Cervantes top 10 moves.

Hates who are you comparing Cervantes with...cuz your posts sound relative, I'm curious

Relative in what respect? You mean when I talk about the things which I see as most crucial in the new system? Right now I think Mitsu is the king of the mountain. Good, conventional AA_BB_2A, good frames on everything, B6 for safe, beefy anti-backstep, and a meat grinder of scrubby 50/50s up close facilitated by an annoying low. Oh, and very powerful wakeups.

You see similar properties in Patroklos, both Pyrrhas, Yoshi, etcetera. Xiba's also very high on my list, though his normals aren't conventional. He's got the dirty +frame lows, safe mids, 4B for backstep, high damage, etc, and his CE kinda tips things if all that leaves you on the fence about his awesomeness.

I see. Although prepatch I would say it was the same way. Mitsu and Xiba especially. In fact post patch Xiba got weakened but still he's scary.

I like the brutal nerf of backstep, I will explain why.
It promotes aggression over 'spacing' in the turtle sense. Previously there were some characters that were just too hard to hit when they backdash. Usually the attacks that punish backdash severely are verticals, which can be avoided via step. The game post patch forces you to not GUESS a backdash which is essentially what most players did. You backdash blindly knowing fully well that you'll evade a large percentage of moves with near immunity. This change makes sure you think about that before you do it. Intelligent backdashing still works. Just the fact that you mention that you no longer have fun due to this nerf shows that you backstepped TOO much in the first place to the point where your game was reliant on it. It was too strong previously. You're a dude of logic, and I can tell you don't like to gamble :) but you must, and it's fair.
Mathematically speaking I don't quite agree with you because prepatch in a lot of circumstances backdashing forces whiffs...and punishing whiffs are the easiest punishers, it's the reason why iGDR is useful. In a way the mechanics of backdash operate similarly to quick stepping. The reward is VERY heavy on successful backdashes albeit not on everything but how much do u need anyway. Quite often if you're quick with Cervy you get iGDR for free, I don't think any other character can whiff punish so efficiently due to the nature of that attack.
Remember also punishing backstep is still difficult for some characters...sure Mitsu get's B6 but only if he KNOWS you will backdash, the move is linear and high, so you won't see it often unless YOU backdash liberally. In that case you deserved it and again it is fair. I maybe wrong but prepatch and all Mitsu could've B6d your backdash and punish

I don't want to derail things too much, but the major issue I see is that SCV can't really parse the difference between general movement and utility movement at the system level. In other words, movement to create a space or to realign a position is just as vulnerable as movement to get big damage. Think of this: Mitsu wants you in 2KB range, because that's where he's most threatening. His overall moves have excellent frames, so it's really not too bad of an idea to keep attacking no matter what. As such, your best pre-patch bet for controlling him was to try maintaining a spacing beyond 2KB and baiting whiffs.

Let's say you've achieved that spacing right now. Mitsu wants to correct that, so he taps 6~G to take a baby step forward with almost 0 vulnerable frames, placing you in threat range. The only way you can re-establish this spacing in response to his mostly safe forward step is to expose yourself to something in the neighborhood of 20 frames of CH vulnerability. That's a bad bet, so you're really better off staying put and employing the relatively less risky tactic of jamming AA, BB, 2A, etc.

Combine that with the fact that backdash has success conditions which don't grant damage, and the numbers really shift. Essentially, I have no beef with risky movement, but I object to movement so risky that it profoundly discourages spatial awareness and positioning in high-level play.

Kind of on/off topic. Maybe answered elsewhere but this thread I keep an eye on. What's the best option after a back turned B+K now? I've been playing online and have just been doing BBB. That's lame. Any ideas? Second question, how often do you guys use the quake(2 B+K)? I'm scubby but I feel is a great move. Would like more insight from experienced players.

Kind of on/off topic. Maybe answered elsewhere but this thread I keep an eye on. What's the best option after a back turned B+K now? I've been playing online and have just been doing BBB. That's lame. Any ideas? Second question, how often do you guys use the quake(2 B+K)? I'm scubby but I feel is a great move. Would like more insight from experienced players.

Best option for BT B+K is iGDR or 3B followed by combo of choice.
2(B+K) actually has some gimmicky applications, but I don't think it's something to be used with amazing frequency, since people will start adapting. Still, if you ground an opponent at an awkward range (think tip of the quake) and they're near a wall or edge, it's something to consider on rare occasion. This is particularly true if you've been dashing in to apply serious wakeup pressure. Sometimes opponents will commit to a tech and not pay attention to what you're doing, allowing the quake to hit.

