CaS Mirror Match.

Brucege, that liesloth is "une bien jolie dame", and you certainly did your homework about design unity and coherence :P
She is almost mattyesquely beautiful and intriguing, wait...where has matty gone again, yeah he broke his PC again i fear, please wire him some money from the hidden 8WR funds okay :))
Got him in PM though, he watched and loved the infamous forbidden slideshow, you know what i mean mate...

Now forget the girls (btw the ones in the ad banners left and right are just wow!) and back to sci-fi ok, i can't wait

So let me show you guys, something that might be nice.
So here is @Le_Bello's Pippin-
cbrhzr0cuu9ersb4y-jpg.38338
And here is my version.
soulcalibur-png.38340
soulcalibur-_1-png.38341

So....I suck at doing colorful characters, I tried to keep the basis, but I gave a more modest set of colors, I also tried to keep the detailing in as much stability as possible. I was a little indulgent to the part that this character is a little bit happy-go-luck, well at least seems so.
Anyhow, I hope it was not too bad.

Attachments

• cbrhzr0cuu9ersb4y.jpg
    cbrhzr0cuu9ersb4y.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,028
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    479 KB · Views: 1,106
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 1,117
So let me show you guys, something that might be nice.
So here is @Le_Bello's Pippin

And an adorable iteration it is! You're correct in that he's happy-go-lucky, and you've certainly managed to retain that, and his important floral themes. It's super cute, and could easily be a 2P outfit, really good job Ramus, thank you!

I couldn't decide which one I wanted to post... SOOO... I wanted to put 3 up,but alas, I feel that would be somewhat inconsiderate. So here is one of my more polished CaS:

Orriana

Bio
Formerly a court magician of some relatively insignificant noble. After said noble found himself on the receiving end of one of Graf Dumas' champions, she began to use her talents and charms for other purposes which generally consisted of impressing some poor rich fool with magic, and/or using her other "assets" to rob said poor man blind while he was none the wiser.

Images
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ Orrianna1.png
SOULCALIBUR ⅤOrriana2_12.png

If your interested and need anything else, feel free to let me know. :)

Last edited:
Brucege's version of Liesloth looks wonderful.
The idea that I had for Liesloth was that she could have a 3p costume about when she was fighting in the war in France.

Edit:
This thread's been great so far. Can there be a version of this thread about mirror matching recreations? or can someone re-host the recreation challenge?

Last edited:
@VILARCANE: Hahaha you're much too generous, old friend. I actually ran into a stumbling block with my SciFi. Okay, so I'm making a robo-chick, and I wanna make some custom robo-hair, but the problem is that she looks crazy bald. I'm thinking of purchasing that athletic pack for the boxing helmet to cap that shit, but I also hesitant to spend more $$$ lol. Any other ideas for dealing with baldness?

@Ramus: An excellent Pippin custom. That bold, yellow stripe on the pants really breaks up the space on the pants nicely. The sticker and SpecEq work on the upper body add "pop" to the design too. I'll probably try an ultra cosmic slayer version of Pippin while keeping 90% of the equipment later too.

@Da_Fonz: Hmm...this one will be a challenge. I'm kinda blanking right now, but I'll give it my best shot.

@Retrotator1: I'd love to see a modern French version of Liesloth! Post her if you can! Hmm...I think @FreeMeal was the winner of the last recreation challenge. Or maybe @bushindu, though I haven't seen him around. You could always try posting that I Love Lucy request as a new challenge for the thread though.

@VILARCANE: Hahaha you're much too generous, old friend. I actually ran into a stumbling block with my SciFi. Okay, so I'm making a robo-chick, and I wanna make some custom robo-hair, but the problem is that she looks crazy bald. I'm thinking of purchasing that athletic pack for the boxing helmet to cap that shit, but I also hesitant to spend more $$$ lol. Any other ideas for dealing with baldness?

@Ramus: An excellent Pippin custom. That bold, yellow stripe on the pants really breaks up the space on the pants nicely. The sticker and SpecEq work on the upper body add "pop" to the design too. I'll probably try an ultra cosmic slayer version of Pippin while keeping 90% of the equipment later too.

@Da_Fonz: Hmm...this one will be a challenge. I'm kinda blanking right now, but I'll give it my best shot.

@Retrotator1: I'd love to see a modern French version of Liesloth! Post her if you can! Hmm...I think @FreeMeal was the winner of the last recreation challenge. Or maybe @bushindu, though I haven't seen him around. You could always try posting that I Love Lucy request as a new challenge for the thread though.

Try the mass effect / star wars / predator CAS technique, meaning use the horns to do some hair around the head, with proper resizing and placement you should be able to wrap around the head. The good thing is that you can leave them untextured and for instance paint them white for a good ceramic sci-fi look that looks just perfect in-game (don't go for the obvious silvery look / glimmer). Sure you could texture them as well and try some other sci-fi effect, but that is just a proposal).
Sure that will most certainly leave you empty handed in terms of ExEq, so there might be better options...and besides, a bald cyborg works as well, don't you think.

Here's my remake:
View attachment 38294
View attachment 38296
View attachment 38295
View attachment 38297
Design Notes: Horns on head (helmet extension), centurion plume (fur lapel) and feathers of strength (shirt frill) on chest.

There was something about the original's layout that I really liked, so I wanted to put my own spin on it. Disco Jim's always been super flamboyant, but I figured he'd like to try something a bit more aristocratic and go chase some petticoats for a change. Mostly the same armor pieces as the original. I just toned down all the colors and added some bling. Optional mask for the masquerades!

Edit: Lol just realized same color scheme and gauntlets as @Quinion's Dampierre 3P. You can see pictures here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/quinions-customs-house.15441/page-11

Cool cas, this give me the idea of do a total carnival themed design, let's see how it end up!

Hello everybody!

I'm going to submit my creations for tweak to see your spin on what I made.

I usually aim for simple, yet appealing looking designs.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png

While I think this outfit fits Z.W.E.I, there's a side in me that doesn't agree with the colors...

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png

One of best examples of simple, but good design. I want to see your spin on it...

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
First one has too much of everything (two capes for instance). What is it even supposed to be? Needs a lot of work.

Second design could use some help with colors, but the base idea is not bad, feels very Valkyrie-ish. Reminds me a bit of my Azaneth.

06_Azaneth_1.jpg

A rule of thumb I have is to limit a character's color palette to just two or three colors plus a neutral shade of gray or gold.

First one has too much of everything (two capes for instance). What is it even supposed to be? Needs a lot of work.

Second design could use some help with colors, but the base idea is not bad, feels very Valkyrie-ish. Reminds me a bit of my Azaneth.

06_Azaneth_1.jpg

A rule of thumb I have is to limit a character's color palette to just two or three colors plus a neutral shade of gray or gold.

I looked at my first creation, and... yeah... I kinda agree with you... The basic idea was to give Z.W.E.I. some armor with spikes on it with a tattered cape...

This thread should proly be merged with the Mirror Match thread. I will defer to the opinion of our CaS mod, @Le_Bello though. I'll see what I can whip up with these characters.

@HydroJamesAqua , this is what I would do with that ZWEI:

ZWEI3P.png

Pretty much just switch to the cloth warrior' shoulder, then use the short tattered cape. This way the 3 pieces create a swath across the back that flows with the moveset and doesn't overlap in motion. Add the were-pants for a wolfy touch (colored to match EIN's fur), and balance the belt with a set of the feathers of strength. Throw in few bits of blue to match the unalterable chest armor bits and a few stickers to bring it together.

Has a sort of armored ranger feel; I ended up kinda liking him despite myself.

Back