter.

3) Another concern of mine is updraft. It is a fun stance, but the risk reward ratio is clearly on the opponents side and it is nearly useless in high level play. In SCV it were nice if it could be used for evasive purposes in Jolly (i.e. 7 B+K could make her jump backwards and/or have early tech jump frames. In GS it should have reduced recovery after "empty" jump-ins. A throw as a fourth option from it would help too.

Primarily, I want the randomness of moods changed because I don't think mood changes should ever be random, BUT having them fixed to a manual shift would almost completely remove the uniqueness from her gameplay. So, here's my suggestion.

A while ago I had the idea that it should be governed by her life/soul gauge. With a basic and easy-to-remember formula, like this:
life <= 50%, soul gauge <= 50% = gloomy
life <= 50%, soul > 50% = jolly
life > 50% soul <= 50% = jolly
life > 50%, soul > 50% = gloomy

This wouldn't have worked well in SC4, but with the increased meter usage in SC5 it would make it somewhat easier to manage her moods, and more intuitive. She could even have a couple of unique moves like her B+K that do nothing more than lower her meter, just as a quick method of changing moods (in addition to brave/critical edge). This kind of thing could replace the life-depleting properties she had in SC4.

I realize this in itself won't make her a stronger character, but it should make her more controllable while still giving her a unique property that other characters don't have. That, I think, should be the first goal in "fixing" her.

1.) COSTUME:
-1p, great.
-2p, give her some actual armor. We don't need another kooky costume.

2.) JS/GS:
-Keep the mood switches, but make her do more damage.
-Preferably, Tira shouldn't lose life during GS moves, but if she does still lose life, make her moves do a lot more damage to compensate for the health loss. It's only fair.
-JS could be speed-based.
-GS could be strength-based.

3.) MOVES:
-I love the idea of incorporating her Watchers/ravens into moves.
-More moves where she throws the ring blade (example: throw the ring blade across the ground like a buzz saw).
-More acrobatics! She's an acrobat!
-I love the the idea of an air grab.

4.)VOICE/DIALOGUE:
-I actually don't mind the voice actress... She should sound more demonic in GS, though.
-DON'T censor her lines! In fact, she should sound more sadistic than ever, given her 17 years of stewing madness.

5.)STORY/CHARACTER:
-Do her justice! At this point, she's a huge character in the story. Bad writing can kill a character; I hope that doesn't happen to Tira.
-Don't give her the Harley Quinn, evil side-kick treatment.

Mechanically, I'd like Tira's gloomy self-damage to work like this :

on block, she takes 1x self-damage modifier per attack
on regular hit, she takes 0.5x self-damage modifier per attack.
on CH, she'll heal for 0.5x self damage modifier per attack.

Now I don't know what the self-damage modifier is, as it could be a flat damage unique for each attack, or a flat 10% of the attack's damage ?

During Gloomy, she should gain 2.5x extra meter for getting hit compared to the normal cast.

Okay So here are some changes I have!

1. MOODS- I'm actually okay with most of the forms of changing moods. The only ones I would want to change are as follows:
***When in Gloomy, her JF attacks (66666K, 44444A, etc.) should not change her back to Jolly.
***While Jolly, 44K is fine to change her mood, but should NEVER then cause Gloomy to get a headache. This is really annoying
*** Jolly and Gloomy attacks should be varied, but have similar properties to make up for mid-combo mood changes. i.e JS 66B should hit grounded just at GS 66B does.

2. SELF DAMAGE- This is fine, I do feel, like others have said, that she should only be able to self damage down to 1% life.
***There should be a more reliable means of recovering help, preferably one while in Jolly.

3. ATTACKS- Keep the Gloomy JF inputs the same, however take away the self damage, at least on whiff.
***Jolly should have more JFs, I think giving her 22222/88888 inputs would be a really cool counter to Gloomy's 4/6 JF.
***Give Jolly just one more, non-self damaging/headache causing stun. Maybe make 66K and 22B cause stun on counter and natural, but change its current properties
***Moves that appear to hit grounded, should hit grounded.
***Moves that don't combo on NH, should combo on NH, at least half of the ones that currently do not
***Completely revamp GS 4BBB
***I'm not familiar with SC3 Tira, but I do think Jolly should get those stances where she twirls the ring, similar to Ivy did her whip in SC2... Gloomy can be stance free since she is obviously the more barbaric of the two
***WR B+K should work just like the original Updraft...

