Cervantes Combo Discussion

I'm back!

FixdSwine, that's a fantastic and informative post, thank you. 33A is a pretty good move: it's got great range, is safe on block, auto-GIs mids (both horizontal and vertical), and now it has some pretty darn damaging followups! Catching tech in all directions is nothing to scoff at, even if a fully-charged High Tide Anchoring is a bit easy to see coming. I think you've made Dishonest Wave (33_99A) a bit better :-)

Another thing. When you get 2A+B CH it is best to do a iGDR, 9B+K or 44K follow up. iGDR relaunches slightly so you can do a CE after. Not safe when near edge of course.
9B+K tech traps all sides for extra damage. 44K sets up another tech trap, you can grab after an opponent tries to tech after 44K and it will catch them all sides except back, unless near edge.

Another thing. When you get 2A+B CH it is best to do a iGDR, 9B+K or 44K follow up. iGDR relaunches slightly so you can do a CE after. Not safe when near edge of course.
9B+K tech traps all sides for extra damage. 44K sets up another tech trap, you can grab after an opponent tries to tech after 44K and it will catch them all sides except back, unless near edge.
9B+K Tech traps? So I'm supposed to be able to do Flip BT B+K?

Also notice the iGDR has to be timed correctly almost to a iframe. lol

Know a good wall combo

66B W!>2A>A/B+G W!>66B W!>3A+B>BBB

This is a amazing setup. I have tested this thoroughly. In all this combo does....229 DAM+clean hit chance.

Now people are probably thinking "its a reset, not a valid combo" but hear me out.

When 2A is performed after 66B W! it stuns the opponent long enough to be unable to turn around. So, now your opponent has a 50/50 chance of most likely losing the whole round, or ducking the Backgrab. Of course, this means that Voldo, Astaroth and ZWEI have a additional chance to escape the setup but every other character is doomed after the grab.

Why not do 66B W! → 2A → B+Gx3? It's 240+ damage if they don't duck the first backthrow. If they do duck, well, just do 66B again.

cerv so balunz

Its 33A and is a tech trap. The 2{B+K} catches all tech after 33A on hit.
I'm gonna assume this works for DC A as well? Also if they tech back wouldn't that still quake stun them so you can start a combo?

44K sets up another tech trap, you can grab after an opponent tries to tech after 44K and it will catch them all sides except back, unless near edge.
Does that work after any 44K or only after the CH 2A+B?

Why not do 66B W! → 2A → B+Gx3? It's 240+ damage if they don't duck the first backthrow. If they do duck, well, just do 66B again.

cerv so balunz

Angles will could screw up the second B+G and turn it into a side throw, 66B is a Guaranteed variation, but a bit weaker.

Angles will could screw up the second B+G and turn it into a side throw, 66B is a Guaranteed variation, but a bit weaker.
Only if you do it directly from the start position in training. If you move a tiny bit to the right it'll work. Not that hard to land, really.

Also, I'm assuming people know about the 66B W! → 1A:B setup thing? It's weird because the first hit of 1A:B whiffs but the 2nd hits and triggers the gunshot, which doesn't combo but it's unblockable so yeah.

Only if you do it directly from the start position in training. If you move a tiny bit to the right it'll work. Not that hard to land, really.

Also, I'm assuming people know about the 66B W! → 1A:B setup thing? It's weird because the first hit of 1A:B whiffs but the 2nd hits and triggers the gunshot, which doesn't combo but it's unblockable so yeah.
And the point in this is?????

Do you still get the iGDR follow up to the gunshot?
Nope, but the gunshot's damage doesn't scale at all. Besides, it's not like you can even do iGDR.
aqtaW.png

Nope, but the gunshot's damage doesn't scale at all. Besides, it's not like you can even do iGDR.
aqtaW.png
What are you talking about. I can't even pick Cervantes.
aqtaW.png

Its 33A and is a tech trap. The 2{B+K} catches all tech after 33A on hit.
Also I could be wrong about this but seeing as how I can't check it for myself well.....But yeah iGDR should do the same thing.

Edit:
Also while I'm thinking about it.
-CH 22AA, iGDR combos and tech traps all directions for a re-launch.
-6B BE, BT B+K, 1b+kB+K+G tech traps all directions for full stun and combo. Works off of DC B also as long as the BT B+K ends with a face down ground splat.
-After B2 air grab CE catches back tech and for some reason combos on certain characters. Only character I can think off the top of my head this combos on is Hilde.
-iGDR, iGDR, B2 works on all characters. The 2nd iGDR just has to be done at the earliest possible time.
-iGDR, iGDR, CE, CE combos. Works the same as the B2. If you're late with the second iGDR this won't work.

That's all for now. If I think of anything else I've been hoarding I'll let you guys know. :P

Back