Astaroth Videos Thread

Yeah yeah, 2 A/B+G whiffs after CH 4B when it shouldn't, I know about things like that.
I get more chances to work on that combo.
I think it's supposed to go CH 6B 22_88 K 22_88bA+B+K A+G W! 3KA W! 22_88bA+B+K A+G
Perhaps I need to be in the corner.

CH 4B would have to be +13 on hit to give a free crouch throw attempt. It's only +6, which is why the opponent can stand up out of the crouch throw attempt.

I have a habit of bumping somewhat old posts, so why stop now? This was a match between me and JerichoxWar, needless to say, there's some bad blood at the time. You'll notice the 1k spam at the end of round 3. This vid was actually saved a long time ago, if you'll notice that I'm A3 at the time, so yes, I understand that my Astaroth is hardly refined yet. Still, thought it was funny how this match ended.
Edit: Yes I know, toaster camera or w/e, don't have money for a capture card yet. The SIII's camera isn't THAT bad though :3

Yeah, JerichoxWar is simply just like that. Dude tends to be arrogant with most people.

Last time I played him he ended up blocking me because I kept joining lobbies were he was in. He is decent but as soon as you dominate him, he will start insults everywhere. I remember him making fun of my English and being racist about it. But I guess that's typical of people like him.

On topic: You Astaroth wasn't bad at all. Your JF grabs percentage was top notch and you made every wall combo count. The only things I observed were: the lack of 3K[A]'s as he was ducking 3KA, more tip range 44A's, 1AB's present and better wall combos. But as that was an old video. I'm pretty sure you worked on that already. Again, good Astaroth display.

Man that 1K crap was totally unnecessary. Everyone knows that when you win a round with Seig you are supposed to spam 2K, that move is just tailor made for that situation.

The 63214B+G, dash, A+G part works on every character, 100% of the time.
The 28B+G combo ender works on all the characters whose hitbox is not small, if 22b be hits them in the back, behind the right foot.

Yeah, JerichoxWar is simply just like that. Dude tends to be arrogant with most people.

Last time I played him he ended up blocking me because I kept joining lobbies were he was in. He is decent but as soon as you dominate him, he will start insults everywhere. I remember him making fun of my English and being racist about it. But I guess that's typical of people like him.

On topic: You Astaroth wasn't bad at all. Your JF grabs percentage was top notch and you made every wall combo count. The only things I observed were: the lack of 3K[A]'s as he was ducking 3KA, more tip range 44A's, 1AB's present and better wall combos. But as that was an old video. I'm pretty sure you worked on that already. Again, good Astaroth display.
I appreciate the constructive criticism, but you are correct. I have since ironed out some of these issues that you pointed out in this video. As far as JerichoxWar's attitude goes, let the salty be salty :} it's guys like him that make me glad that I'm only as salty as I am, and that I could be way worse haha.

The 63214B+G, dash, A+G part works on every character, 100% of the time.
The 28B+G combo ender works on all the characters whose hitbox is not small, if 22b be hits them in the back, behind the right foot.

I know that 63214 B+G, dash, A+G works. Have been doing that since quite some time, i was talking about the end with the 2/8B+G part. It´s not reliable in many cases due to hitbox-differences like you said. It can even work after bullrush BE,22/88B BE, 2/8B+G, but it´s again really inconsistent sometimes so i don´t use it.

From what I've seen not everybody knows about this combo so I thought it would be useful to share
Nice to know there is a way to get the 28B+G from the off the ground hit, even if it is situational as hell. (wall combo aside obviously) It seems that it only works off of a BB6 crumple stun. AB and 6B don't recover fast enough for the 22K to step around to the side. It also builds a bit more meter that it uses so you should end it with just a hair more than what you started with. Only time it shouldn't work is if you start it when your meter is absolutely empty.

