Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I've got a match with it up if you guys really want it. It wasn't the greatest match but the final combo made it worth putting up. ---edit---
I'm know I made a good deal of mistakes or didn't do the best punishes I could've for some whiffs. I'm painfully aware that Q-Flip A+BB 2nd round would've gotten me eaten up offline.

Congrats on landing the combo online! Sucks that you did not get a clean hit; with one, you could have easily finished him off, but nonetheless, it looks damn sexy landing DAT COMBO.

Completely useless juggle combos for kicks 'n' giggles. Set up by having the Reset Position at Wall - Backward. Spam 6B.B.B until you have four bubbles.
6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 44B 214A+B A+B 41236B 3B BE A+B.B BE 66B BE 4B.A - 221 damage.
6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 44B 214A+B A+B 41236B CE full - 227 damage.
6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 6B.B.B 44B 9A+B 3A+B A+B (run forward and wait a bit) 33A.B.K CE full - 229 damage, won't catch a tech.

Fun, fun.

What is the best follow up to level 1 CE? Is it 4BA or can you get something better?

Sorry if it was already discussed and answered.

Near a wall at specific ranges you can also get 6BBB, and if the bubble hits early enough to combo but late enough to keep them in hitstun for a 3B followup you can get a wall combo.

Generally your best bet is 4BA > 623B for meter and damage, or 4BA > 4AB for ringouts.

Near a wall at specific ranges you can also get 6BBB, and if the bubble hits early enough to combo but late enough to keep them in hitstun for a 3B followup you can get a wall combo.

Generally your best bet is 4BA > 623B for meter and damage, or 4BA > 4AB for ringouts.

mmm... i'm pretty sure the 4A,B after 4B,A is AC'able...

mmm... i'm pretty sure the 4A,B after 4B,A is AC'able...
Good call, can be ACed to his left. I just assumed it wasn't ACable because A+B in SCIV disabled air control. Oops.

I'll file this under gimmicks for use against people who don't know the matchup.

Good call, can be ACed to his left. I just assumed it wasn't ACable because A+B in SCIV disabled air control. Oops.

I'll file this under gimmicks for use against people who don't know the matchup.

People might not AC left if there is a wall or a gap for a RO there.

Some tips about 44B -> iFC 8B BE -> 2A+B. You can input: 44B -> hold 2G -> after you see Algol ducking animation instantly input 8B BE. As for me it is the easiest way to time FC 8B BE right.
Ah... and some sort of gimmick-combo: 44B -> FC 8B BE -> 2A+B -> 66B+K (134, 142 dmg and 25% meter, also setup "chair vortex"). 66B+K can be escaped by ukemi fater FC 8B BE. Good against people who doesnt know matchup well.

Algol juggles are so much fun!

Tippy tip range 6B.B.B (no bubble hit) 44B 66A+B 3B BE A+B.B BE 2A+B A+B 41236B 3B BE A+B BE 66B = 222 / 2.0 meter. c:
Tippy tip range 6B.B.B (no bubble hit) 44B 66A+B 3B BE A+B.B BE 2A+B A+B dash forward 66A+B 3B BE B 3B BE A+B.B = 240 / 2.0 meter. c:

How are all of you getting 66B+K to hit after a FDFA 2A+B? O_0 It's too sick looking not to learn but I can't seem to get it.

---edit--- to add something to the discussion: After a bit of testing it seems like 44B, 33ABK is range/character dependent. On Pyrrha 33A won't connect upclose but a bit away it works fine. Against Pat it works from anywhere.

More importantly, well I guess important isn't the right word but regardless: I found out a use for b8. Online I got tired of Yoshimitsu doing his 2B+K stance's aGI and me just having to gamble with a jG attempt. On reaction as he comes down you can do
b8, 66B+K
You can get more b8's in there; I've gotten a total of 4 with an inconsistent 66A tacked on the end.

b8, b8, 66B+K seems fairly consistent vs all air-control but back-right. The hitbox for b8 is surprisingly big so it isn't too difficult. Once you have it down you have the satisfaction of defending yourself from yoshimitsu's aGI Unblockable with a motion between a bro-nod and a sassy hair flip. Video below.

Alright, I just tested something out and found out that you can do iFC 8B after CE1. This is by far the best option to use for recovery.

The best 3 combos you can do from CE1 are
CE1>4BA>QI A+B 68 DAM, worst recovery, least meter gain
CE1>4BA>623B 63 DAM Slightly better recovery, Good meter gain
CE1> iFC 8B>3B 66(77 Clean) DAM Best recovery, small meter gain

Tech traps/dependant
CE1> iFC 8B>44B 74(84 Clean)DAM on No tech. Whiffs on side techs, re-launches on Front and back techs
CE1> iFC 8B>3AA 92(102 Clean)DAM on Front or left tech. Whiffs on no tech or back and right techs. Catches all techs near wall.

Back