Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that combo. I think I prefer doing 4B.B.B 88A 4A:A 44444K 66666B.
Or doing 4B.B.B 22B 66666B. <That combo is 90% guaranteed and they can ukemi between each move, dealing more damage.

i do use the 88A after the launch.the 4A:A is just to show off lol,for the difficulty that one should do most dmd or atleast decent but it doesnt

Yeah, it really should. The only reason I'd assume it doesn't is because you can almost always work off it.
Using it normally is amazing. JO 4A:A 44(K) GL 3kA 11K 66666B. I LOVE that combo. So much. <3

Hot damn! Her auto-gi move (head-bump A+K in sc4 and a+b for sc5) is so useful now. The auto-gi window is definitely bigger!!

also, her Gs 4bbb jf is so much easier to do now.

May I just say how much ass Tira kicks? I'm in a "serious business" group and I've lost three out of 16 rounds.

I manage my gauge quite nicely, if I do say so myself. :b

Edit: The only problems with Tira I have are costume-based. The 1P hair cannot be colored correctly on the actual 1P, but.. The 2P hair sucks face. And the 1P one is kinda glitchy lookin'. But whatev'.

I also don't like the change to the Ukemi system. :/

JS BE 66B is a pretty interesting move. It hits grounded (otg's :p) and puts you in BT gloomy for a BT B+K into 666B. Something like JS 4k, BE 66B seems like a good way to go into GS while doing a good chunk of damage. It's becoming what I save most of my meter for. If you don't want the high chance of going back into JS, you can substitute the 666B after the BT B+K for something else, there might be something better.

How are you doing in Jolly? Her JS moves are kinda bleh to me. I make it a goal to get into GS and stay there as much as I can.

everyone was like this with SC4 JS though and it turns out when you get into learning her right,it has some good adavantages,im not saying that you didnt by the way,but i learned to utilise both just as well,im some cases it was strange because for once when i wanted to go back to JS it flippin woudnt!

so are you saying that her SCV JS is worse now?i thought her JS would be improved

The just frame/brave edge versions, I could understand.. but normal ones.. I really hope they just didn't arial control to make him look good.. Tekken's all about juggles, though, so I wouldn't doubt it if we can't arial control against him.

I like Natsu, so I'm glad she's strong. But Tira should be up higher, I agree. They had the top French people test it out, or something. I'm not really too sure what they did.

I'd love to fight you, but I'm on 360.. Such a shame, I hear you're really good.
I'm trying to get a recorder so I can post videos of my fights.
Thank you....

JS BE 66B is a pretty interesting move. It hits grounded (otg's :p) and puts you in BT gloomy for a BT B+K into 666B. Something like JS 4k, BE 66B seems like a good way to go into GS while doing a good chunk of damage. It's becoming what I save most of my meter for. If you don't want the high chance of going back into JS, you can substitute the 666B after the BT B+K for something else, there might be something better.
I really like both states. I tend to try to force myself into gloomy, but jolly's still really powerful. I loooove WS B.K even if they guard B, K still hits often AND even if you miss/they block the K too, you can still do updraft moves. Lovely improvements.

However, slight downfalls bug me. I don't like how basically all the 33/66/99 -- 11/44/77 moves are all the same..

I love all the characters very much. :)

JS isn't bad, it's just you aren't gonna get any crazy damage out of it, and I think Tira really accels at high damage combo's that are easy to hit confirm, most of them just happen to be in GS. Unless you're really low on life, I feel your goal should always be to get to GS as soon as possible. 3B, 3AA, ect are just too good.

I love the combos Tira can do...
A combo I found out recently that works 90% of the time, depending on the exact direction of air control..
JO 3B 66K CE. It makes a slight use to Jolly's CE, which I very rarely use.

I think if they go left, it makes Tira do the CE the wrong way, but I'm fairly sure it catches all other directions.

I love GS 44B hold. Whats the notation for held button? (B)?. It's safe and does lol damage and TC. I also am getting a lot of use out of 22A. Even on block if they twitch you can just CE them if you buffer the motion(which I always already have in anticipation of it hitting.)

I CE people in Jolly sometimes, just depends on how bad I want to get into Gloomy.

Can any Tira vets shed some light on the mechanics behind Tira's Grim Reaper and Einsatz Calcatrix? What exactly are the differences between the two? Do they GI both highs and mids? What determines if she goes immediately for the grab after the parry or goes through the prolonged stance-switch animation before going for the grab?

Same thing for me, the more I play the more I hate JS.

I just came out from a hard fight session and the Tira vs Pyrrha matchup isn't looking good. Seriously she's only behind cause of the Jolly stance. Plus Pyrrha 66B BE so broken.

The problem of JS and the only problem for me is that you don't have a reliable long ranged anti-step.
GS 66A a very good antistep
JS 66AA is crap as an antistep, it does good damage and has good range but its still terribly unsafe, its good for whiff punish though.

As for the Pyrrha matchup its seems fairly equal, (exept some problems):

She can punish your 3B with AA.
You can punish hers with BB, JS 6A
The spacing and zoning are about the same between GS Tira and her, Although you loses in Jolly and she's free to set her long ranged game.
Her 66B BE is her best move so far, it has good range, it can't be stepped, it destroys your guard gauge, it gives her frame advantage and its a 80 damage combo starter. (the power of the move can be lessened though if you GI (not aGI) or Just guard the second hit, I tried the Just Guard and in like 7hours of matches I managed to do it once, GI seems a better option but it costs you meter, but its totally worth it, it prevents your guard gauge to be crushed like hell.)

Nothing more today cause Im tired its 6am.

Can any Tira vets shed some light on the mechanics behind Tira's Grim Reaper and Einsatz Calcatrix? What exactly are the differences between the two? Do they GI both highs and mids? What determines if she goes immediately for the grab after the parry or goes through the prolonged stance-switch animation before going for the grab?

EC is like Nightmare's A+B. The initial state takes moves that are less than 20 damage to lead into the 2nd state. Her 2nd state is an automatic transition into GS where she aGIs everything but UBs, throws, and CEs. New to SC5 she does the GS B+K animation instead of what was BF 66B on successful impact.

GS B+K is an aGI that works on all mids. Does 50 damage at base level and restores some life. Will research if it increases in both areas the lower her life gets like in 4.

I'm really glad GR and EC are still there. Got SCV yesterday cuz Europe is always late and I'm totally loving the new Tira *-*
Oh and I love GS 11B

Hey gang, now that Europe's got the game I can join the "I <3 Tira" fan club too :D Kinda surprising how much they changed Tira, I'm a bit disappointed they got rid of a few good moves, I feel the ones she gained don't really cover for some of the ones lost (like JS 2A+B) but that's just my opinion. I've more or less got used to the new moveset now, still need to learn all the BE moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back