Aeon Combo Discussion

Has anyone found out a consistent way to land WS B, BT B+K, 44BAA? It seems like it combos sometimes and dosen't othertimes. I dunno if it's a weird spacing issue or what, but it seems pretty unreliable, which is a shame.

You just have to land BT B+K so they pop up, and to make that happen, you have to delay the move slightly or else their hurtbox is too high. Too late and you'll push them on the ground.

That combo is really easy compared to 66B, BT B+K, 44BAA. The issue with this one is that you have to land BT B+K extremely late. We're talking to the point where they're literally going to hit the ground, then you have to be really fast with 44BAA to hit them before they land on the ground. When this happens, you'll ground bounce them again, making AC not possible on the rest of the combo. The damage output is pretty good when landing it normally (around 85-90).

But yeah, landing the BT B+K correctly is the hardest part since I think they get damage from landing on the ground just before the move pops them back up.

I'm a little confused because I have no issue with hitting BT B+K to pop them back up. :X It's just the 44BAAA I have trouble with. Unless you just mean that there's a very, very specific time where BT B+K has to hit, and that just hitting them to where they bounce back forward isn't enough.

Possibly a very specific time. I never had trouble landing 44BAA after the BT B+K in that combo (the one you listed) though. Are they blocking the first hit after BT B+K?

Also, just to make sure we're on the same page, WS = WR in a sense correct? Or do you get a different move from it?

If you have trouble the next best damage AFAIK is WS B_33B, B+K, 66A+B , and it's easier. Just mash out 66 A+B after the roll.

On the wall, 4A, 6B$ is pretty reliable

44baa is really easy. You're mis-timing when you should start the ender. you can do it fast enough where the opponent doesn't even need to hit the ground for 44baa to hit. Their height will be around Aeon's head is the fastest possible to juggle with 44baa.

my bad on saying C im used to C meaning heavy a la melty blood or marvel. anyway i also found out against the wall 3B 1B$ CE works but I'm not sure how practical that is using a bar and a half. i havent tested air control with it yet though but im stuck in class -_-.

On the subject of 3B AA AA AA.. if your opponent does air control back you can do 3B AA CE. If you dont connect the CE, 3B AA works decent with ring out. I havent tried it with front left yet because I only did it in match once but again that will be tested as soon as I get the chance to. Also, that loop is pretty godlike online lol.

Does anyone have anything better for 4A than 44BAA for 51 dmg or CE for 92?

For 3B, AA, AA... like you said, it's ok for RO. If they have their back to the edge/wall you can usually only get 2 reps before they can get out. If you di forward right or left with the firt set, di back will usually get you out of the 2nd. In any case it still takes 3 reps to beat the damage of 3B, 66K.

best meterless combo yet
33_99B, BT B+K, 8B+K(the one that doesn't cause you to bounce back), 44BAA 100 or so damage
Can also change ender to 44K for better oki options, but does less damage(90).

Also, the timing of the combo is strict. I am figuring it out now so I'll get back to this.

EDIT: So I discovered the issue...The combo is specific to the enemy's position. The launcher has to hit either directly in front(not likely), or directly towards the right(sidestep punish ftw!). Nothing between. Unfortunately, hitting them from behind doesn't work. The launcher sends them too far which makes BT B+K, 8B+K inconsistent and delayed for weird timing. Left side works to an extent. but it gives you 8B+K that rebounds you off of the opponent.

I'm getting it off of a hit 45 degrees right or left too. I think it has a lot to do with how high they are when you hit with the roll too.

I've also got 33B, BT B+K, 8B+K, Fly K when I get the bounce version of 8 B+K. Haven't had time to test it yet though.

44baa is really easy. You're mis-timing when you should start the ender. you can do it fast enough where the opponent doesn't even need to hit the ground for 44baa to hit. Their height will be around Aeon's head is the fastest possible to juggle with 44baa.

44BAA won't work if you hit them up near your head cause they can DI away. I stated that you have to thit them just before landing cause then they can't AC away.

Does anyone have anything better for 4A than 44BAA for 51 dmg or CE for 92?

For 3B, AA, AA... like you said, it's ok for RO. If they have their back to the edge/wall you can usually only get 2 reps before they can get out. If you di forward right or left with the firt set, di back will usually get you out of the 2nd. In any case it still takes 3 reps to beat the damage of 3B, 66K.

I'm getting it off of a hit 45 degrees right or left too. I think it has a lot to do with how high they are when you hit with the roll too.

I've also got 33B, BT B+K, 8B+K, Fly K when I get the bounce version of 8 B+K. Haven't had time to test it yet though.
Yeah, IDK, it feels weird for it to complete on the left side though. I get the combo off more and more often now though, XD.
About the bounce version, it can be inconsistent though. Sometimes the bounce will push them too far for aeon to follow up with SW K.

@Scatz: I can still get the combo everytime. I just landed the combo with the CPU DI in all eight directions. It sucks that I can't show you.

I'm pretty sure both BT B+K and 44B disable air tech for that hit. I know for sure BT B+K does, not sure about 44B.

I know for a fact that 44B doesn't disable AC unless it's hit at specific places.