Thanks for the input. I've been using 3B since you said that and it works...sometimes. Maybe it's lag or me not doing it fast enough but it does get blocked from time to time after they get hit by my back turned B+K. Has anyone else had this happen? And my game plan is now get meter, use said meter on 4B(BE). Then use anti step options and win. It's not pretty but it's been getting the job done.

I've never had issues with 3B getting blocked, except on one wonky side hit where it looked like only one blade actually hit my opponent during the BT B+K.

Its really hard to do a top 10 for Cervantes since so many of his moves are so good and work so well together. Heres my list, not including useful universals like AA,2A/2K etc because we all know they're great. In no particular order:

1) 3B - Fantastic launcher. Great range, always launches, always leads to crazy damage if you can iGDR. However, it is really linear and just a little slow. This plus the fact that people know to block high vs Cervantes means you have to work to hit with this move. Still, great in mixups, great as a whiff punisher. Usually, 3B is a bit too slow to use as a block punisher.
However - as good as this move is, it becomes much, much better with just guard. Your 100 damage whiff punisher just became a 100 damage block punisher, which is HUGE.
Also a very respectable option on a knockdown with long range, but again its linear and I feel that Cervantes always has a better oki option.

2) iGDR - This was always gong to be there. Its how you get your monster Cerv damage, so get in the lab and train! Its the ultimate combo filler, combo ender, it tech traps well too, even into itself, but it doesn't catch all directions. A good Cerv needs to be able to incorporate iGDR into combos. BUT - never just iGDR cold. iGDR is really unsafe and you will eat a backthrow or worse. So many new Cerv players make the mistake of pulling out iGDR when they're just learning to do it, especially when they've just learned it and are all excited that they can iGDR. Don't fall into that trap or you'll pay dearly for it.
iGDR is also inferior to 3B as a whiff punish imo - iGDR has ever so slightly more range, but 3B range is huge anyway. 3B is practically safe, iGDR is super punishable on block. 3B hits in 19 frames, iGDR in 17 + however long it takes Cervantes to travel to the other guy. In most cases, Cerv's travel time is longer than 2 frames, so stick to 3B for your whiff punishes and iGDR to combo once you've launched them.

3) CE - My god, this move is so good! A 10 frame unblockable with infinite range, Cerv's CE is easily one of the best moves in the game. Definite contender for best CE in the game due to its versatility and how well it works with Cervantes, who due to huge meterless damage is always sitting on meter. This move is:
  • A 10(!) frame punish - this opens so many doors!
  • An incredible interrupt - again, so many doors are opened with this move! CE is an awesome panic button under pressure if you pick your moments.
  • A great way to add damage onto most combos.
  • Great for positioning/ringout - try 3B, 8B+K, CE (all as early as possible) for yourself and watch how far it sends the opponent flying
  • Great way to start Cervantes' wall game, the above combo wallsplats from miles away and thats just one way it helps his wall game.
  • 2 CEs gives him a 110 damage B throw. Expensive, but very scary for the other guy.
  • You can tack CE onto so many moves for added damage. Needs testing but vs Asta/NM alone, I've been hitting CE after 33A, 44A, 22AA, 6A+B, any dread charge option (including DC A on hit OR block), B+K GI, A+B GI at range and I'm sure there's more. That's just off the top of my head.
Yes its linear, high and can be ducked after a super flash. But you don't use it when they're just standing there anyway. The only "weakness" to this move is that the damage of one CE on its own is somewhat mediocre, but it damn well should be given how great it is. Why does Cervantes need more damage anyway? Its Cervantes! Everything else he does hurts a LOT!
If you want more damage & decent oki, try tacking on a 33B after a CE knockdown until they learn to tech. There, now it really hurts, just like everything else.
Oh and in most cases, remember to only CE once despite the fact that it combos into itself. In most cases. The threat of having another CE stocked is waaaaay more powerful than that extra 30-35 damage.
Seriously, this move deserves its own thread. Its too good!

4) 1A:B - I can't say enough good things about this move. A fast, near unseeable low that destroys step and leads to 70 damage on counter? Whats not to like! Apart from the fact that its very unsafe, but you can't have everything. 1A:B would be broken if it wasn't unsafe. This move works in perfect synergy with the rest of Cervantes' moveset, like so much other stuff he has, because it gives the opponent a very good reason to block low in conjunction with Cerv's great throw game.

