Arcade Stick advice on certain notations and moves

franman

[13] Hero
Hello I've just got my first arcade stick the HRAP 3 SA and would like to gain some advice from all you experienced arcade users out there.

The objective of this thread is to help Cervy players who have troubles executing certain moves on an arcade stick.

So any Cervy players who have troubles executing certain moves plz post and hopefully some of you veteran arcade users will help.

I will begin with 2 questions

-How do you execute Cervy's iTP on both the 1P and 2P side?

-How do you perform Cervy's FC A+B BBB GC?

for the GB bind 2 buttons to B then piano it meaning click both of them how you would shoot a paint ball gun.

for the GB bind 2 buttons to B then piano it meaning click both of them how you would shoot a paint ball gun.
for the 2 buttons do you move your other hand away from the stick and use the finger to tap on that button while the other finger from your other hand taps on the other button?

Thats what i did with when I attempted Cervy. I have my 8 button set up as:

A : B : K : A+B+K+G
G : B+K : A+K : A+B+K

So I do FC A+B and quickly use both hands to hammer up and down on my B and B+K buttons. Works, but it's a workout. Real Cervy players might have better inputs, but that was my solution in practice mode. It's still hard, you need to be fast.

I have an extra B mapped below the regular B setup, and alternate with finger and thumb for FCA+B:mash. But my success rate varies from session to session, and I barely play anymore. Other people use both hands, I couldn't get this to work for me reliably but it works for them. You could also try just pianoing the single B button without any extra binds, Japanese players use this often for mash inputs in SF games. They have tiny little asian fingers though, this never worked reliably for me and my manhands, haha.

As for the iTP, I don't know what else to say except do it as fast as possible. I get this more reliably than iGDR, and I may be the only Cervy in that situation lol. So I really can't say.

I've got another slight problem. Every time I tap 11 with an arcade stick Cervy sometimes goes into DC. Have any of you guyz experience this? Any solution?

Also for this game in particular especially those using Cervy, do many of you prefer using an octagonal gate or a square gate?

lol franman, i end up in DC so often wheni do 11B... :P

I stopped playing Cervantes with Stick, my execution on pad is pretty good. Dont want to learn every move agaon on stick....

lol franman, i end up in DC so often wheni do 11B... :P

I stopped playing Cervantes with Stick, my execution on pad is pretty good. Dont want to learn every move again on stick....
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Ya honestly I still think the pad is better but just that I can't really do FC A+B BBB GC due to the way I've set up my buttons and not looking forward to changing them.

Now I can only hope that the next SC iteration enables the right analogue stick as an attack button as they did in previous versions of SC. That way I can do FC A+B GC.

But itz not as if I'm gonna totally give up on the stick, I still have other uses for it on other fighting games.

so do you play your other characters on stick doc ?
when we played I remember you only used XBOX360 analog pad.

No i play all chars on the analog stick on my pad, but i use my Stick for Tekken 6 right now :P

My left hand is just crippled, i cant do 236 from 1P side, its a pity :P

I've got another slight problem. Every time I tap 11 with an arcade stick Cervy sometimes goes into DC. Have any of you guyz experience this? Any solution?

Also for this game in particular especially those using Cervy, do many of you prefer using an octagonal gate or a square gate?

That'll work itself out with more practice. You're probably too loose with your diagonal inputs, if you let it slide at all it might hit the extra directions and go into DC. In this case, you probably want to be using square gate so you can hit that 1 corner solid, and not bounce around too much.

Only problem I've recently that was similar was doing 88A (not 22A just the up one) and getting 77A instead. But again I barely play anymore, the solution to that is just practice.

i agree i just dont understand how some people can play better on a stick than a controller, i mean pac-man YEH IL USE A STICK, multi-million dollar franchise fighting game? Naaaaa seems like it'd b hard to move around honestly

i agree i just dont understand how some people can play better on a stick than a controller, i mean pac-man yeh il use a stick, multi-million dollar franchise fighting game? Naaaaa seems like it'd b hard to move around honestly

how can u use controller

I'm completely useless on one of these tiny controllers.

Playing on a controller feels to me like I'm a crippled guy hanging on a minute thing with my hands nearly joined together, using only my thumbs to do sometimes complex stuff, while I actually fully featured hands, 5 fingers each, with mobile wrists, and all that kind of stuff.

Different perspective don't you think ?

I use Madcatz SE with Sanwa parts. Just perfect !

WELLL........that does it. Juno just gave me another mission........hunt down every STEEK user. nothing personal ppl but i hav to. knowing someone uses a stick to play is like being right handed meeting a lefty the first time in ur life. it comes across as a lil awkward, but dont think of this as genocide......i just dont care about your situation +)=)ll(=(+
+)=)ll(=(+
+)=)ll(=(+

Back