Are you afraid of the law?

I took another speeding ticket to court (yeh, I need to invest in a radar detector).

I failed to appear at the first hearing.

The judge asked me why I didn't show up for my first hearing.

I told him "I was playing Soul Calibur 4 on my Xbox 360".

He said, "Excuse me, you were doing what?"

I said, "pwnin nubz"

True story.

Judge was pissy during the entire deal.

I owe my muncipal court $149 now.

What makes this even better?

They asked if I could pay now. I took the cash out of my wallet, put it back, and said; "no, you'll have to send me an invoice".

I have now made a mortal enemy out of one Judge Jim Lane.
Full Speed Aerial Kick son!

You know, in a way I can understand a judge after years on the job developing a sort of cynicism but, yes, this generally leads to them being douchebags.

Earlier this year I had to go to court for a speeding ticket ( wasn't fighting it but I was going more than 30 mph over the speed limit which mandated a court appearance).

I was going that fast but it was just a case of really poor timing.

I was driving cars to dealers as part of my job and I was following a coworker to this place in Jersey I'd never been too. He'd left his phone back at the shop so I couldn't call him and suddenly we're on this road with a 45 mph speed limit and he just zooms off ahead of me at 80 or 90 mph and I was losing him.

It was kind of an asshole move because if he lost me I'd have no way to contact him and I'd be totally freaking lost.

So I speed up to 75 or so to close the distance. Somehow the cop who was parked to catch speeders didn't notice my coworker in front of me going 90 but did see me going 75 (76 apparently, according to the ticket).

I was only speeding for 10, *maaaaybe* 15 seconds but there's no way he could have known that so I don't blame the cop.

Anyhow I show up at court and before you go before the judge you talk to some attorney or somesuch and see if you can make a deal. She understood how shitty the situation was and reduced the charge to "Going 5MPH or less over the speed limit" reducing what would have been a 450 dollar ticket and 4 points on my liscence to 200 dollars and no points.

I go before the judge, explain my story to him, and then in this snarky, holier than thou voice he says "Hmmph. Well it seems like the attorney bought your story, at least. Lucky you."

Total asshole.

I was following a coworker to this place in Jersey I'd never been too. He'd left his phone back at the shop so I couldn't call him and suddenly we're on this road with a 45 mph speed limit and he just zooms off ahead of me at 80 or 90 mph and I was losing him.

It was kind of an asshole move because if he lost me I'd have no way to contact him and I'd be totally freaking lost.

That sucks but eventually I'm sure you made it to the house just as Costanza was was finishing his game of trivial pursuit with the Bubble boy. And it's Moops, not Moores.

Sporko said:
I go before the judge, explain my story to him, and then in this snarky, holier than thou voice he says "Hmmph. Well it seems like the attorney bought your story, at least. Lucky you."

I'll say it again, 75% of cops are fat loser dicks who skim off the top and were beat up in high school.

My brother is a dealer, so yes I am a bit paranoid but nothing too serious, I don't jump every time there is a knock at the door or anything.

This thread has so much awesome in it I'm at a loss for words.

And to answer your question: No, but damn if they don't piss me off

Back