5) 2A+B - This is Cerv's go to move after a knockdown and the death of rollers everywhere. Keep doing it until they learn that they just have to get up and take your mixup. Sadly it misses vs tech but Cerv has options for that (I've been using 1A:B and 3A a lot for techers lately). Also good in the stand up game as its pretty safe and forces crouch which is very nice. Does anyone else think that this move gets stepped way more than it should though? Also, the range is less than you think. Use it at close/mid range, not mid range.

6) 33B - I love this move. Great range, damage and guard meter damage. Its speed is fine for what it does. iGDR after a knockdown for huge damage! Also can be very nice when the opponent is knocked down. Only weakness? Its super linear, weak to step and side tech. If you overuse it, you will get stepped or worse (Asta 22B BE, anyone?) so you have to be careful. Teach the other guy that stepping is BAD vs Cerv, with moves like 1A:B and...

7) 66A/33A - I like them both. I really like 66A especially. Fast step killer with great range that knocks down and is really quite safe indeed. 33A is slower but GIs all mids (except kicks/stabs) and you can tack on a CE vs some chars if you need to.

8) 4B BE - In the past I would ignore this move in favour of Cervantes' CE and that certainly is an effective way to play as you almost always have at least one CE in reserve. But recently I've been using 4B BE more and more and am realising that it is too good to pass up. Of course, if it hits thats great, you can then iGDR, combo ender for ~85-100 damage depending on what you do. But its all about the advantage on block! Cervantes finds it so hard to get advantage on block that this move can be a godsend. What is it, +8? Instant mixup button.It is slower than iGDR, but you can still use this like you thought you could use iGDR when you first learned it. Be careful at range though, as good players can and will step this! I have died to more than enough Asta 22B BE combos to know you can't pull this off at range with impunity. If you're careful though, this move is great.
Please though Cerv players, can we stop just going for bt B+K as soon as we use this, or any situation where we're backturned? That move is great but is really easy to step/ just guard the way most Cerv players use it. Remember you can throw as well, or my personal favourite, G -> mid if they start ducking the throw. Remember to mix up your mixups! :)

9) Throws - Cervantes has a great throw game with nice range and good damage (potentially REALLY good) on his throws. A throw is 50 and rings out, B throw is 65 with iGDR. If you absolutely have to, 2 CEs after a B throw is 110 damage. doing this is usually a waste of meter, but incredibly damaging for a throw and so can be an important option at times.
Personally, I never use the A throw BE. There are too many ways to miss and then there goes a 4B BE or your CE. Even in range, the yellow flash is a dead giveaway to break A. Even if it hits, yes 70 damage is nice but you just paid half a meter for 20 extra damage. I would only think its worth it to mix up with B throw, CE, CE at the end of a match.
Anyway, Cervantes' throws are a great way to get more damage and teach your opponent to duck along with 1A:B. To be honest, I get the feeling that I'm missing something with his throw game as while its real useful, people everywhere are saying its the best thing ever. If anyone has the time to really go in depth on his throw game, I know I'd appreciate it.

10) aB - Its a tossup for me between this and A+B/B+K for a spot on Cerv's top 10 Really, for me, he needs a top 11! The sheer speed of aB, 11 frames is too much to ignore and lets Cervantes punish so much stuff without meter. The range is great for what this move does. Even if the first hit whiffs, the second usually wont (although this does result in a slightly slower, slightly weaker punish). the damage is also great for a move that punishes so much, 40 damage is more than enough for a move that you can get so much mileage out of. It's mid as well, so hits crouchers. The weakness is that it's unsafe. It should be! Could you imagine the aB spam pressure if this move was actually safe? Also, it can be tricky for some players to punish at times due to the odd block stun timing so sometimes you can get away with it. Like many of Cerv's other moves, use with care and it will win you match after match.
Just be careful about how you maintain your offensive afterwards - there's slight, but noticeable, disadvantage on hit.

Ah, screw it:

11) A+B/B+K GI - There are too many uses for Cerv's auto GIs for them not to earn a spot on my list. They've saved me too many times. They've ruined too many attack strings! In a game where GIs cost meter, and meter turns Cervantes from an incredible character into an ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE character, you can't ignore the GIs. A+B catches horizontal and rings out behind. B+K catches horizontals. No kicks sadly, but GI the opponent at range with A+B and you can CE afterwards depending on the character. Same with B+K at any range. Do be careful though, sometimes at range the ranged option for A+B or B+K can whiff due to it being off axis. This is really the kind of move you want to test on specific stuff before taking it into a match, but once you do its really strong and can make the other opponent feel really limited. Check the aGI thread to see just how useful they can be.