1)Attacks

-Tira should have one ridiculous move where she uses her hollow middle ring to shoot a white beam that could tackle the whole length across the stage (since she had too many short range moves,she needs a good Long range one)

-She could use some good complex moves just like Ivy's Calamity Symphony (like 32143941A+G grab move.) to perform that move

2) Costume

-nothing much, I wanna see a skirt or a dress on her 2P costume *drool~
-does not want her to reveal her body too much, she needs a slightly more noble,cleaner,more covered look
(she already had a sexy revealing costume for her 1P, she does not need too many of that type)

3)Story/character

-I would like to see an explanation of her stunted (unrevealed) growth in her story,and also her love life (what's with all the love theme?)
-Some cutscenes on her past storylines,how she grew up,how she became an assassin+thief,why did she go crazy in the first place,etc would be great
-oh yes I want her to sound as evil as possible~
-make her seductive... something that makes guys drool

4)Other non related wish~

-Bring back her lovely kiss of death on the next installment...
-wonders if she have a boyfriend or something

I want tira to play exactly the same as she did in sc4. All I want is to apply the new brave edge moves and CE. The only thing I can say I would want changed is her frames. Other than that I would want her the same.

I totally agree with many people to Tira return to SCIII gameplay and especially to Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition.
I was love to play her with her stances but ofcourse i want her more safe to many moves especially at 44B stance.
I think Tira's most frustrating trouble until SCIV was her hitbox.
She has very annoying hitbox together with Zasalamel in SCIV.
If they keep her style as it is in SCIV i hope to fix some silly mistakes to Tira's moods.
For example Gloomy's lost health and ofcourse the random factor to Tira's moods.
I hope to see her in a brand new gameplay style more correct than before and more close to SCIII Arcade Version.
More balance to her moves meaning safer moves not very linear (SCIV Tira was playing very linear not like Raphael but enough close to him) to her movelist and ofcourse better mix up gameplay.In other words for the last one.Safer mix up gameplay.
Although my thoughts for Tira is to become more SCIII AE gameplay and with better hitbox and more safe moves.Because Tira can be punished very badly from characters which they have good punishing moves like Amy or Sophie and forces her to play (from all of her movelist) with basic moves.
It's pity to watch a so amazing character like Tira to play with a few moves and risk many of the others.
That's my thoughts for Tira.I can't wait to play her in SCV and finally to see her decent and to compete against other characters!!!

Mechanically, I'd like Tira's gloomy self-damage to work like this :

on block, she takes 1x self-damage modifier per attack
on regular hit, she takes 0.5x self-damage modifier per attack.
on CH, she'll heal for 0.5x self damage modifier per attack.

Now I don't know what the self-damage modifier is, as it could be a flat damage unique for each attack, or a flat 10% of the attack's damage ?

During Gloomy, she should gain 2.5x extra meter for getting hit compared to the normal cast.
This is a really cool idea. I like the idea of getting health back on counter hit. But I think if she hits the opponent on counter hit she takes no damage in gloomy at all from the counter hit.

I want tira to play exactly the same as she did in sc4. All I want is to apply the new brave edge moves and CE. The only thing I can say I would want changed is her frames. Other than that I would want her the same.
I want her like how she was in SC3. She never took any self damage and had a lot of powerful moves in SC3. I want her like how she was in SC3 accept with our ideas on new moves, attacks return of stances, new stances ext that have been posted on this thread and other threads for Tira in SC5.

I will just say 3 important things

JS 66A less insecure, Pyrrha can punishment with her CE O_o, can not be so insecure
GS 4B: B :B natural combo, is interruptible in block, is unsafe, is a worse version of Setsuka's 1B:B, Why natural combo only in counter hit? :(
change guaranteed to GS in JS 66B BE, is need for their new combos from Jolly Side

1. Costume - make all her previous costumes obtainable in some way
(if nothing else, put all her prev. costumes up as DLC. I LIVED for the SC3 1P, lol)

2. Moods
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make her damage herself in GS anymore...or at the very least, if realism must be heeded, only take 1 or 2 points of health away for each attack. Don't have her kill herself.

