Attacks you may not be using enough

I've often found 88_22A BB to be useful at range. It's kind of slow though, what's the frame data? Has anyone else found use for it?

?? it's the same impact speed as 22A, and the last B on block is -21ish (same as VE B:B and prepBBB:B)

Luckily,if the 1st B hits, the 2nd B will CH against steppers..it's a must block situation.

And bubbles, i'm surprised it took so long to appreciate 22.. it was always a solid poke. I used it more than BB pre-patch!

Lol if you mean by throwing out 22B~VE BB even though you knew i'd block n grab ..then yes lol

I got red gauge'd real fast...so I guess that was your plan all along

yeah man

hahahah

now i just use 22B untill i hit then JF

but i still think spamming that unsafe and going for CF was funny and still do it time to time against online scrubs

Hey, so you guys ever finish his "True Master Combo" or do you sacrifice the last couple slivers of health for prep mixups? I'm on the edge right now. I like prep, but the wakes off of prep BBB:B aren't too bad, and prep has been letting me down.

Hudathan, that doesn't reflect every single video I've seen of you. Off Prep A CH's, I usually always see 3B Prep BBB:B, period.

I agree it's smart to mix it up, just use common sense. If you're way ahead, and your opponent doesn't have alot of life left, go for the guaranteed damage. If you're way behind and you know it's not going to KILL your opponent, go for the mixups.

Ruiner

It really depends on your opp. If they are good, or are playing a character with easy ways to help contain prep (cervy, voldo) then damage is generally better (or, of course, if it will make you win). If you are playing against someone who is getting dominated by prep, then use prep. Whatever works.

I generally stick with Prep (though, as I have mentioned before, I probably prep 90% of the time), but that fits my aggressive style better

basically you there are 2 times where it's worth considering to break the master combo.

1)
If you don't do the final JF prepBBB:B.. you lose 7 damage and the knockdown. If you feel that your wakeup game isn't that great, or the opponant has good options off the ground, then you should just stop at prepBBB. You'll notice that the range after last "3B" hits of the prep string hits, they'll be FAR away from you. The distance is huge, such that raph's own BB or even 22B will not hit the opponant if he just stands there.. and range to raph is golden.

The trade off is 7 guaranteed damage and knockdown, VS keeping your opponant standing at long range , and @ -4 frames. If you feel that your wake-up mixups are less rewarding than your standing mixups.. this is something to consider, as -4 means that you can pretty much step the fastest mids, and even TC with 4B.. AND doing 44B would even increase the whiff the distance. The thing is..at the range that prepBBB separates you and your opponant, you need to be aware that you can whiff just as much as them ..but you are more prepared for it.

2)The prep re-entry @ prepB is the 2nd part where it's broken, and this one has been discussed before in much more detail. The mixups from prep are advantageous in terms of frames, ..and you can mix up some VE and SEA/SEB to get some decent soul gauge or just to mix things up.

Hudathan: Uh... Ok.
Beloved: Well if it is going to kill them finishing it goes without saying.
Piggy: Thanks, considering my matchup is sound advice.
Trolt; Hey, that's pretty interesting, I'll try canceling prep sometime.
Bubbles: wazzup

As is I mainly do 1A/1K/66A+B on full combo knockdown and on prep enter I almost always use matrix dance. I dunno. VE has been letting me down so bad and prep K is... Prep K. I think I need to consider my opponent's health/gauge damage, anti prep tools, and general player skill more.

I want this to be clarified as Raphael Players:

OFFLINE: Is prep K and Prep A+B worthless? I could see Prep A+B working when they may Try a GI or something...but is Prep K just too easily seen and dealt with on reaction? Hudathan? Any Competitive playing Raphaels can verify this?

Beloved, the videos of me tend to be either against people who know all my prep tricks or tournament matches where I felt like taking my damage. Like others have mentioned, prep vary in effectiveness depending on the match up or opponent experience so there are also plenty of matches where I mix things up. My raph changes from week to week and I don't always get to have my matches recorded.

I can't use prep K around here at all, ever.

I want this to be clarified as Raphael Players:

OFFLINE: Is prep K and Prep A+B worthless? I could see Prep A+B working when they may Try a GI or something...but is Prep K just too easily seen and dealt with on reaction? Hudathan? Any Competitive playing Raphaels can verify this?

prep A+B is worthless online also

-20=fail

prep K offline yeah it sux

i used to be a fan of it

but when i played offline i figured out it sux

I use prep K if i smell a 2A a coming. Prep A is probably superior, though. I use prep A+B as a gauge finisher, and I guess it could be used for evasive properties.

I use prep K if i smell a 2A a coming. Prep A is probably superior, though. I use prep A+B as a gauge finisher, and I guess it could be used for evasive properties.

they are 2 different moves

for 2 different things

prep A i dont recommend using unless you are in a stun combo

otherwise its awful

Prep K is good for 2A spammers, especially when at disadvantage (blocked Prep B[B}) but sucks all other times...steppable by accident to backthrow / ridiculous damage. Poor risk / reward.

Prep A is good - not great. Trades with a lot of stuff solid. Decent risk / reward.

That's exactly what I expected and DIDN'T want to hear. Thanks Hudathan....bubbles....

Is there any prep transition where if you don't take the prep, you're not COMPLETELY retarded in the negative?

3b without prep is what, -13? 6BB without prep I think is even worse, wtf is that shit? I mean I understand it shouldn't be +0 or + because that's TOO GOOD, but why not -5/-6, something you could WORK WITH? There's too big of a fucking window to ever NOT go into prep off 6BB and for the most part even 3B.

What's this crap I hear about people loving "prep throw"....like where you enter prep, do your little forward dance for almost a whole second, and then throw. Yeah...that'll work...what....1 time? Is anyone actually having success with this?

I'm finding out, LIKE HUDATHAN ALREADY TOLD ME AWHILE AGO, That Raphael's lows, though not as bad as many other characters, HAVE WAY TOO MANY NEGATIVE QUIRKS that are making your only safe options 2K and 1A, which, ofcourse, are all - on hit.

I'm losing faith in Raphael man -_-....I know we all go through the loop of the Raphael doubt, but the BETTER I GET, the more I realize his limitations.....

Back