@Megamonk: Yea, I should've been more specific cause it does work when it's that high, but often times, it gets inconsistent cause 44BAA stops tracking.

Wall combos:

66K, 66K, 3B, 66K 113 dmg
66K, 66K, 6bA+B+K 141 dmg
66K, 66K, 3B, CE 157 dmg
33K, 66k, 3B, 66k 100 dmg
33K, CE 95 dmg
6[K], CE 147 dmg
6[K], 66K, 6bA+B+K 163 dmg
6[K], 66K, 3B, CE 176 dmg

Note: 66K/33K into 66K is a little specific on the type of wall splat and position. Also not a wall combo but something worth noting, 4b+kG on collapsing walls will ring you out but not the opponent.

Ok then, here we go...

The Comprehensive Aeon Combo List!

This should be pretty complete (except for wall combos, which I can add later if people want to test some out), but I will test and add anything that you guys post that works.

Also, if some things are missing, it's possible that there are a few character dependent combos. I tested Aeon vs. Aeon mostly, so if you guys aren't able to replicate a combo, please post what character you're trying it against and I'll test it out and maybe put a note in the guide somewhere.

NCs

A,A {24 dmg}
WSA,B {44 dmg}
88_22A,B {28}
44_11_77[A],K {78} (+ Brave Edge options. I think the fireball will connect as many times as you have meter to do it)
B,B,B {53} (Techable to the left after second B)
6B,B {28}
66B,K {68}
66B(BE),K {78} (+ Brave Edge options. I think the fireball will connect as many times as you have meter to do it)
44B,A,A {43}
8B+K,K {62}

Standard Combos

4A
-->33_99K {47}
-->44B,A,A {51}
-->6B(BE) {93}
-->CE {92 dmg if they stay down, 103 if they tech}

1A
-->2B {35}
-->66B {48}

9B
-->2B {46 if they stay down, 50 if they tech. Only escape-able by left tech)

3B
-->3B {56}

-->66K {63}
-->66B {66}
-->CE {102}

1B(BE)
-->44B,A,A {86}
-->66K {87}
-->4B+K~G {87}
-->44K {89}
-->CE {118 ~ 127} (Doesn't stay consistent, damage wise)

WSB
-->(slight delay) B+K > 66K {66}
-->(slight delay) B+K > 66A+B {69}
-->(slight delay) B+K > 44B,A,A {74} (very strict timing, probably not worth the extra 5 damage)
-->(slight delay) B+K > CE {103}

33B
-->(slight delay) B+K > 66A+B {70}
-->(slight delay) B+K > 44B,A,A {79} (very strict timing)
-->G (to turn around) > 44B,A,A {77} (much easier)
-->G (to turn around) > CE {107} (strict timing)

-->66B {53} (connects at all but max range)

33_99K
-->66A+B {66}
-->44B,A,A {66}
-->44K {71}

11_77K
-->2B {32}

Counter Hit Combos

1B
-->44K {60}
-->44B,A,A {60}

WSK
-->44K {52}
-->66K {58}
-->6B(BE) {85)
-->CE {94}

22_88A,B
-->44B,A,A {57}
-->44K {61}
-->33_99K {67}

And that's it! Aeon's pretty light on the combo front, but if you find anything else, post it up and I'll test it and add it in!

Also, if someone wants to transplant this to the stickied combo thread, I'm all for it. I'll keep it updated as best I can.

I think 3B, 66K does more damage then 3B, 3B. And BBB isn't NC. Otherwise, good stuff.

Oh man, 9K, 66B combos? Siiiiicccckkkkk. Safe panic button anti-low/throw for days.

BBB is definitely NC, though I believe there might be a couple of smaller characters who can weasel out of it by teching in a specific direction after the second hit. The vast majority aren't so lucky.

As for 3B > 66K, it does 3 fewer damage than 3B > 3B.

Everyone can tech to the left on normal hit on BB. To the left in general is Aeon's weak side- you can step inbetween BBB to the left, step FLY K between 66B>FLY to the left, etc. etc.

I don't have the game in front of me atm (at work) but I DO have the guide and that 3B, 3B number sounds incredibly wrong since 66K does more damage (42 + clean hit) then 3B. (32) I'll retest when I get home, but yeah, I'd recheck if I were you. 3B, 3B doing more damage implies that 3B somehow gets a damage buff in juggles, which would be game changing for every character. It'd also imply that they've decieded to change his bnb since SC1, which, while possibile, seems unlikely, given the state of the character.

Haven't found this one here: although I do not fully understand the notations yet:

33B 4B+K 4B+K AA 6BB CE, but I'm not sure the CE will work, maybe if you shorten it.

I would suggest testing that combo versus air control. You can do this by going into 2p settings and setting different directions. I can garauntee just by looking at the length of that combo that it's invalidated after the 2nd 4b+k. probably the first depending upon exactly what 4b+k does versus air control. (never tried it!). As a rule, very few moves prohibit air control, and generic AAs definitely don't. The only Aeon move i'm aware of that prohibits air control is BT B+K.

Don't stop searching though! You never know what you'll find, but in high levels, everyone air controls.

Back