B+K Auto GI

it did?! O.O

son of a....I swear if I would have known that it would have helped out a lot more than what I have been doing (this is not sarcasm btw, I really didnt know that)

tiamat- by body attack you mean kicks which is only parried by maybe two people in the entire game? =\
also, I`m not phased by the different cons added, I always used like a regular parry anyway and sieg deserves to be CH when hit in transition, But I believe that the transition GI beats out those cons.

spidey- alright you guys win, I never even held it that long seeing as its practically useless after the first window

yea sieg's B+K did back in SC3 so it was much more versatile

amy B+K, maxi A+K (from stance), nightmare GS A all beat body attacks of the proper type. there are probably some others as well. (algol har) maxi's is the only one of those 3 that works against horizontal kicks

reason I say body instead of "kicks" is because there are some moves that aren't kicks that count as kicks (headbuts, punches, shoulder rams)

Moving on, I think we should start thinking about how to apply the B+K from other stances to auto GI certain moves.

ex: 3 (blocked) > B+K will GI/duck nightmare's bA

Tiamat add Vader's 6/3A+B auto gi which catches what a GI catches except from a JI throw :P

Try going into B+K from [A] or a+kA[A]. I really havent found any good use on that.

B+K can JI and guarantee a B.

B+K when GI'ed close will automatically counter with K. When it does counter, it refreshes the aGI timer. I believe, it also refreshes anytime there's a GI, but no counter.

I don't know Why Namco nerf B+K... any SBH move can be GI, even SBH B... OK we have a almost infite auto GI, that only activates a lot of frames after the real initial auto GI... the GI window is shorter... SBH B can be blocked always sometimes even after an auto-JI... SBH A is the better option now... back in SC3 was guaranteed, and now its the easiest SBH move to GI... and of course is high, and its tracking property is little.

I don't want to auto GI throws anymore ala SC3 but maybe a little more guaranteed options could be good. I don't like Kilik but I really envy his ability to GI any middle sword or punch move and do a guaranteed combo that have incredible damage, wallsplash, knockdown and RO properties all in the same packet.

The best use for B+K is to duck throws and punish with B... the best feature for this in SC4 is the ability to do the GI in middle of stance roullete.

Use it at your own risk.

-Stryker-

Isn't SBH K always guaranteed? Either that or it's hard as hell to GI.

Although SBH is good vs characters who step to Sieg's right side often...it's also good vs gauge, i urge to try and use it if your opponent has frozen a bit when they see u in BH.

I would think SBH K is guaranteed- the only way I could think of someone GIing back was if you did an early SBH aGI, where you have to press K afterwards instead of it happening automatically.

Free damage and a knockdown sounds good enough to me.

Stryker- your over looking one crucial fact

when timed right, anything from SBH is free after aGI. this is useful against predictable Horis, and yes B+K K is freeeeeeeeeee.

very good for amys 3BA, Sophie's 236236 AA or 236 AA, ect. I dont know about you guys but B+K is extremely useful to me and I have won a few matches with it.

I like it too myself. BH is my most commonly used stance honestly. As long as you're famliiar with th GI window and how it works it's very useful.

There's some horizontal moves that the SBH auto GI doesnt work at all... like 2K and Mist A from Mitsurugi...and I feel is slower than in SC3 so I have to anticipate the moves a little more... SBH A is not guaranteed after the auto GI cause they can GI back...

..[/I]

This is because Mitsurugi's MST A begins with a B attack, to test it, choose Cervantes agains Mitsurugi on training and do this attack, then with Cervantes use A+K(Evades A), and after use B+K(Evades B). Cervantes will Evade with B+K.

i really like how when you cancel it you are left in crouching. Makes for some good mixups up close, or a cancel into a wr A from a range.

I swear by B+K, personally. I think it's an incredibly useful tool if you can predict an opponent's horizontal patterns. Useful for stuffing 2A attempts, too. Using it post 3 is very difficult on opponents with fast AA strings, though, if not impossible.

Can all of Hilde's C# A's be GI'ed with B+K? If so, following up a C# B block with B+K seems obvious. Can start training her with that. Not sure if she can move into doom combo from a free hit (non horizontal) after a blocked C# B though, so depending on that, it may be worth it.

Here's a cute little shenanigan: A+B blocked is -3, and if you immediately enter BH from SSH I believe you'll aGI any horizontal from i11-i21.

Back