Animal Kingdom - Time to use parts you never use !

Chobek, I like your blackbird a lot, but...the conformation looks more like a secretary bird more than a crow. May I suggest you add a crest and lighten the coloration up top?

lol so many things to comment on while i am away fo the week end.

i am on a tablet so ill make it short.

first i am glad to see everyone posting new and cool stuffaz

gatsu tiger demon is nice but lacks a gimmick to make it truly unique...i love the griffin though with ingenious yet discreet use of the special item...awesome, as is chobeks crow.
i dont get all the strange replies though...berserk, cock hohum...

also thanks to gatsu for the extensive review on the hyena...yeah the bone sticker was a bit of a bold move...you just need to understand i have done hundreds of very realistic coherent CAS so right now i am trying to explore the outer rim of CAS making by mixing bizarre with gnarly, cartoon with realistic etc. for hyena, i went for the whacky over ze top hyenas starring in lion king...i should probably repost all my other animal head CAS for reference...the dragon god is probably more coherent for you then...i really liked your comments it is the kind of artistic debate i love to have here...

OK, in order to give peeps a bit more creative space, and appeal to those who hate working animal heads, let us extend the rules to :

1/YOU CAN EITHER USE AN ANIMAL HEAD TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT (rememeber you can use the animal head to do things not animal, i have not seen much of those yet)

OR (the opposite, more or less)

2/USE WHATEVER HEADGEAR+SPECIAL ITEM BUILD TO CREATE ANY CAS THAT EVOKES AN ANIMAL.

I will try to upload my collection later on as promised, to show you some examples of both creative options...right now, well, stuck on a tablet, so it is a no show ;o)

TENGU
tengub.png

MINOTAUR
minosm.png

TENGU

MINOTAUR

Absolutely spot-on gatsu, guys those are two examples of the two options i am talking about :

that great Karasu-Tengu looks like a crow yet isn't using any animal head...i like the subtle patterns, the beak and yellow eyes, and dark blueish hue.

The choice of the hat is spot-on (btw that reminds me i never used that one ;o), and of course white fur vest is a nice complement to mimmick the crow's plastron.

The and the gimmick with the two scrolls around the neck is what makes it unique.

The thigh sticker could seem a bit off at first, but i actually like it because you managed to place it without visible distortion, which is commendable.

Now about the minotaur, it is funny because i also recently made one that is to some extent very similar to yours, but with slightly different chara design choices for colors and special items and a gimmick i hope you'll find interesting Gatsu...

About this one, i really love the color scheme, the ominent nose ring, i am not sure where you used the other two items, but i guess you used them to add fur and and the leathery part of the head, which works like a charm.
This minotaur's ominous stature is well complemented by the body proportions, light armor and huge weapon.

The only thing i'd suggest is to make the chest hair match the fur, meaning black on dark brown ain't visible enough...you can see that on some of the stuff i am going to post...

keep on sharing dude !

now, that was a proper review, now i am back on desktop PC ;o)

Now this might look like old stuff recycling to you, but i am doing this for newcomers and Gatsu, because those are CAS i had a lot of fun creating (sorry if not all the shots are full body shots but some things are obvious like minotaur getting the hooves etc.) :

Section 1 : True Animal heads

MINOS, KING OF MINOTAURS
cafdfzugvl0mhvrvm.jpg

ccgcgy0gt7ehvgcr4.bmp

KHAJIITS (Skyrim) :

Elder
ccgcibqwjp20ll66o.jpg

Long-Ears:

ccgclhim5poni2ljk.jpg

ccgcipiefiueeajkg.jpg

DRAKE LORD :
ccgcj1f3vu9krayds.jpg

Dragon GOD (Elysium version) :
ccgckg9i5zyl2gya8.jpg

ccgcmgkbaef49jno0.jpg

Dragon Natsu :
ccgcku2iyly4wevm8.jpg

HORUS god of the Sun :
ccgcl65qdblak7vkg.jpg

SECTION 2 (EVOKING ANIMALS) :

