Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and the matches themselves were low-tier... It's not like either of the players were pros whatsoever, hell the Voldo player won by spamming 2K out of desperation, I doubt ppl over at the Voldo boards are going "ZOMG Voldo's way OP, Day 1 GOD TIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Calm down, wait til at least the entire roster is released, or til there's less than month to the release date... Or just give up on her if you're that concerned/over reacting... :sc4tir1: <3
given tiras impeccable track record, you're right... Nothing to see here.

Yeah, and the matches themselves were low-tier... It's not like either of the players were pros whatsoever, hell the Voldo player won by spamming 2K out of desperation, I doubt ppl over at the Voldo boards are going "ZOMG Voldo's way OP, Day 1 GOD TIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Calm down, wait til at least the entire roster is released, or til there's less than month to the release date... Or just give up on her if you're that concerned/over reacting... :sc4tir1: <3
came in here to say this

You're right, we should complain when there's a month to release in hopes that they change her. They said they're listening to the community, so if we suggest what we want, they'll listen. If you don't want to hear it, then.. go?

You're right, we should complain when there's a month to release in hopes that they change her. They said they're listening to the community, so if we suggest what we want, they'll listen. If you don't want to hear it, then.. go?

People have different opinions on what they want clearly. So in the end, they will listen but only to a certain extent. And if she does turn out the way she was in the video who cares. I know I will play her, and other true tira users will put the work in to main her as well. But judging from the post where you said you tend to say away from her when she was bad, then hey thats all you. But in the end your entitled to your opinion so post your ideas since that is what this thread is for. But even if some else has opinion that goes against yours, just respect what they have to say.

My comment wasn't aimed at suggestions, those are fine... I was referring more to the statements like Fuzzivikings and others like "Tira lost when a scrub was using her in that one vid at TGS by a guy who's prob never played her before, this is a problem, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional..."

General/Blanketed comments like those do nothing for character development and are too vague to have any real substance... It just seems people are being too premature in judging based on average/below average gameplay footage...

I hope that makes sense

Oh and this... Voldo lost 0-3... He's hopeless....... Derp -_-

You all should be grateful, at least Tira still has the playstyle you enjoyed from SC4. Ivy is a completely new character each time a new SC is out so there's no way to know whether or not she'll be fun.

That being said, I hope they put in the work to balance EVERY character and make EVERY character viable in high level play. Soul Calibur has had too much of a history of only 3-4 characters winning tournaments.

You all should be grateful, at least Tira still has the playstyle you enjoyed from SC4. Ivy is a completely new character each time a new SC is out so there's no way to know whether or not she'll be fun.

That being said, I hope they put in the work to balance EVERY character and make EVERY character viable in high level play. Soul Calibur has had too much of a history of only 3-4 characters winning tournaments.

Good post...

Also, I know what you mean about Ivy, I loved her in SC 1/2, liked her and 3, and completely dropped her by 4... It just got too hard to keep adjusting

ok heres what i think since i was unclear,i find it kinda hard to explain my ideas and things sometimes and still might be unclear but ill try

i dont want tira to be easy to play at all,but if she is made easier because of buffs that make her fairer against other characters and catch up more then that is fine and good to me,i know its fun because of the challenge to use tira but i just dont see it as fair that certain characters are behind like her and mina

i get that shes meant to be hard to play and all that but just seeing it as shes hard to play and trying to use that to sort of disguise that she isnt behind other characters is wrong,i know the people who play on those videos are no good
but i still think it gives valid signs to the characters and how they will play even though it is early,id rather do something now than last minuite before,but you guys are right well wait and see for awhile,but i think last month would be too close,if we kept letting them know a bit and then closer ask if they would change it,then they might just do it

like noface said i want tira and other low tiers to be fairly balanced compared to the other characters to give them a fair advantage
and tira needs to be more rewarding for the player who has spent ages to learn her

i dont want it,but also if the game is going to be simplified then it isnt fair for tira to just get left behind even more so than she is already i mean come on look what theyve done to ivy!,which means we are going to have to see bigger improvements to her style which they are hopefully working on now to make her catch up,which she needs to anyway so she has fair advantages against other characters

yeah i think namco saying that she is too hard to use is a load of rubbish well no totally
ok she is hard to learn but thats the whole point of her anyway
she was a bit much in 4 so they should have just made her more like 2 or 3 not just like totally destroy her stances all you needed to do was to spend some time with her which you have to do with every character,its stupid anyway thats all ill say on that because this is a tira thread

edit:
i brought ivy up really to kinda say it woudnt be fair if they didnt improve tira to a fair advantage,simply because of her not been high enough tier for it to really be truly balanced if someone is just blatently behind,
and because ivy has been completely simplified so if someone needed to be made like that a little to be improved then it woudnt be fair if they didnt do that
if she had to be made easier to play a little,not purposely easier like ivy but easier because she has been made better which is fine

i will put the work in to learn tira but i think she needs more reward for spending the time to get really good with her and she needs to be at a fair level against other characters which i think it should be like for everyone now,and right now she just isnt,she needs more than the buffs we have seen her main things like her moods and lack of stuns need to be attended to

I personally found switching states easy in IV. Now she just has two states (WP and SW) because of noobs whining that she's too hard so Namco 'dumbed' her down.... IMO:
BIG MISTAKE.

