B+K : B : B : B : A

Holy crap. So I still need to test this more, but it seems that if you do one short quickstep to Maxi's left, B+K will combo into BT B+K for 118 Damage!!! I haven't tested this against everyone yet, but it seems to be pretty consistent. I couldn't get it to combo from any other position. Also, it seems you can't be right in their face doing B+K or BT B+K will not reach.

This is gonna really put the hurt on stepped BB's.

So it seems to work on just about everyone from just standing. It can be a bit tricky to get this to work after stepping certain attacks that have a lot of forward movement, because it often leaves Maxi too close for the combo to connect. Seems to work great from mid range, so its a very nice punish for stepping something like Xiba BB.

So it seems to work on just about everyone from just standing. It can be a bit tricky to get this to work after stepping certain attacks that have a lot of forward movement, because it often leaves Maxi too close for the combo to connect. Seems to work great from mid range, so its a very nice punish for stepping something like Xiba BB.

Awesome! but who does Xiba's BB :p

After a night of trying this out I don't have much confidence that the BT B+K will not whiff. I can't find a way to confirm it.

You can kinda tell by how close you are when you do it. If you are at that angle and they still have a bit of distance when you start that move, it seems like I land it pretty often.

Still not super practical, but its free damage where no damage or oki was really available before. I'm sure there's more moves out there that this will be effective on, like Astaroth 22B.

Thanks for the video. I could not land that 'A' to save my life before hearing those inputs. We should have a series of videos displaying specific timings. Would be an idea for a future thread maybe?

Thank you thank you thank you a million times! So to summarize, if you get the first B the right timing, the rest of input has uniform spacing (refer to video). In a nutshell, the B's have pretty lax jf window while last A is strict and what you want to do is mentally arrange those B's in a way that last B to A has the same interval with each B's intervals because technically you can slack B's but not the A. Uniform interval = easier on your brain! Remember, the key is the first B. hope this helps people.

Thank you for this. It's one of the few moves from anyone in the game that I can't do at all. So this helps. Hopefully I can do it on a pad.

Thnx amazing video dude helped a lot, i got the same problem as Sticky though I can get the B+K :B : B : B but the A is never consistent.

Im starting a list of moves that have a decent chance of connecting the BT combo after sidestepping a move and punishing with B+K. Its in the first post. Not much there yet, but i'll add things as I find them.

I will check that out. I don't even try to step 22B though, that move has decent tracking it hurts.

Im sure most of you are aware of it but when the opponents guard meter is flashingt red I ALWAYS do the B+k B:B:B:A combo for the guaranteed RO B RC A B BE A BE combo since as long as its already flashing red almost always one full blocked b+k combo will break the opponents guard....just sucks that it cant be done online (or can it?)

i got the online timing down sorta now. I pointed out the gauge combo in the first post, but I don't know if its really such a good idea anymore. The follow-up combo used to do around 90-100 damage. I think post patch, the damage is only around 65-70 now. You're probably better off just pressuring with a couple 44Bs or 6A+Bs so you can get the 44B combo on break.

I keep getting 80-81 dmg on the follow up combo, I think for how easy it is and the gauranteed break and dmg it may be worth it instead of fishing for the break with 44B, I'm not sure maybe you're better at timing the break with 44B and 6A+Bs but I know sometimes I miss it on the the 6A+B and end up screwing up the guard break.

yeah i'm sure you're right about the damage, i was just guessing. still is 20~25 less than 44b.

I'm infatuated with this move, I think we need to make a chart on when you can get it gauranteed. I usually do it after 6A RO A [K] (I hope thats the notation for hold), I know it isn't gauranteed but everyone drops their guard after it....usually...now if only I could get this move down online it would be awesome! I really think this move is staple in his gameplay kind of like siegs and nightmares A:G:A.

I have been cheating with this moves input. My RT is A+B+K. I do B+K:RT:RT:RT:RT to the same rhythm and have increased my frequency of doing the A finish because that was all I ever missed.

Back