Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

New old find: 44B > slightly delayed FC 8B BE > 2A+B > iFC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > iFC 8B
202 damage, which is more than his current 44B 100% meter BnB. Opponent can attempt a techroll after the first FC 8B BE but it won't be able to escape it unless you mistime the FC 8B BE and they aren't splatted with their head towards you.

I say it's a new old find because I (and some other Algol players, probably) knew about it in 1.02, but 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE was better damage then.

Directly next to the opponent..
44B 4A+B BE 22_88A (hit them towards the remaining bubble) 66B+K = 119 / 0.5 meter
44B 4A+B BE 22_88A (hit them towards the remaining bubble) 2A+B 33_99A.B.K = 136 / 0.5 meter
44B 4A+B BE 22_88A (hit them towards the remaining bubble) FC 8B BE 3B BE A+B.B = 147 / 1.5 meter
44B 4A+B BE 22_88A (hit them towards the remaining bubble) A+B 66A+B 66B BE 4B.A = 168 / 1.0 meter
44B 4A+B BE 22_88A (hit them towards the remaining bubble) A+B 66A+B FC 8B BE (head towards you) 2A+B 66B BE 4B.A = 222 / 1.5 meter
44B 4A+B BE FC 8B 3B BE A+B.B CE 4B.A 41236A+B.B = 163 / 2.0 meter (this one just looks way cool. waste of gauge.)

You can do many more. I'm not good at the iFC 8B so mine are a little limited.

And in case of hit box restrictions, Pyrrha was my practice dummy. :)

im alrready posted a video with a better combo/damage.

and start using FC 8B(BE) because you can do more damage with a combo that not need to stay so close...

44B>66A+B>FC 8B(BE)>3B(BE)>QI A+B B(BE)>FC 8B(BE)>44B damage between 197~214(from clean hits)

this combo is easier and is not restricted from distance.

New old find: 44B > slightly delayed FC 8B BE > 2A+B > iFC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > iFC 8B
202 damage, which is more than his current 44B 100% meter BnB. Opponent can attempt a techroll after the first FC 8B BE but it won't be able to escape it unless you mistime the FC 8B BE and they aren't splatted with their head towards you.

I say it's a new old find because I (and some other Algol players, probably) knew about it in 1.02, but 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE was better damage then.
Hey I was fooling around with this a bit and oddly enough if they're walking forward it seems(I'll try it on other characters than Algol and edit accordingly if it's just him)they land differently and it doesn't work.

The combo sometimes insta-kill near the wall too! :D (with some slight modifications)

44B, slight delay FC 8B BE, 2A+B, iFC 8B BE, 3B BE~QI B*, 3B BE~QI A+B.B, iFC 8B** (237-246 dmg)

*Must have a wall to prevent Algol from jumping over
**The bubble must bounce the opponent high enough

Tested on Pyrhha

I was screwing around in training mode and found an even more damaging combo for 100% meter

New combo: Note that the combo requires mastery of the iFC 8B BE buffer to do this combo (I'm starting to get this combo down consistently)

44B > slight delay FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 66B BE > iFC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+B B

This combo does 220 damage with two possible clean hits stretching the number to 100% (based off testing), although sometimes you lose damage for unknown reasons. This was tested with every possible ukemi setting, air-control, and was tested against Pyrrha.

The damages found were: 220 or 204 (no clean hits), 235 (clean hit on first FC 8B BE), 227 (clean hit on second iFC 8B BE), and 235 and 242 (for both clean hits on all FC 8B BEs)

These numbers are from about 1 hour of constant testing.

EDIT: I'll try to get some sort of video of this combo, or else can someone do it for me?

Off a successful GI (and with full meter)

You can basically do the combo in my previous post for 212 damage (with two clean hits, OMIT the 3B BE ender, and use 44B instead)

I was screwing around in training mode and found an even more damaging combo for 100% meter

New combo: Note that the combo requires mastery of the iFC 8B BE buffer to do this combo (I'm starting to get this combo down consistently)

44B > slight delay FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 66B BE > iFC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+B B

This combo does 220 damage with two possible clean hits stretching the number to 100% (based off testing), although sometimes you lose damage for unknown reasons. This was tested with every possible ukemi setting, air-control, and was tested against Pyrrha.

The damages found were: 220 or 204 (no clean hits), 235 (clean hit on first FC 8B BE), 227 (clean hit on second iFC 8B BE), and 235 and 242 (for both clean hits on all FC 8B BEs)

These numbers are from about 1 hour of constant testing.

