best ground game?

Haeven

[09] Warrior
Is rock the best or does others like Nightmare beat him?

Sorry if this was already discussed but I couldn't find thread dedicated to this.

maybe algol?

he has 2A+B and some decent combo ability on grounded opponents

2A+B 4A+B can mean a free bubble combo

Voldo's ground game is good, as is Siegfried's... obviously. Rock is definately #1 because that's where the majority of his strategy comes from.

Vader and Nightmare are two of the best, Rock... I dunno his is ok but it just lacks being scary since you can break it so easily.

Vader and Nightmare are two of the best, Rock... I dunno his is ok but it just lacks being scary since you can break it so easily.

..but, it's 50/50 :/

Anyway, breaking his ground throws = a LOT of frame advantage for Rock, and i mean, a lot. I think that is the major quirk to his wakeup honestly...without that, it'll be pretty unimpressive.

Voldo's ground game is good, as is Siegfried's... obviously. Rock is definately #1 because that's where the majority of his strategy comes from.

Just because that's where the majority of his strategy comoes from doesn't mean he's good at it. He's bottom tier for a reason. Rock bottom.

Just because that's where the majority of his strategy comoes from doesn't mean he's good at it. He's bottom tier for a reason. Rock bottom.
Well the topic is best ground game, so technically this thread isn't taking into consideration anything else but the ground game. I'd say Rock isn't too reliable as an overall character because everything outside of his ground game is pretty risky and unsafe, but taking a look solely at his ground game aspect, he has one of the best. If he had a good ground-hitting mid, he'd easily have the best ground game.

Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Siegfried, Astaroth and Amy are definitely ahead of the pack as far as wake-up pressure goes on grounded opponents. Rock I can't say for sure just because his damage output is pretty low. Voldo and Vader are all right as well.

In my opinion, Mitsu and Astaroth have the ground game as far as traps, damage, and wake-up pressure goes.

I would have to say tie between vader and siggy. Vader with his force and stomp game siggy with his various lows. Second place voldo because I seen someone get looped in his stun knockdown pick up stunned move. That whole bit was ludacris.....

Well the topic is best ground game, so technically this thread isn't taking into consideration anything else but the ground game. I'd say Rock isn't too reliable as an overall character because everything outside of his ground game is pretty risky and unsafe, but taking a look solely at his ground game aspect, he has one of the best. If he had a good ground-hitting mid, he'd easily have the best ground game.

I'm also only talking about ground game. I'm merely saying that the fact that Rock's focus is his groundgame isn't evidence to support that it is superior to other ground games. For example, a McDonald meal is comprised of a burger, drink, and fries- but the focus of the meals is the burger. This is not evidence that McDonald has the best burgers. I think Rock would be top (in terms of oki) if he was allowed one unbreakable ground throw after every knockdown, then he'd be a beast (in terms of oki).

what does he have outside his various breakable ground grabs though? I mean he has a very strong ground game but I wouldn't say it's the best ya dig?

Rock's ground game isn't really a game, it's what he does.

I say Amy is fucking annoying...
Asta is number 2 IMO...
Nightmare
Vader
I guess voldo or Lizzy

Back