B+K : B : B : B : A

its a good move, but its certainly not spammable. Its very linear and it is slightly punishable. There really aren't a whole lot of things that this move punishes, since its i20. Most of the time i land it is after I stepped my opponent.

My advice is just separate the Bs and the A in your mind. What I did was I initially forgot about the A and made it so I can get the Bs every time. The timing for them is all pretty much the same, so it makes it easier to divide the just frames up into 2 groups. After that just get a feel for when the A comes. What I do in online matches is practice the just frames after the rounds to get a feel for them and the lag before I try putting it in the match.

@uber1337: I saw you can timing the JF Fury without hitting the opponent. It impressed me a lot because it's hard for me to timing if the opponent is not hit or block. So how did you practice the JF Fury and what should I notice and look at when pressing the buttons ?

I've got this down to 60/70% consistency now, what I do is tap B for hits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, rather than just 2, 4, 6 and 8, than tack on A.

The vid he made at the opening post in this very thread, explains the perfect timing for it. Its just a matter of muscle memory with this one. Watch this vid 100 times like I did. Get that rythm in your head. Go to training mode and turn the sound off and practice. That is what helped me to get the rythm in my head!

Yeah, i don't really have a better explanation. You really just gotta do it a lot before you get it. I still mess it up sometimes. I find that it usually takes me a few attempts when I first start playing before I find the rhythm. It is definitely easier to do on hit or block because you get the sounds to help guide you.

On the bright side, even if you miss the final A, its really not that bad as long as you hit all the B's. The B's do about the same damage as a 6A+B, though a bit less than a 3B 6A+B. Even if you are hitting the JF only half the time its worth the attempt.

Now my success percentage is increased greatly now. Seems when I don't think about the last A, it comes naturally. Thank you Uber :D

I now have this down absolutely 100%:

... By cheating.

Tip for people who play a TE stick:
set your far right top button for B, bottom right for A, enable turbo on both.

Tap B+K, hold B, hold A any time after the sixth hit.

Always works. =)

I had a casuals session today, in training mode I attempted it 38 times and was successful 38 times. Works for me at least, heh =/

As an independant A+B bind, I don't know, but if you hold a turbo'd A and B simultaneously, it doesn't work. Need to test.

I now have this down absolutely 100%:

... By cheating.

Tip for people who play a TE stick:
set your far right top button for B, bottom right for A, enable turbo on both.

Tap B+K, hold B, hold A any time after the sixth hit.

Always works. =)

Hehe, that's funny.

After playing with this more, I feel like you still pretty much have to time the A, but maybe you get a slightly bigger window for it. it is a bit easier when you don't have to worry about the B's.

Holy fuck, I had no idea the first B messed with the timing so much. Here I was thinking that I'm crazy as hell this whole time, and there was an explanation just sitting here... Does "D'oh!" cover roughly 6 months of needless frustration?

Anyway, I'm confident I can master this move at last (As in do it without cues) and, finally, bring it online. You're the shit, Uber, seriously.

I've been reading through this entire thread reading what all the people commented up to the previous reply to mine here. Thanks, Uber.

In training mode, I was just setting the "2P Settings" >> "Control Settings" >> *chose a slot number* >> *having the "Moves Slot 1" to Stand/All Guard and the "Moves Slot 2 to Attack/:2::K: *

With consistent practice at any given short stint of time working on this JF input, I seem to get the hang of it just for that short period. I had my settings this way for practice so every time I'd mess up , I'd have the training dummy give me a good kick in the shins. :)

finally pulled it out in a match (successfully, as in i got all the justs and the final A) for the win. the guy stopped blocking halfway through, guess he thought i couldn't do it lol. while the B+K didn't finish him, it signaled a HUGE shift in momentum.

i definitely need to use it more, but i'm not entirely sure how to use it. i usually try to throw it out after a sidestep or something

Back