EDIT: I'll try to get some sort of video of this combo, or else can someone do it for me?

66B BE-->iFC 8 B BE, I tried many times can't connect this part~Is there any tricks?

As soon as you hit the bubble (2A+B), you input the 66B BE and hold 2 immediately after, the command goes something like this.

44B > Slight Delay FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 66B BE 2(hold) > 8B BE

you keep holding down the 2 while 66B BE is hitting, you look at the opponent's height, and as they are near the halfway point (distance-wise) from the Chair hitting them and the floor, you then do 8B BE and it should land.

Note that trying to practice 8B BE after a raw 66B BE is kinda hard... Meanwhile doing 66B BE AFTER A MOVE makes the hold time much easier to land the 8B BE.

Hope this helps!

One thing that some of you may have already found through practicing the buffer from 66B BE to iFC 8B BE:

The general rule is to buffer and hold 2 as soon as possible, meaning pressing 2 immediately after the input. The problem is that if you try to buffer it too fast, you wind up getting a 3B BE instead, causing the combo to end. Just practice the commands until it becomes second nature.

I'm now able to successfully land my combo ONLINE. It was so amazing after a guard burst, but the opponent RAGED as soon as I was doing the hardest part of the combo, but nonetheless it was amazing!

Wow, Algol's wall combos are really undeveloped, as in not many people have bothered to improve upon what we already have.

4K,K> W!>4K,K>W!>4BA>QI A+B 112 DAM

WR B(short distance from wall)>44B>A+B>44B>66B+K 101 DAM

I really haven't put much time into learning wall combos, mainly because I almost never have my opponent near the wall because they're scared shitless by my WALL-LESS combo damage.

I'll probably hit the lab to see what simple, and damaging wall combos I can find (minus those already there).

F.Swine, you mixed up the command on the combo, it's 6KK, not 4KK (that's NM).

One thing to note is that if you get a CH 6BBB (which is rare) and the opponent is near the wall/ring out edge, you will almost always recover fast enough to hit them with 6KK as the bubble hit's them for a 5 hit combo into either Wall Combo or Ring Out. (I found out on accident playing a friend two days ago, just forgot to post info, be it new or old)

After about 2 hours in training mode, (I can't test stuff properly, I cut myself in my thumb on accident, so I just tried simple stuff) I realized that there really isn't much wall combo variety for short characters like Pyrrha. 4BA and such will constantly whiff by either not hitting her or attacks in the opposite direction.

Some easy meter-less stuff are:

WR B W! > delay 6BBB > 6KK W! > 6KK (110-ish damage) : This combo essentially hits all characters, but should note that they have to be at around 1-2 steps away from the wall, otherwise 6BBB whiffs.

3B W! > 1B >2A+B > FC 8B (I'm getting 80 damage, but I tried against myself and get 70, weird.)

WR B W! > 44B > 66B+K (115): The number may be mixed up, but I'll correct it. The same rules apply here, you need to wall splat them with a high vertical distance so they launched, otherwise the combo ends at 44B.

This is the only useful stuff I found in training mode, until my thumb is better, I'll just see if anyone else posts stuff for wall combos (with METER, and some METER-LESS)

Regarding 66B BE -> FC 8B BE.​
Just do 66B(2)A+B+K and then immediately 8B BE when the chair hits. You should be fine.​

And yes the whole 44B, FC 8B BE, 2A+B, 66B(2)A+B+K, FC 8B BE, 3B BE, QI A+B,B combo does 239-240 when both FC 8B BEs Clean Hit.

Guaranteed off a guard crush when you crush with certain moves.

Lousily made video for you! There's a literal 1 minute of failure in the video.. check the description for timestamp.

The reason PS nerfed Algol's 66A+B launch height is probably because the CPU did the 100% combo.

If the 66A+B would have been able to connect like in version 1.02, you can kill the opponent with 150% meter with both iFC 8B BE's having to clean hit doing the same combo but ending with 44B instead of doing 3B BE > QI A+B B

Lousily made video for you! There's a literal 1 minute of failure in the video.. check the description for timestamp.​
lol ditto on the growl. I'm not nearly consistent enough with that to use in a real match. At least not yet.​

I've currently only landed the combo only twice in an actual match online, problem was, was that the moment my combo was about to finish, the opponent Rage Quit. If I get it in a match that actually finishes online, I'll post the match for everyone to see.

Back