3. Stances/moves.
Bring back her 44B and 11_77B stances. And throw in an aerial throw for Updraft

That's all I have at the moment...I'm more of a casual player, lol

i honestly dnt know too much about tira..since i just picked her up a few weeks ago. lol but just after a few weeks I feel like you have to TURTLE to win matches.

her frames are bad. (too slow i'm sorry but shes like 95lbs and asta moves faster well not faster but u get the point lol)

not enough moves aka, mix up isn't good., no good lows. well i like 88k. ;D haha

i dnt have a problem too much w/ gs and js. but I'd like them to be able to have the user have more control. and u shouldn't have a ''headache'' as stated above after doin 44k after a move.

but i'd like to see more moves, combos in jolly state and as stated earlier more acrobatic moves. there's just so much you can do with tira.

ok guys,and thanks vodka for stating this too

its ok just saying how unsafe tira really is to get across how much it needs fixing,but no more now please guys :)
id hate to see this thread go all topsy turvy again so the devs cant read it,even if no one sends it again(which i might now)
i have been informed by filthierich that our posts do get checked and read

so please take any tira discussions to this thread:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/can-i-kill-you-now-please-tira-d-scv.6548/page-42#post-295616

or you will find 2 other threads for votes for tira in her SCV soul arena,thanks :)

Please stay on format and on topic or I'll be forced to come back and clean up less nicely/invasively next time.

PS: Tira SC5 mods spots are still open. PM me after reading the requirements post.

Site Rules said:
4) Stay on Topic
Site Rules said:
We're tired of seeing threads that start off on one topic, quickly generating into 12+ pages of truly worthless idle fodder (see what I did there) in under thirty minutes... Try to stay on topic when replying to a thread. If you're going to go off on a genuine tangent, be considerate and start a new thread for the discussion. If you're going to use the threads for nothing but monosyllabic partial sentences to hold idle banter, at least do it in the proper forum.

1.costume-
-The next costume is most likely going to be Jolly based, so I have no idea how to suggest things for this since they'll be so completely different.

2.moods
GS-
- Return the while rising K stun, and make it an unshakeable stun that 3kA can connect too.
- I still want 4B:B:B to be buffed majorly, damage should increase slightly, frames should be much better on block and whiff, and should be a natural combo all of the time, and the last hit should hit grounded like the first two.​
- I personally think damage should only occur on hit.​
- Have back turned B+K B wall hit bring the opponent close enough to Tira for A+K to always connect.​
- It would be cool if 44A had a just frame seperate from the directional input that added an extra hit on impact, maybe have the 4A:A animation after the sidestep hit.​
JS-
- Make 3K stun again.
- Make wall hit 2AB draw the opponent in close enough for A+K to always connect
- Make 66AA safer, not completely safe, but much safer than it is now.
- increase the actual hit of 4b's range so that it actually connects sometimes.
- Make 2AB safer and a natural combo at all times
- make 88/22B hit on combos like 66B 4A:A 4K instead of initiating the super sidestep.
-Make 6AB a natural combo on neutral and to always launch on counter hit, even if both hits connect.
-Return both stances, hovering lark and rumbling robin, to jollly

other-
-Remove 3A in both stances and replace it.
-Change the timing on all three move from up draft so that you can't parry the B K and A variations at the same time.​
- Make up draft A safer, more knock back on block and knock down on counter hit.​
- more options from up draft​
- Make 4KB bounce the target on the last hit rather than slide, to the point where 4A:A is usable.​

- a low option from 4K
-Return the stun on 6K
-fix the wiff issue with 4A:A
- since this move is so slow to begin with, either make 11B faster or make it launch even on neutral.
- make both sides 3b stun

3.moves and grabs
new command throw-
- Have three new command throws. One specifically for gloomy to switch to jolly, while restoring all of the health lost from self damage in the process.
- A self damaging grab always switches to gloomy.​
^ these grabs would both be the same input.​
- A low damage, high launcher, combo able into 88A in gloomy and 4A:A in both stances.​
^ this grab will be opposite the other two.​

etc

4.balance-
-In general Tira's frames need some tweaking. I honestly don't think 6k should be as safe as it is but I also don't think JS 66AA should be as unsafe as it is. These are just examples and there are plenty more.
- I think her damage is fine save for her 4B:B:B just frame, the sheer amount of hits she gets in makes up for her lacking single strike damage.​
- Since Tira seems largely combo based to get serious damage in, make her launchers usable with less risk involved than they have now.​

5.other-

- I want Jennifer Hale back! :'(​

Tira's ring blade is bigger and heavier than most of the other weapons in SC? She has moderate speed which is fitting to such weapon but damage... she needs some damage buff. If you compere sizes of Eiserne Drossel and a katana of Mitsu, you'll see Eiserne Drossel is almost 3 times bigger than katana!

There was a big meaning in ring blade in SC3. Both weapon and style has circular figures in it. Sircling and repeating combos, spinning stances etc, I think those things that made Tira very special should return in SCV.

Back