Algo - No
Aeon - No
aPat - Yes
Astaroth - Duh
Cervantes - Yes
Dampierre - No
Edge Master - Depends on who's style he is using. If the style he is using belongs to someone it works on then it should work on him.
Elysium - No
Ezio - No
Ivy - No (suprised me there)
Hilde - No
Kilik - Same as Edge Master
Leixia - No
Maxi - Yes
Mitsurugi - Yes
Natsu - No
Nightmare - Yes
Patroklos - No
Pyrrha - No
Pyhhra O - No
Raphael - No
Siegried - Yes
Tira - No
Viola - No
Voldo - Yes
Xiba - No
Yoshimitsu - Yes
Z.W.E.I. - Yes

Btw-
63214:B+G, 22/88B BE, w!, 3KA, w!, BB6, 22K, 22B BE, 28:B+G - 236

CE, 662/8 B BE, w!, 3KA, w!, BB6, 22K, 22B BE, 28B+G - 241 damage. Make that last one a JF and clean hit and it bumps up to 258 ish.

Well I'm surprised everybody doesnt know this already, proof again that we need to share more.
It works wonder after 6[B+K], 66[K] and 66K be revenge launch too !

The 28B+G ender after the off the ground hit works everytime you are able to land 22b BE on the opponent back, a little on the right side.
You can do that even if the opponent is rolling on the ground, just pay attention to where 22B BE lands.

The characters that won't get grabbed by this are: Natsu, Leixia, Pyrrha, O.Pyrrha, Viola, Elysium.

For some characters you have to be very precise with 22b BE and hit them on the right spot at the right distance (very close) or they won't get grabbed: Hilde, Yoshimitsu, Xiba, Kilik, Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Raphael, Alpha, Z.W.E.I..
Grabbing Patroklos is extremely situational so I suggest to never try it.

The other characters will get grabbed even if you are not precise. Hitting them on the right side of their back with 22B BE is the only needed condition for 28B+G to work.

I know that 63214 B+G, dash, A+G works. Have been doing that since quite some time, i was talking about the end with the 2/8B+G part. It´s not reliable in many cases due to hitbox-differences like you said. It can even work after bullrush BE,22/88B BE, 2/8B+G, but it´s again really inconsistent sometimes so i don´t use it.
to make it consistent, you have to hit people in the feet with 22B BE. to make this easier, you can always do 6632K and then line yourself up with their feet. does a little more than raw 22b BE air throw. revenge rush, 6632K, 22B also does the same damage as PT if you want to save your meter.

on a combo related note: BB6 combos into 6K in stun combos. instead of flinging someone far away with a 22K, 22b finish, you can stay in their face with 6K, 44B. there's a crouch throw tech trap after that as well as better oki. obviously the normal 6K tech traps work, too. just have to watch your bearings since 44B whiffs point blank.

i've been looking for better oki since i saw itabashi zangief ending combos with 9B+K instead of 22B. works on everyone midscreen after 22K so long as you're lined up correctly and works after CE. you get tech throw crouch traps and an unrollable 4{B} (afaik, haven't tested very thoroughly) for just a few damage less than 22B

to make it consistent, you have to hit people in the feet with 22B BE. to make this easier, you can always do 6632K and then line yourself up with their feet. does a little more than raw 22b BE air throw. revenge rush, 6632K, 22B also does the same damage as PT if you want to save your meter.

on a combo related note: BB6 combos into 6K in stun combos. instead of flinging someone far away with a 22K, 22b finish, you can stay in their face with 6K, 44B. there's a crouch throw tech trap after that as well as better oki. obviously the normal 6K tech traps work, too. just have to watch your bearings since 44B whiffs point blank.

i've been looking for better oki since i saw itabashi zangief ending combos with 9B+K instead of 22B. works on everyone midscreen after 22K so long as you're lined up correctly and works after CE. you get tech throw crouch traps and an unrollable 4{B} (afaik, haven't tested very thoroughly) for just a few damage less than 22B

After Cannes i tried to do some 6632K into 22/88B BE combos too but in a real fight it´s really not that easy to do.

BB6 combos into 6K followed by 44B sounds good, but it is not the same damage as BB6,22K, 22B is it?

Have to test those 9B+K combo ender options. Thanks!

Back