Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

It happened to me in a combo today.

I used 3B CE as a whiff punisher (just after stepping Pyrrha 3B) and the breath animation whiffed.

Just a little question for all of you, do you guys use 66K outside of punishment/combos? If so, how and do you see it punished often?

I specifically use it as a fast power mid/forward RO mid/check to see if my opponent knows how to fight Aeon. 66K has been unsafe in every game it's ever been in, so if they don't punish it, I know right away they don't know much about his frame data (or have bad reactions.)

I think it may be useful for frametraps when wall/edge is nearby but apart of those - what crow_winters said.

So I'm noticing 8B+K in juggles sometimes bounces Aeon into FLY. I know this is what the move usually does, but I never saw it happen in juggles before; usually Aeon just lands on the ground for a 66B or 44BAA combo. Is there a way to make it more/less consistent?

So I'm noticing 8B+K in juggles sometimes bounces Aeon into FLY. I know this is what the move usually does, but I never saw it happen in juggles before; usually Aeon just lands on the ground for a 66B or 44BAA combo. Is there a way to make it more/less consistent?

I have gotten it to work more often on :3::3: or:9::9::B:, it is possible from rising :B: but much more difficult.
If you buffer the command for :8:or :9::B+K:, right after the launcher, it works more often (from my testing). I can only seem to get it around 40% which is a shame. I think it may be dependent on the size of the character and their orientation in relation to how you launched them.

I did notice that I was near the wall, but it happened against Dampierre, who I think is on the small side. Does FLY K actually connect when this happens? I wasn't expecting it so I didn't get to see, and I haven't been able to replicate it in training mode yet.

If the opponent's backed against a wall a fly K can connect, and it actually seems mildly consistent in a WR B combo if I remember right.

Aeon is no handsome knight.

tumblr_lyri3j0OZp1qb4j6qo6_500.jpg

I wish this SA was as lively as the Siegfried forums. So much shit going on over there.
Cause everyone loves Siegfried man. Aeon is the new Rock in terms of SA activity. Also Aeon needs a chant when he wrecks people in tourneys something like "All I do is BBB no matter what, got Oki on the mind, I can never get enough. And every time I get selected, Everybody's hands go what or something like that?

Cause everyone loves Siegfried man. Aeon is the new Rock in terms of SA activity. Also Aeon needs a chant when he wrecks people in tourneys something like "All I do is BBB no matter what, got Oki on the mind, I can never get enough. And every time I get selected, Everybody's hands go what or something like that?

ALL I DO IS BBB NO MATTER WHAT! GOT COUNTERS ON THE MIND; I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH! WHENEVER AEON'S IN THE BUILDING, EVERYBODY'S GUARD GOES UP........AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE (B GRAB B GRAB B GRAB) 'CAUSE ALL I DO IS B! B! B! AND IF YOU STEP, BETTER CHECK, COUNTER HIT, 'CAUSE YOU'LL STAY THERE!

ALL I DO IS BBB NO MATTER WHAT! GOT COUNTERS ON THE MIND; I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH! WHENEVER AEON'S IN THE BUILDING, EVERYBODY'S GUARD GOES UP........AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE (B GRAB B GRAB B GRAB) 'CAUSE ALL I DO IS B! B! B! AND IF YOU STEP, BETTER CHECK, COUNTER HIT, 'CAUSE YOU'LL STAY THERE!

I like it now If any of us thinks of something else to add to this then go for otherwise I think we should make this into a Soul Calibur meme or something? Spread the chant song on any and every stream that you see a Aeon.

Hi everybody! It's my first time posting here. I recently noticed, after the patch, that 44_77_11A if blocked by the enemy makes Aeon move backward a bit while he is flying. Is it an unlisted patch change or it was already like this? Do you think this makes it safer?

Hi everybody! It's my first time posting here. I recently noticed, after the patch, that 44_77_11A if blocked by the enemy makes Aeon move backward a bit while he is flying. Is it an unlisted patch change or it was already like this? Do you think this makes it safer?

It was like this before.

And since a held 44_77_11A is only -14 and has that pushback, I'll use it for guard damage sometimes. It actually does quite a lot for a mid horizontal, and it's possible to break with the move I believe (maybe even un-charged).

Back