Honourable mentions go to 1B+K G cancel, 66B, bt B+K, bK, 44AB/44[A+B], 6A (god I love this move, it leaves them BT!) and 4B+K - another move that deserves its own thread. I might get on that.

That was pretty long but theres a lot of info there. tl;dr version:

1) 3B
2) iDGR
3) CE
4) 1A:B
5) 2A+B
6) 33B
7) 66A/33A
8) 4B BE
9) Throws
10 ) aB slide
11) A+B/B+K GI

Pretty accurate. I'd like to add 1B+K Cancel Mixups. It makes them freeze since BT B+K is so damaging, its basically a free throw attempt, you can cancel into BE throw, into 1AB etc. What is important is it makes them freeze, which is good for Cervantes.

I really want to upload some Vids of me, but i dont have recording equipment...maybe the weekend, just to show the use of 1B+K~G.

Also i like your name, i give myself nicknames of physicists etc all the time :)

Wow Heisenberg that is an extensive list. Looks like it came out of the future press guide lol. As far as the CE goes, I never use the thing. All and I mean all my meter goes toward 4B(BE). If you can get your opponent to not step it. I've said it before this move can be the core of Cervy offense. The range is scary for a move this fast. Its amazing on block. It's a free mix up. You get two chances to cause a ton of damage. The initial hit or the follow up after block. Heisenberg you dont care for the B+K follow up? It's amazing when you abuse the throw mix up with it. On hit BT B+K gives you a full 3B follow up! Stupid damage! On a somewhat related note, I'm starting to not care for iGDR. I know everyone is going to rip me for having no execution but this thing gets me killed. It's great early in a round or match for that matter. But when it comes down toward the end I stay away from the damn thing. His other combo filler is good enough and consistent. NoFaceKiller lost final round final match at SC5 World Championship. He landed B throw and I believe he went for iGDR. He got DC GDR instead. Lost the win. Cervys oki is so good, why take the chance with the iGDR? The damage I know, but he gets his damage anyway! I don't know. I'm scubby, but if you can get it 100% of the time. More power to you.

HouseofMC:

4B BE is great but in my experience, overusing it at range against a good player tends to lead to my own demise. Luckily its a fantastic move at all ranges, but there isn't really any way to "get your opponent to not step it" at range when this is easy to do on reaction. Of course, that doesn't mean I never use it at range, I just use it less from far away and more at a range where it is harder to deal with on reaction.
Using meter only for 4B BE is certainly a viable style and many players do just that. However, I would strongly urge you and anyone else to play around with CE for a few matches just to realise its potential, which is immense. It just strengthens Cervantes' game so much and in so many ways. I used to use meter exclusively on CE, but now I use both and am reaping the rewards.

Also, I do really like BT B+K, it is an awesome, damaging followup to 4B BE and other bt situations. What I don't like is seeing every Cervantes player and their mother going almost exclusively for B+K as soon as they're backturned. It makes us really predictable and ruins what should be a really strong position. I'm trying to place emphasis on the importance of mixing up options when BT, because thats exactly what it is - a mixup.

I think you have a really valid point with iGDR. Incorporating the move into your game is a double edged sword. the move makes Cerv's damage ridiculous, but using iGDR is accepting that sometimes the move will fail and sometimes those failures will lose matches. I haven't seen the NFK match yet but I will.
The other day I was posting the matches Hates put up in the match vid thread and there is no better illustration of this point. Hates was playing fantastically for a long time and was winning matches. His execution with iGDR was really, really impressive. However, towards the end, he just wasn't feeling the iGDR and you could tell. There were a lot of failed attempts and it must have been frustrating!
It got so bad by the end that he was trying to pull it off cold from standing, as if to get over that mental block of not being able to iGDR so that he could get on with the match. IMO, this went a long way towards getting him killed. I have been in the exact same situation and reacted the exact same way as Hates did, so...many...times. I'm sure many other Cerv players have been there too.
This is no bad reflection on Hates at all. He is a great player and that is the point. If it can happen to him, it can happen to anyone.
The longwinded point I'm trying to make is that while iGDR is great, we need to be able to switch at a moments notice when we just aren't feeling it. Otherwise, we run the risk of the number 1 anti Cervantes strategy being "lol wait for him to mess up iGDR". I'm thinking that what you mentioned, more iGDR at the start of the match, less at the end, is a great way of maximising effectiveness while minimising important mistakes. Personally, I'm probably going to start replacing iGDR with 4B BE in combos towards match end for a while, see how that goes. 1 BE for 85-100 damage is a fine trade.

