Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Well the tools I use against Viola are:
6A
-(Maintains distance, cuts step, and is safe)
22_88A,B
-(CH fishing and use sparingly. Best when used at tip range..which is outside of her 3B range)
-(Push out, clean hit damage, and safe)
4B+K
-(Use at range, useful for GRD and Clean Hit damage, safe)
4B
-(Fishing for CH's, push out, and is safe)
-(On wake, rolls, etc. until my opponent begins to twitch duck. Then I throw out either 66K, 2B, 6B,BE)

New amazing discovery that changes everything.
After 1B BE on hit, you can run under the opponent and combo BT B+K. It does 71 damage and is hilarious.
You can also tech trap with throws. I guarantee you people will be so confused they won't break A, which lets you get the most convoluted reverse ringout off 1B BE possible.

New amazing discovery that changes everything.
After 1B BE on hit, you can run under the opponent and combo BT B+K. It does 71 damage and is hilarious.
You can also tech trap with throws. I guarantee you people will be so confused they won't break A, which lets you get the most convoluted reverse ringout off 1B BE possible.
Im already confused......... :)

Now for something actually useful pertaining to the subject on hand, anti-Viola.
  • Against 66AAB, 66K will TC the 2nd hit. iWR K also punishes the 2nd hit but only gets CH if she does all 3 hits, which is unlikely.
  • 4B+K goes under the last hit of Set BBB. It doesn't punish, but it kills any chance of continuing offense she might have had.
  • 66K ducks and punishes the third hit of Set AAB.
  • 1B+K goes completely under her CE for the entire duration. As long as she isn't depositing the ball right onto your face when the CE starts, you can use this to avoid getting sucked into the CE. Her attacks that hit you during 1B+K are terrible damage so this is a really effective way of stopping it.
  • 44A BE can be stepped to her right.
  • If you JG the second hit of 44A BE, you can interrupt the orb hits with 3B. This punishes too, so she can't block it.
  • If she does 6B+K → 6B, you can step after the 6B to her left and the orb will whiff.
  • 11B evades a lot of 6B+K setup nonsense in general. Her only punish on 11B is FC A, which is kind of sad.
  • Aeon's most consistent punish on Set 3B is K or a single A. At tip range, the 2nd hit of AA will whiff and put you at disadvantage.
  • Set 8A+B can be stepped and punished with 33B. Orb 8A+B is 3B punishable but cannot be stepped.
This really does seem like a matchup that's best played at mid range. Her only real anti-backdash tool is 66AAB, and Aeon has godlike TCs that you can bait it with.

Hmm, I'd better spark up some activity here.
Here's something that most Aeon players probably already know but hasn't been put to paper yet. If your opponent mashes any buttons other than ukemi, staying grounded, or just holding G after getting thrown with B+G or A+G, you get a backthrow.

• 66K ducks and punishes the third hit of Set AAB.

I tried this before and it got blocked. Maybe it was Set BBB not sure.

Now
  • 1B+K goes completely under her CE for the entire duration. As long as she isn't depositing the ball right onto your face when the CE starts, you can use this to avoid getting sucked into the CE. Her attacks that hit you during 1B+K are terrible damage so this is a really effective way of stopping it.
I got hit trying this too before. When you start rolling around you're not in complete grounded state anymore and the orb will pick you up.

I tried this before and it got blocked. Maybe it was Set BBB not sure.
Probably Set BBB, which only a few characters can actually punish. Aeon can 66K to go under it which guarantees a counter hit if she tries to keep attacking, but if she just does BBB and blocks (and good Violas will always either hit confirm Set BBB or block after it) 66K won't punish.
AAB is much less safe so 66K should punish it.

I got hit trying this too before. When you start rolling around you're not in complete grounded state anymore and the orb will pick you up.
I think it depends on how far you are from the orb when you start 1B+K. If you're close enough that you get sucked underneath it, the UB will roll out of the CE before it can pick you up. If you start it from a long distance and end up rolling underneath it, it picks you up. Fortunately her combo opportunities if this happen are virtually nil. She only gets 1A+B at best, I think. If you are far enough that 1B+K will get caught by the CE, you should still be able to just walk away from it instead, which means she wasted her CE.

Hmm, I'd better spark up some activity here.
Here's something that most Aeon players probably already know but hasn't been put to paper yet. If your opponent mashes any buttons other than ukemi, staying grounded, or just holding G after getting thrown with B+G or A+G, you get a backthrow.

LOL nice find there :) kapppppppa

You should think about quiting your job and becoming a LIKE farmer..

Hmm general discussion?...
What do guys think about Aeon's wings? Do you like the angel wings? Do you prefer bat wings? Should he continue to have wings after the horrible stance that came with them? Lol.

I was seriously disappointed in his Fly stance because he barely has any use for it. The wings however rock. They fit the evolution theme PS wanted to go with for Aeon.

I used this tactic since day 1. The thing is when they start teching, you whiff the fireball and end up -1000000.
Still a viable tactic though. Also there are some oki situations that if you maximum delay the fireball, you catch them after they tech, so it's still a possible mind game.

Sometimes if they tech and my fireball misses I use the extra meter to fireball cancel. Most people don't punish it because they never saw the fireball cancel before so they're like "WTF?"

Back