All Purpose Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, it is like I mean if you don't conect to you char you can't understand, now don't come with they don't exist...s***** can't bring myself to say, so stuff will do, so no one of fictional does, but yet you can get fond of them
I won't take it that far. I have characters I like and those I main along with others I hate but this "we are one" "heart of the controller" nonsense is why Hardcore players hold their prejudice so high. Its creepy and meaningless.

If that was true then there would be no such thing as winners and losers. No difference between low/mid/high level play. That statement makes no sense.
I didn't mean it like that. I mean people that play the game to compete aren't playing the game any better than people that just play for character creation (or other single player things.) Nobody here has the right to dictate how Soul Calibur was intended to be played. You might be more skilled than your average casual gameplay-wise, of course, but that doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

I won't take it that far. I have characters I like and those I main along with others I hate but this "we are one" "heart of the controller" nonsense is why Hardcore players hold their prejudice so high. Its creepy and meaningless.
Can you explain what you mean by those quotes you said? "Heart of the controller" "We are one"? Wtf...
It does when we're talking about balance and things that actually matter. I couldn't care less about the story. Arcade endings don't keep me interested, good gameplay does.

Yah, this way, you see I like my chars but they are only chars.....
Can you explain what you mean by those quotes you said? "Heart of the controller" "We are one"? Wtf...

It does when we're talking about balance and things that actually matter. I couldn't care less about the story. Arcade endings don't keep me interested, good gameplay does.
Remenber Lang?? This way

I was thinking more of people who take things like that Cassandra guy a few threads back but generally people getting a tad too worked up with the character abduction conspiracy SCV created.

Thats programming dependant on the makers of the game, you cant have a preference on technical issuses. Fun Fact.

I never knew that, thanks for pointing it out! Next time a game crashes I'll make sure not to develop an opinion on it. If developers ignore an infinite combo I'll make sure not form an opinion on that regardless of whatever CURRENT CONSISTENCIES ARE APPARENT OR DISCOVERABLE ABOUT IT.

Clearly, everybody who said the developers didn't intend step-G to remain in SC5 were going beyond themselves despite it being removed in a subsequent patch!

I agree totally that people that haven't studied in depth about gameplay don't have the right to complain about balance at all. They literally don't know enough about what they're talking about to comment on it. And while things like story don't matter to you (or other players that don't care about story and such) it matters to someone. Who's opinion is just as valid as yours.

exactly your argument is invalid cause you are criticizing the game as a whole but your whining is about SP mode therefore casuals... a tournament player wouldn't give a flying fuck about SP mode cause we care about a balance, deep gameplay.
I don't care what part of the game you choose to be ignorant towards, it doesnt make anyone any less of a fan if they want to actually enjoy the game as a game. The companies need to market the series in some way to get people into the series or why waste time on the mithos? The mithos and characters is the personality that gives the franchise an image, memorability and public-awareness. The only way to do that is appealing to the casuals and like it or not, a majority of gamers who haven't grown up on soul edge ARE going to be casuals when they start playing it. You cant bring in new players with "perfect gameplay" but you keep these fans by having it. It shouldnt be an argument, both aspects are important to make the franchise work. How many times are we going to argue this over and over?

What the fuck are you even trying to say? "everyone who wasn't included was empty"? What the fuck?

lol, I'm glad somebody for once points out the inarticulation and seeming illiteracy of some of the posters on here. I guess it's excusable if you're 11 or if English isn't your first language, but otherwise some of you seriously need to work on your communication skills.

OMFG T-T these casuals, srsly kids in a fighting game the story mode is like a bonus is nice to have one but is not what defines the game.

269CASUAL.png

I implied that they go back to the original gameplay when I said they might as well remake SC4. It atleast was far better design wise and actually had a noticable plot involving all the characters at some point where as all the games before it just had the characters all fight the same boss but then act as if nothing happened. Please cut the "blame the casuals" card, that shit's getting old. We're all on the same side in the end. I just want a complete game meaning a solid Single player as well since that IS what the game is on the most basic level of designwhen taking away the fluff which online is.
The time I do agree with you.

Since this is mainly supposed to be ideas involving an expansion, I've already said my suggestions (expansion of the story mode including Asian group and those not included, An extra mode or two, balancing the gameplay, a few additions of moves for characters).

Changing the engine is a rather redundant argument for an expansion. Improving the current engine, maybe. Might take more time to develop, but still.

Since this is mainly supposed to be ideas involving an expansion, I've already said my suggestions (expansion of the story mode including Asian group and those not included, An extra mode or two, balancing the gameplay, a few additions of moves for characters).