Teeria (Medusa) :
ccgclt9kdy0m38o7k.jpg

Rock 2.0 :

ccgcvg6q3869y06mo.jpg

ccgcm4mlygg20k6ts.jpg

Section 2 continued : Extended rules (Evoking Animals)

ORC (boar) :
ccgcoe91o980jqmj4.jpg

King Kong and Ali and C-Ape-Tain (Silverback gorillas) :

ccgconplsagb451n4.jpg

ccgcpqfry3ixm5cb4.jpg

ccgcpbnrut689o80g.jpg

XENOMORPHS and PREDATORS (alien animal species ;o) - i could have put the alien hooker and pimp here, but they feel a little bit too human looking to me (to give you an idea of what is on and off topic)

ccgcq11qhgpalsrkg.jpg

ccgcs0jfq4gmejbm8.jpg

ccgcr7rl4zf0uo0pc.jpg

ccgcrpfvlr7jacnf4.jpg

INSECT SQUAD :

ccgct66r3fa8x0k9c.jpg

ccgcth0m5mxylqu1c.jpg

ccgq9eyihp14h5otl.jpg

ccgcu540dxcbu11g0.jpg

ccgcud7fulskyah74.jpg

ccgcumg8dh3sw5u34.jpg

ccgcuu5gkuqizwads.jpg

to be continued in next post...

The only thing i'd suggest is to make the chest hair match the fur, meaning black on dark brown ain't visible enough...you can see that on some of the stuff i am going to post...

At begin it was so, but being very monocromatic the body fur don't reached the right colour and the more it get light the more it ruin the muscle figure, wich for a design like that is kind of self-killing
The beast fur is anyway bi-color (example legs are covered with dark brown), so i kept it dark brown... still visible and increase contrast on muscle

Of your last wave probably best are the two predators, the first gorilla and seadog

All right, i see your point about the minotaur

Of your last wave probably best are the two predators, the first gorilla and seadog

Thanks, glad you liked seadog which is made of lots of bits and pieces.

You say those 4 are the best yet you don't express much of your own feelings about how you received them...meaning of all the CAS posted in this last wave, which one did raise an eyebrow, impress you, create some "wtf/how did he do that moment", some emotion.
It could be the best 4 out of a shitpile and i wouldn't be any wiser with your comment ;o)

Again, i got my share of positive comments on this bunch, but from you i would be interested to know a bit more like...

...why you picked those ones as the best IYO, what do you like, dislike in those 4 and the others...a little more details, if you think they are worth dissecting (figuratively, not talking about the insects in particular hehe ;o)

no hard feelings if you don't, k

@Vilarcane: sorry dude i don't do ever reviews,my post tend to be very short or very long :D

@Quinion: i like the white-azure of feathers, is more "fresh" than the classic white-gray

@Vilarcane: sorry dude i don't do ever reviews,my post tend to be very short or very long :D

@Quinion: i like the white-azure of feathers, is more "fresh" than the classic white-gray

@Gatsu : no problem, you don't need to say i struck you silly with sum, now i know you just won't admit it.. (just teasing you dude :o)...

@Quinion : i remember that one, the talons are a work of art (reminds me i have to post Le Bello's Olcadan here for the talons) and the head and light feathery female design is whimsical enough and somehow very sexy

See i can do that too (short) ;o)

Nice use of the demon horns.

Which pauldrons and fauld did you use? I don't think I have those. Are they xbox only, or some special edition of the game? Or am I just blind?

GEF

PS: Is Pacman an animal?

That is so cute Gef, the pattern and sticker work and color scheme is sheer brilliance...yes, of course, try googling "pacman animal" and click on images to see the real life version...you can post it here if you want, me too lazy ;o)
Now we gonna have Gatsu pacbot storming in any time soon lol

Back