Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

1B+K? It's one of my favorite unblockables.

It will super tech crouch everything (Aeon's actually in lying position as he's doing it). You can use it to reposition yourself in the ring or just as a panic button to get the **** outta there. It's surprisingly useful against some characters : Maxi, Viola as Aeon basically ROFLs at them whiffing entire strings.

The cancel transition to LC in SCIV was great. Now its just to make sure you wont be doing barrel rolls all over the place.
I just think that its great in general that hes got super evasion on it making its use very situational but not useless like most UBs when theyre just standing there litting a camp fire.

You could use it on prediction against Astaroth A+B or Nightmare 22AA for example.
It also get clean hits for like 100 damage lol.

Yea, I actually like 1B+K as well, for the reasons you just stated.

It's saved me from Ivy's and Tira's 6A+B unblockables when my back was to a wall, (blows Tira up in the process)

I'll sometimes catch people with it who use slow horizontals as well, usually at the start of a match. It also has a weird hit box, as I've caught people trying to step it quite a few times if they don't step right away. There's also the chance of someone mistiming their jumps and landing right into it.

1B+K also does full damage against grounded opponents (80 in one hit, as opposed to the 60, 20 against launched standing opponents), as well as causing a ground stun. You can wake up with WR B if they try to be cute and stay grounded, which will hit grounded for 22 damage.

You can also use 1B+K to troll opponents who like to JG everything if they don't know that it's a low.

Also, 1B+K can hit Yoshimitsu out of his super.

the only way to cancel 1b+k that i know of is with G but I saw some kid canceling it in a way where Aeon rolls forward but dosen't actually hit anything. how do you do that?

That's... really logical, lol. I'll try it at home when I can, it just seemed to fast, and I actually thought I saw some of the dissipating flame animation follow him. I never got to ask him and he's never been back to a ranbat.

Yea cancelling it with G then rolling forward makes him look like he is still doing the attack and the flame trail will follow you briefly.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I apologize if it is and I missed it.

After 1B BE, if you use 1B+K (Unblockable roll), it will have a 100% chance of connecting if the opponent does not ukemi. They won't be able to stand up fast enough to jump it, and if they roll to the sides, you'll roll over them. The only exception I found is Voldo, who seems to back roll just far enough to escape it. (There may be other exceptions, I haven't tested thoroughly.)

1B BE has a lot of tech traps (1A, 66B, 33K, 66A) to discourage people from teching so you can set this up.

If there's another way to evade 1B+K after 1B BE, neither I nor anyone I've fought has been able to find it.

Do you hit-confirm 44B,A,A in combos? When two last hits whiff, Aeon can be punished badly so it's important to know when the combo whiffs and when it doesn't. What I've come up with is performing 44B,A and adding the second A when Aeon turns properly after 44B.

Do you hit-confirm 44B,A,A in combos? When two last hits whiff, Aeon can be punished badly so it's important to know when the combo whiffs and when it doesn't. What I've come up with is performing 44B,A and adding the second A when Aeon turns properly after 44B.
Yeah I have been using that tactic for awhile now.

Man, all he did was play really great. I can't bite that.

Thanks for the link, Bushido.

So did oofmatic/partisan/moneymuffins show up? i'm kind of surprised not see any of them there.

After 1B BE, if you use 1B+K (Unblockable roll), it will have a 100% chance of connecting if the opponent does not ukemi. They won't be able to stand up fast enough to jump it, and if they roll to the sides, you'll roll over them. The only exception I found is Voldo, who seems to back roll just far enough to escape it. (There may be other exceptions, I haven't tested thoroughly.)

I've noticed that its range is a bit wider than it seems.
Quite a few times I've tried it and people have gone "I should block this, oh wait I can't block this, I better sidestep" and still get hit even while quick stepping. (In fact, I do that here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3RFezJSF4Z8#t=134s )

I know the Super Tech Crouch would probably get me under a lot of unblockables, but I haven't quite internalized that yet.
Though I did Sand Roll under Z.W.E.I.'s Critical Edge, that was pretty sweet.

Back