Docvizzo:

You're right on the money with 1B+K~G, I gave it an honourable mention because it is such an awesome way of opening up the other guy. You're right, 1B+K~G is pretty much a free throw attempt/1A:B and the way it gets the other opponent to freeze up is just amazing. If you can get some recording equipment up, I'd love to see your matches as I've been reading your posts for a long time. It would be good to see all that knowledge in an actual match.

As for my name, thanks :) Not only do I love breaking bad, but the actual Heisenberg's most famous principle fits quite well with my own Soul Calibur philosophy. More than almost any other fighting game, with SC, the more you know, the less certain you can be due to a lack of catch all situations (*cough* SF4 *cough*) and the more you realise that you have to rely on your mind games and good guesses.
This is why I love SC - you can study frames, character matchups etc and stack the cards in your favour - but sooner or later, you're still gonna have to gamble! You need some serious balls to play this game well :)

Heisenberg I have to agree with you on the issue of "getting your opponent not to step your 4B(BE)". I played a ton of matches today. The ones I lost were the matches that I got stepped a ton. I HATE WASTING METER! Wiffing BEs are the bane of my game plan. I talked enough about 4B(BE). How about 44B. This move hasn't gotten much love in this thread. But I tend to use it with great success. It's not as good as Mitsurugis 4B but it does the same thing. Avoids a lot and it's range is fantastic. ( I see a tend forming of me abusing verticals). I not sure but it seems to break guard quickly as well. One of the few moves Cervy has to do that. I like quake afterward. It sets it up very nicely.

I just wanted to voice my input. Ill start off with saying, I am an online player only, I play Cervantes "unconventionally". But, it is how I comfortably play him, and I do it successfully. I have mained him since sc4. I don't know all the lingo you guys use the 6ab and all that, so please bear with me in my explanation.

I play mostly off of prediction, and understanding how my opponent plays more then I do about what character he is..

As always, igdr is great.

whether it be igdr or just DC gdr, I like to follow with down+b, small damage, but its damage, I find that most players immediate reaction is roll backwards, and block. I follow through with his forward UA gun shot, primarily because its fast, and it catches many off guard. At this point putting them at a distance, I get back into DC, and judge my next move off of them. They block high, I do the K, (I have the just timing down) they step, I gdr to a wall, or away from them.

The backwards teleport to gdr. I use this defensively. For a character that is constantly pushing on you, this will make them miss, and not have enough time to block. I notice nobody really speaks of, or rarely uses this attack, but again, I'm unconventional.

I like the lower leg sweeps, sidestep+a. Quick, and a low attack.

DC fakes, to DC dash. when Theres distance, and they are a quicker class, such as natsu. I realize also, everyone thinks this is useless, and don't use it. Because of it, I exploit its unpredictability. When they're stepping, and you keep dc faking, they'll move forward. Ill DC dash, and get a quick A in, gets momentum flowing in my favor against quicker opponents.

My favorite BE combo, igdr BE to A+G BE. After either blocking, or getting hit by igdrbe, people tend to stand up and block. There is more then plenty time in either case to follow with the throw. High damage. In totality.

And the traditional diagonaldown B, to shooting them in the air, to the downward vertical.

I also like staying backwards at a distance with a missed gdr. The a+k backwards stab will generally catch them.

And solar flare, people never use this either, because its "predictable" and "easily avoidable" I agree 100%. But, there are circumstances I use it. Primarily if they're grounded, and wont stand up. If it doesn't hit them, or they block it, I follow with a simple BBB. Everyone knows at the end of bbb that its unsafe, and you usually get hit. They'll almost always come right back at you if blocked. Which is when I use the backward teleport, again, they don't have time to block.

Sorry for the winded response. I already get the hatemail on xbl about Me being a cheap bastard, and that I'm garbage, etc, I don't need it here too lol. I know my style is odd, but thats how I like to play.