Changing the engine is a rather redundant argument for an expansion. Improving the current engine, maybe. Might take more time to develop, but still.
I believe this thread meant to be suggestions on what would benifit the community if project soul did rerelease SC5 catering to the issues and fixing up the game as a whole. It would be the best move before they jump into SC6 knowing that SC5 was so heavily panned. This thread was supposed to suggest what they should do to complete the game but someone somewhere always has to turn this into an argument over who should get the final say.. even though both sides of the game are heavily flawed. Unfit for casuals mainly and unapproved by gameplay junkies

How you want it, not people, is your opinion not everyone's opinion...SC4 engine was the worst by far and SC3 had too many glitches if you knew even a little about SC you will be requesting SC2 engine. Casuals...
Oh my god. You sure are a sassy bitch. Do you not realize that Soul Calibur could not exist without the casuals as well as the competitive players? I am a casual player and I absolutely adore Soul Calibur. I will buy every game ever made of Soul Calibur, even if the only characters are 236236 sword and shield users and their voices are all "young girl" set on +50 pitch. A fighting game may be for competition, but that does not mean a player that isn't particularly good can't have fun. Gimmick characters and fun styles is one of the best parts of a fighting game because players who aren't competitive tightwads can enjoy the game too. The casual classification DOES NOT MEAN we are whiny bitches that want nothing but fanservice, it just means we don't take it AS seriously to the point where we research the system as extensive as that of a competitive player. I know that this is a late reply but I just got to my computer and I saw this on my notification. A casual player is absolutely not the term used for a whiny player, that's what we call "Ignorant bitches with no respect for a games trial-and-error method for creating a great game." Stereotypes are just another thing I hate about forums and internet socializing.

Why can't a Fighting Game have fantastic balanced gameplay and good story/good single player modes? Not only tournament players play this game. Who are you to say that gameplay is the only thing that matters? If only people that cared exclusively about gameplay bought this game it probably wouldn't sell very well. This casual vs tournament player mentality is stupid. Nobody is playing the game any better than anyone else. Just differently.

Frankly a lot of people just don't care what we casuals think and if they made the next SC without any story at all and only ten of the best balanced characters ever, they'd be overjoyed. They play the game their way and can only see their way as right. And more than a few of us Casuals do the same thing. I've done it myself without thinking a few times.

They don't really seem to be able to grasp that catering only to the hardcore players would be just as stupid as catering only to us. Namco is a business, first and foremost, and they must try to cater to as wide a base as they can because otherwise the game wouldn't sell. As much as I want them to include every single character, if they did it and royally screwed up the balance, the hardcores would ditch the game and they'd lose sales. If they tossed out even more characters and lost the CAS and story, even if it was the best made fighter in the world, they'd never see my money as they would have lost what makes the game special to me, namely CAS.

As for a Super SCV: Would I like to see more story? Absolutely, but I'd like to see at minimum characters without an analog (Zasalamel, Talim, Yun Seung, etc.) restored, even if only as a CAS style. Realistically, there probably won't be a Super, and if there is, its going to be "casual" oriented. Additional story, hopefully more styles and more extras and CAS equipment. I say this because the rest; gameplay, balance adjustments and such could be done with a patch more easily than a new game.

What we should be doing instead of saying "what do I want" is "What will earn Namco the most money so they see our beloved series as viable to invest the time and resources needed to make it really special again"

What we should be doing instead of saying "what do I want" is "What will earn Namco the most money so they see our beloved series as viable to invest the time and resources needed to make it really special again"

Good question. My immediate thought was demote daishi....

Apart from that... I have nothing.

I personally like the brave edge system a whole lot and want Daishi to stay. The main complaint the game gets is for the story mode and fan favorites missing. I personally love the brave and critical edge system. Daishi had good ideas, just time constraints because of Namco's bitchin' made it poorly executed.

I really don't think he's entirely to blame. I believe that he does actually care; he's working the tourney scene hard and I think its because he knows that is how to bolster the popularity of a fighting game in Japan, which is where Namco will look first for progress. I think he got shafted by upper management and just not given the time to do things right. That's just my take on it anyway.

My opinion on what they should do.. put back the missing characters that don't have analogs, as I said. They probably shouldn't change story mode but they should finish it at least, incorperating what they had and the info from the Japanese SCV artbook, if not as arcade endings then perhaps in a museum mode where you could look it up. Include all the 1p/2p equipment that they didn't finish releasing, and re-open the Cepheus store with more stuff down the line. And they should examine all the info they've gathered through all the tourney's theyve done so far and consult with top name players to balance the hell out of the new and existing characters. The Super version should also come as a standalone release as well as a reduced price DLC upgrade for those of us who bought the game already.

I think that scenario would quiet just about all the complaints. It wont satisfy everyone, obviously, but short of a whole new game that's really about the best we could expect from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back