A few Soul Calibur characters were clearly inspired by Guilty Gear

tumblr_lxkk4xACbR1qhmfkuo1_400.gif

I feel like i'm being nudged while being told "ah ah? get it?"
then the "boo doom tish..."

and then a sigh, and a slow shake of my head... and then I move on.

Soul Edge: Released 1996
Guilty Gear: Released 1998

GG would be inspired by soulcalibur (or by obvious things like Grim Reaper = Zasalamel). These characters really aren't that similar to begin with.

Soul Edge: Released 1996
Guilty Gear: Released 1998

GG would be inspired by soulcalibur (or by obvious things like Grim Reaper = Zasalamel). These characters really aren't that similar to begin with.

Madnis gets it. The facepalmers got it. ....I'm really not sure if you got it.
Also Setsuka came after Baiken and is practically the exact same character, but said character is a Japanese stock character, so as you said obvious thing.

The only similarity is that they're weapon-based fighters.
Madnis gets it. The facepalmers got it. ....I'm really not sure if you got it.
Also Setsuka came after Baiken and is practically the exact same character, but said character is a Japanese stock character, so as you said obvious thing.
The only similarity between Setsuka and Balkan is that they're women who wear open kimonos. I had no idea Setsuka also had an eye and arm missing and fights with both a katana and some chain weapon

It's not that the picture SAID justice... that's the character's name... so "I am justice!" and all... yea I give up, don't drink and post =p. That was seriously the main point. The people who are getting frustrated because the connections are so dumb, that was the idea, until you get to Justice.

Also @REPROBEAN_CHILD , Setsuka and Baiken both seem to fight from the draw, Iaijutsu or whatever it's called, and both fight because they are consumed with getting revenge against one man.

Back