BOOOM Street Fighter V exclusive to PS4 & PC

[..]Fuck the story shit, the game plays fantastic and I'm glad they did what they did because I can play it now instead of waiting for irrelevant shit.

Also, I can play online fine now. I was really only bad for like a day which while it isn't excusable, it's still relevant. Rollback can be annoying, though.

If Street Fighter V does not meet Capcom's and Sony's sale expectations because of this backlash, I am sure you will not be happy about it.

Will I've been playing it non-stop since release, and i have to say that the netcode has improved a lot in the last 2 days. It's pretty fantastic.
I don't mind the game at all now that they've fixed the network issues, but i think releasing it in March would've been better. Challenge Mode would've been opened, as well as the shop & the first DLC character out. I never really cared for Arcade mode unless it had character outros & intros like in the SC games, but i can understand the people's outrage. As well as the VS~CPU option.
I don't understand why people are bothered with the Story Mode. As if they're not getting a GIGANTIC story mode expansion in less than 4 months. They're just spoiled.

I don't understand why people are bothered with the Story Mode. As if they're not getting a GIGANTIC story mode expansion in less than 4 months. They're just spoiled.

You said there are some things you understand people complains about, those are the things that explains the complains about the story mode.

Not having something makes you pay more atention to what you have and if there is an acumulation of things you dislike people will probably end paying it with the rest of the game.

I mean if game had its arcade mode with intros and endings for each character and other modes (challenge, team attack) and more characters and a vs cpu, probably the story mode wouldn't have that much hate it would be just a filler mode that you can ignore. But since its basically the only thing there is its going to focus all the hate. Because if you have a lot of ways of having fun you won't pay attention to a mediocre story mode, but if everything you have is that mode...

Also, this its mere speculation but I'm pretty sure there is more people that like me distrusts CAPCOM word at this point. Free updates? Thats not the capcom we know and hate XD Like always I wish to be wrong but I'd bet my money at cinematic mode costing at least $12, hope to be wrong, but sadly my pessimistic predictions trend to become true.

Well I just purchased the Avengers: Age of Ultron 4K HD 3D Blu-ray. It has the first 15 minutes of the movie, and if I want to see the rest of the movie, I'll have to wait four months, but they'll add it for free.

Or I spent 300 dollars on this bread maker that makes all kinds of bread, but right now, it only makes white bread. I'll have to wait four months before they release a free firmware update before I can start making french bread or banana nut bread.

So... does SF5 have a worse launch impression than SC5? It's a lot more barebone than SC5 for starters, but I don't know what they plan for the additional contents.

No. SFV is actually playable online.
SC5 was playable online. SFV is playable on a completely new system with five+ years of new internet tech afforded to it. At least in SFV's favor, you don't run into stupid CAS designs.

Tutorial series: Cammy

LianghuBBB said:
some high lvl gameplay and other cool clips Ive compiled today

Quick note: Nash's moonsaults are incredibly unsafe on block and can stopped by simple anti-airs, and normal jump kicks. Best not to pressure with them.

Last edited:
Quit belly aching over stupid shit, then.

It seems that I have lost a crucial consumer's meeting where we agreed on what fukou_da_man sees as worthless do not value to the rest of the market and should not complain about them.

Like it or not, Street Fighter V as a package right now is lackluster.

Well I just purchased the Avengers: Age of Ultron 4K HD 3D Blu-ray. It has the first 15 minutes of the movie, and if I want to see the rest of the movie, I'll have to wait four months, but they'll add it for free.

Or I spent 300 dollars on this bread maker that makes all kinds of bread, but right now, it only makes white bread. I'll have to wait four months before they release a free firmware update before I can start making french bread or banana nut bread.

Get the toaster but only if the firmware update includes wheat bread.

It seems that I have lost a crucial consumer's meeting where we agreed on what fukou_da_man sees as worthless do not value to the rest of the market and should not complain about them.

Like it or not, Street Fighter V as a package right now is lackluster.
It's a good fighting game, you're the problem if that isn't enough.

Could be Metal Gear Solid 5 where the story wasn't finished and Online came out two months later, online being 4 maps and 3 modes.

10/10 So disappointed in the best game I've ever played.

Also pls buy my squid hat $$$$

So... does SF5 have a worse launch impression than SC5? It's a lot more barebone than SC5 for starters, but I don't know what they plan for the additional contents.

Worse impression tan SC5? I'd say YES there is quite an outrage on the net right now about the lack of content and initial netcode (it seems they fixed that though and now its perfectly playable). Example: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2016/02/16/video-games-are-broken-reviews-are-broken-and-things-have-to-change/#41c4e4ba58d2

There is lot of things planned, daily challenges, cinematic mode, characters, but you pay the full game beforehand, I mean, its not like Splatoon that had Little content but the basic game was sold as an "early Access" at 30$ SFV cost the full 60$. Although its also true SFV has promised the updates will be "free". But even being "free" some of the content has to be unlocked, for example new characters are "free" only if you unlock them with Fighting Points (game currency).

But to get an idea how "free" they are new chara cost 6$ each or 100000 FP, story mode costumes cost 40000 FP.

And here is a "curious" data: In story mode you unlock "story mode costumes" but you can only use those costumes in the story mode, if you want to use it outside that mode (online for example) you have to unlock them again for those 40000 FP I was talking about, so they are forcing you to "waste" the FP in something you someway already unlocked. That already says a lot about how free unlocking is gonna work I think.

Last edited:
Was wonderin about the costume I unlocked but can't use ('cept in story mode)...

Last edited:
Wondering why no Charlie player I've seen so far uses his DP, Tragedy Assault, in any combo. It steals meter and health and the EX leads to some of his biggest damaging combos.

Or for that matter, his V-Skill.

If you have the PC version, can you just swap the costume files and stuff? I sure would do that to get the dlc costumes if I can.

I don't really like the Word "casuals", something like "not competitive players" would fit better. Casuals are ocasional players or people who gets the game play some rounds and thats all.

But people who expends lot of time on a fighting game playing solo...I don't think "casual" is appropiate to describe them. I have over 150 hours in SCIII for example and back then if someone would have called me "casual" I would have put my WTF face.

Also, "casuals" will buy the game anyway, because its their temporary entertain, something they will enjoy some days then ditch it is no different from paying some drinks saturday night, those who won't buy the games if there is lack of content are not competitive fans.

Last edited:
'Casual' for me = a player who doesn't go to tourneys. Which isn't a bad thing since people play for different reasons.

Back