Non-Hateful criticism/ comments are more then welcomed.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Zultane and welcome to the discussion. Your play style shares much with mine with one big difference. Its very very unsafe. The moves you have listed all have their uses. But the reason they aren't talk about much is there uses are limited and again unsafe. If your not getting severely punished for them, the people you play don't know Cervy or punishment in general. I love his gimmicky stuff as much as anyone. It does have it's place from time to time. Try playing a safer Cervy. He plays that game well. In place of 4 A+B, try 44 B. It's not going to give you a launch but your not going to lose half your life if it's blocked. You've been playing for awhile, I'm sure you know your unsafe. Do you have alot of success with your erratic move set? If you could elaborate more on why you've chosen your moves that would be great.

I do have good success with it, but like everyone else, you never win 100 % of the time. On sc4 I had a 71% win ratio, I just got sc5, and after starting ranked matches, I'm 14-5.

If I understand it correctly, your 44b means that back step poke like mits right? I do use that too, but it depends on the matchup, and player type. If its somebody like asta, sig, etc, because of their range, ill use the teleport, it gives more distance, and they don't have as much time to cancel, and get back into guard. I will also use it when I'm at the edges of the ring (not walls) it puts you outside, and they can't hit you, ill either hit them, or it'll get me away from that edge. I hate losing to ring outs.

Also, I'm sure you're talking about my choice in the forward gun for downed opponents. Its kind of hard to explain without showing.

For close combat, I interrupt with just regular ol' aa. I find that after you land two, people tend to swing back, which by that time, I can either get guard up, or move.

I know Its not the sc4 forum, but back then, I was really good at impacts, with the removal of it, I am practicing incorporating the "new" impacts of sc5. I'll follow up later this week when I'm back in town.

Anyone Feel free to add me on xbl VerticalLotus2, I'd like to show people how I play.

Zultane I know what you mean by forward gun(6 B+K) after knockdown. I use it myself sometimes. Like 3B into B2, then if they tech back they get blasted in the face with the gun. It's ok the first time your opponent has seen it. After that, it's easy to avoid. Try 44A+B after a knockdown. It's unblockable, hits mid and juggles for 100+ damage. It's not useful after they have seen it but you can catch people with it. You seem to play a risky unsafe play style. Happy it works for you. But if you get baited with those moves you should die. You mentioned DC earlier. It's ok... And DC GDR is bad! Most Cery players get this move by accident and then get punished for it. You sound like you play a defensive game right? What would happen if you opponent played the same way? Just sat back and waited for you. How would you open them up? DC mix ups? I think in SC5 Cervy can play any game. Get in your face and stay there for the most part, or work mid to far range. I have liked how the top 10 has changed a bit from when the game was released. Zultane or anyone else for that matter, what do you think are Cervys top 10 moves as of now?

I do play defensively for the most part, though I can get aggressive.

For opponents staying long range, and how I bait them, I Do a, few different things. As mentioned earlier, DC fakes (its what Me and my brother call it) is one. To elaborate what I mean, going into DC, and allowing it to time out, or guarding out. Until Theres an opening. For instance if they start rushing to me, ill gdr, if they slowly move in, or are side stepping, I'll wait till they're within range, and ill dash to a forward forward A, its quick and good anti step. If they're just moving backwards, I'll do the gun shot, kind of as a "hey, I'm not going anywhere, but i can hit you from back here"

To elaborate on my DC GDR, under spamming circumstances, yes its too risky, and its a good way to easily get punished. I will use it to go towards a wall or corner, and bounce back at them. Alot of people, once they see you "miss" them, they rush at you. By then, you're bouncing off the wall back at them. I don't use it as a main attack for close-mid range, due to the fact that its so damn easy to block.

The reason I like DC, is because its a "multiple threat preparation" they think to themselves (how I picture it) "ok, he's in DC, what's he gonna do next?" more or less like sigs stances. I like to keep them confused.

Also, I exploit the fact that people generally don't expect "terrible" or "useless" moves. I've still never seen anyone use DC dash, but I do. Its not "useless" per say, its strictly situational. Same with solar flare, "Ok, he's in DC, I'm laying on the ground, ill let him fly over me, or wait till it cancels out." (again how I see it) They don't expect solar flare, and off of reaction, its difficult to catch a guard, from laying down.

Again, I know my style is radical, strange, and at times, risky. Or sometimes called "garbage, noob, etc" But its non cookie cutter, and hard to predict is why I play that way.

Unfortunately, most of these are very see-able on reaction. A good player will simply obliterate you.

His Dread Charge game can be easily avoided with option selects. If the player knows that he/she will severely punish you on reaction.

My advice to you is to never underestimate a player. Always play like you are against a SC veteran. Because they do know what moves aren't supposed to be used, etc. Stay safe!

Back