Ivy, hard in IV? I thought she was shit easy in IV personally. All you need is a little practice and BOOM! you got her.

She wasn't hard, just transitioning and relearning her 4 times was getting hard/frustrating, if that makes sense... Like I can get along fairly well with her in IV, I just prefer her TONS more in previous installments...

But this is Tira's thread, who I love...

Oh and this... Voldo lost 0-3... He's hopeless....... Derp -_-

Gosh, what was that?
First two rounds: 1A ~ hop, 1A ~ hop, 1A ~ hop rinse and repeat... Like one of Partisan's hop sessions.

Anyway, staying on topic, I think what Tira needs is a guaranteed mood switch cause the random switching made things annoying. Her CE looks solid but I kind of wish it was a throw :/

ok heres what i think since i was unclear,i find it kinda hard to explain my ideas and things sometimes and still might be unclear but ill try

i dont want tira to be easy to play at all,but if she is made easier because of buffs that make her fairer against other characters and catch up more then that is fine and good to me,i know its fun because of the challenge to use tira but i just dont see it as fair that certain characters are behind like her and mina

i get that shes meant to be hard to play and all that but just seeing it as shes hard to play and trying to use that to sort of disguise that she isnt behind other characters is wrong,i know the people who play on those videos are no good
but i still think it gives valid signs to the characters and how they will play even though it is early,id rather do something now than last minuite before,but you guys are right well wait and see for awhile,but i think last month would be too close,if we kept letting them know a bit and then closer ask if they would change it,then they might just do it

like noface said i want tira and other low tiers to be fairly balanced compared to the other characters to give them a fair advantage
and tira needs to be more rewarding for the player who has spent ages to learn her

i dont want it,but also if the game is going to be simplified then it isnt fair for tira to just get left behind even more so than she is already i mean come on look what theyve done to ivy!,which means we are going to have to see bigger improvements to her style which they are hopefully working on now to make her catch up,which she needs to anyway so she has fair advantages against other characters

I respect this post alot, it has alot of very valid points. Its true Ivy is getting simplified, but the changes to make her better in the eyes of some people would be taking away the true character of tira. What I mean is, self-damage comes with the character, and also random mood changes happen when she does damage to herself. Those things really and truthfully can not be changed without changing what tira is in my opinion. The most you can do without changing who she is, is to make her frames really good and improve moves that were already in the game and give her new moves that are just as useful. Apparently there is going to be a European stream on friday for this game, not 100% sure though. So lets see if someone like akiru will show up and show us what he knows so far. I agree she didn't have that much of a chance in IV but it still was possible to win. The buffs she is getting may be enough to fully balance her or it may not be enough. But judging by the videos, she has enough tools to be a viable character in tournament play in my opinion.

Apparently there is going to be a European stream on friday for this game, not 100% sure though. So lets see if someone like akiru will show up and show us what he knows so far.

yes there will be a European tournament held in france, i assume. Agreed, seeing akiru play with tira would be nice to see. he is like one of the best tira players ive ever seen.

to be honest i think the new systems on SCV have already helped make every character viable to play.(i.e
- the quick side dash
- CE
- BE (e.g. 66666B + Guard Break)) and thats pretty much what namco bandai has been aiming to do for SCV.

and people here are still arguing about how much tira needs to be improved, with more advantage frames, no self damage, no randomness and better combos(>.>) when they havnt even played the damn GAME.

if people want an improved tira so much, then why dont these people just ask for a new character that uses a ring blade.
sorry for the bad attitude.

i actually dont want her self damge removed,i just want it fair which it seems it is now,but they could do with maybe a way to heal it back,it depends how bad it ends up

i dont think its actually too much of us to ask to sort her randomness so it is still there but some way to control it a bit
its not like were asking for a new tira because in SC3 she had everything she needed,ill post more later im in college right now lol

They should put new moves which actually work and I want two spinning stances from SC3.

And I wanna be able to change stanges more easily and, random changes are fine, makes her unpredictible at times.

Her 33B-Stance was nice but the other one was quite terrible...

well they can always be made better,so the standing version has safe,quicker options and maybe a mixup
the ducking version is better because high hits will just go right over her in that one,but the quick move for that was terrible,just a simple low kick,well i guess it was ok if you wanted small quick damage but they could make it stun or something or add something else

a lot of her SC3 moves should return but the thing i really want to see is the spin stances,i think tira could really do with them as another add on aswell as slightly more controllability,she atleast needs a way to control the moods but not too much,and it needs fixing so she isnt so jolly heavy,and some jolly stuns too and thats it,its not too much to ask because they were there in 3 and those things are excatly what she needs now,they just have the self damage and moods along with it now
oh and she is too slow and unsafe or atleast way too unsafe she is disadvantaged big time because of her frames they need a good boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back