Attacks you may not be using enough

they are 2 different moves

for 2 different things

prep A i dont recommend using unless you are in a stun combo

otherwise its awful

No he has a point. Depending on your prep entry, to beat a 2A you can TJ with prep K and deal about 40ish damage.... OR you could trade CH with prepA, which you'll recover while they're still stunned and you can beat em for about 55 damage( note you'll have to eat their CH 2A as a trade).

What's this crap I hear about people loving "prep throw"....like where you enter prep, do your little forward dance for almost a whole second, and then throw. Yeah...that'll work...what....1 time? Is anyone actually having success with this?

I do. Especially versus players who think that "you can step all his prep moves." While technically true that you CAN...being able to step prep A, sea B, and throw with the same timing is impossible.

Beloved: Range is your friend. FC3B at tip hit makes me feel so good inside. Plus, it has that followup so it's semi-safe. I generally play at 1A tip range and it works wonders. Is they attack, 44B and a nice little chunk of their health is ripped to shreds. Once I've done that once or twice, they stay still and I can continue attacking.

You're wrong Impending Doom.

we use mind control to prevent the Hilde player from INPUTTING C3A. No "Impact" involved.

Stop talking like you actually KNOW the mental requirements to be successful at this game.

Warble wants to JI everything because he is the greatest SCIV player ever. There is no glory in preventing it, you must JI it. You know nothing of our great Warble and his teachings.

Ontopic: I was watching some Korean games and i saw this dude Min Sup using 6BB a lot. Like, so much. I think he was trying to bait a retaliation for a Prep A. Thoughts?

It's one of Raph's fastest attacks and on block your prep enterance will be stuffed. The 3rd B is unsafe.

He's just using the move safely. I use it the same way.

Now if Nacmo would make the 3rd B stun for a 70dmg~ combo and Prep A track, stun on NH, and stay unsafe... Raph would have a neat mix-up game.

It's a decent punish to anything -13 to -15.... which is to say quite a few moves.

i think you guys are underestimating the +10 going into prep from 6B(B) that gives you time to get into VE / SEA/prep A

NO such thing as underestimating this move - it is fantastic and its entry into prep (along with the ridiculous advantage 3 also gives) is why I started the punishment thread, to help the rest of the world understand that, while Raph's punishment game doesn't guarantee the most damage, it can certainly easily get you back into offense mode (if you use prep half as much as I do)

What's our advantage to all our prep entry moves, I can't find any actual data form that isn't corrupt or some shit about all the frame data information.

6BB on hit is +10 into prep? What else?

4B?
3B? I know you guarantee 3B Prep BB for 38.
44AB?

What's our advantage to all our prep entry moves, I can't find any actual data form that isn't corrupt or some shit about all the frame data information.

4B?
44AB?

4B is -1 on guard

3B is safe on guard, and +16 on hit!

44AB is safe on guard, and +10 on normal hit

This is all from the Wiki.

4B?
44AB?

lol it's never 3B entry in prep..since it's wise to take the 38 guarantee'd damage..so the question is ...what is the frame data for prepB re-entry...which is the same as 6B on hit.. so yes it's pretty good.
The people i'm up against almost always just turtle..so i don't re-enter prep, instead opting to do multiple 3B or 33B to harass them.

How badly do they turtle? Nothing wrong with some PrepB on block, it is only -3 which gives plenty of options

Back