Aeon Combo Discussion

I would suggest testing that combo versus air control. You can do this by going into 2p settings and setting different directions. I can garauntee just by looking at the length of that combo that it's invalidated after the 2nd 4b+k. probably the first depending upon exactly what 4b+k does versus air control. (never tried it!). As a rule, very few moves prohibit air control, and generic AAs definitely don't. The only Aeon move i'm aware of that prohibits air control is BT B+K.

Don't stop searching though! You never know what you'll find, but in high levels, everyone air controls.

yeah, I noticed that ingame you can't air controle with AA, I did this combo in training, I'm new to soul calibur so: what's up with that? And by the way, what does BT B+K mean, the BT part that is??

you can air control AA. Back, back left, back right, all work for sure just off the top of my head. By that point in the combo AA wouldn't hit anyways unless 4B+K has some crazy juggle specific properties. BT = Back turned.

you can air control AA. Back, back left, back right, all work for sure just off the top of my head. By that point in the combo AA wouldn't hit anyways unless 4B+K has some crazy juggle specific properties. BT = Back turned.

Thx 4 reply, but it seems I was wrong in my input, what I do is 33B BT B+K 4B+K AA 6BB and after that CE 170 damage
Sorry don't wanna spam the forum.

3B, 3B does 57 dmg on normal hit
3B, 66K does 63 dmg on normal
3B, 3B does 62 on counter hit
3B, 66K does 69 on counter

Also, I haven't found any character that can't tech the third hit of BBB.

Let's not forget 66K has clean hit bonus too..

Gerrie, you combo can be escaped by air control.
i have a question about the clean hit, sometimes aeon glows on the 66K or 4K or some other moves and it says clean hit and dose more damage, is this random? or is it just frame input or something like that?

Can't remember who said 33K - 33B worked, but thanks a lot! Found some serious punishment combos for landing it.

Note that I'm still testing all possible options for it, but for now, these work:

99K - 99B - 66K = 110DMG

99K - 99B ~ G(Turn around) CE = 143DMG
If Ukemi = Left, Then CE = 236
If Ukemi = Right, Then CE = 214

Last combo has very tight timing and 33K doesn't work cause they tech out. For some reason, only 99K - 99B can cover both left and right techs. This is non counter btw.

Can't remember who said 33K - 33B worked, but thanks a lot! Found some serious punishment combos for landing it.

Note that I'm still testing all possible options for it, but for now, these work:

99K - 99B - 66K = 110DMG

99K - 99B ~ G(Turn around) CE = 143DMG
If Ukemi = Left, Then CE = 236
If Ukemi = Right, Then CE = 214

Last combo has very tight timing and 33K doesn't work cause they tech out. For some reason, only 99K - 99B can cover both left and right techs. This is non counter btw.
maybe i am just stupid, but after 33 or 99K, 33 or 99B dosent hit at all, its to slow

The other combinations (33K - 33B, 99K - 33B, etc.) are unreliable. I've only been able to find consistency with 99K - 99B, and even then, you have to be really quick for 99B to land before they tech out.

i tested it now, u can do it with a lot of stuns, like ch 1B, ch 22AB or the 33K, if they ukemi 33B can catch them, but it depends on where they ukemi, so u can also whiff it, its a mind game

Skimmed through and didn't see these combos here or on the list.
66K/6[K] W!, 66K W!, 6B(BE) 50% meter-163 with 6[K] 144 with 66K
3B W!, 3B W!, 1B(BE), CE,-This ones a little gimmicky and seems to only land at certain angles or maybe just certain walls. Honestly he seems kinda buggy in general.
33B, BT B+K, 8B+K, 44[K]-91 Damage This takes some extreme timing as 8B+K needs to land at tip range to avoid the jump back but it looks awesome lol.

i tested it now, u can do it with a lot of stuns, like ch 1B, ch 22AB or the 33K, if they ukemi 33B can catch them, but it depends on where they ukemi, so u can also whiff it, its a mind game
I noticed that. I'm going to test sometime this weekend on all the characters so I can see what works and what doesn't.

I think 3B, 66K does more damage then 3B, 3B. And BBB isn't NC. Otherwise, good stuff.

I am here to admit my mistakes. Somehow, my Training Style "Free 2" was set to ukemi BACK instead of LEFT like it should have been, so yes, BBB is techable to the left after the second hit.

Also, for some reason I kept looking at the 3B > 66B numbers when comparing ti to the 66K finisher.

I'm with you, the 66K does 63 damage and seems to give clean hit (I think 70 damage?) pretty often.

Sorry if I sounded confrontational or anything. I changed my post to show appropriate stuff. Hopefully Heaton can update the official combo thread, too.

So...if the opponent Ukemis on knockdown and you hit them with 66B, it can launch them for the Fly~K to hit.
I found this out after messing around with 6B BE.
heres this combos Ive been using:
WR K CH, 6B BE, hold 4 (turn around) 66B. = this is 118 damage.

WR K CH, 6B BE, hold 4 (turn around) 66B*, Fly~K = 163 damage
*hits them as a ukemi trap, launching them

Not bad for one BE i think.

EDIT:went and rechecked the damage.

Nice WR K CH combo, I did some testing and you can do the same but with 4A CH into 6B BE (turn around) 66B for 130.

You have to really close for the 6B BE to connect after the 4A stun.

66b ukemi definitely works after 6b BE. I do this all the time against people. Now if they decide to just roll along the ground then it will not work, or in some cases not pick them up.

Did some extensive testing on Ukemi traps. All these work; however, it could be the case that spacing might make them uncombo (Natsu is the one that made me think about the spacing).

All of this is from no CH (CH makes the timing easier). If you land 33_99K on the following characters, you can follow up with 33_99B for massive damage.

Aeon* (Hard!!!)
Astaroth
Algol* (Hard!!!)
Cervantes
Mitsurugi**
Natsu*** (Very Hard!!!)

* = Have to use 33K -> 99B. CE can only combo if you do DP -> QCF
** = If Ukemi = right, then must use DP -> QCB to combo CE
*** = Must do 99K -> 33B. If Ukemi = right, then must use 6 -> QCBQCB to combo CE. This combo only works at max range of 99K!

The ones you cannot tech trap with these specific moves are
A-Pat
Ezio Auditore
Hilde
Ivy
Leixia
Maxi

Not finished yet, so I'll be updating as I test the rest of the cast. This trap can lead to serious combos on non-CH (Not exact numbers!):
33_99K -> 33_99B -> 66K = 100 - 115DMG
33_99K -> 33_99B -> 66B = 100DMG
33_99K -> 33_99B -> CE = 140-150DMG
33_99K -> 33_99B -> 44BAA = 115DMG Very Hard!

Lastly, to land the CE, you have to get the move out either at the same time or before they hit the ground. It's definitely easier to land when you do DP - QCF (The DP is to allow Aeon to turn and get closer to opponent), but the timing is pretty tight (CH makes the entire thing much easier). You can't rush the CE or else you'll move backwards or mess up the camera, which will make you miss or mess up your inputs. Oh yeah, if you happen to hit them but not go into the full CE, you're at least given frame advantage even if they Ukemi.

After I finish doing this, I'm going to look into comboing with BBB. Apparently you can use it as an Ukemi trap from certain stuns. It requires you to change from quickstepping to just doing it immediately after stun depending on the character.

Back