Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

although some people jusy dont know how to react to CERVY, so sometimes you can mix them up.

That's pretty much the only reason I ever win, lol. Everyone knows I'm garbage. ;]

As far as iTP through strings, I haven't played an Amy that's been totally predictable with 3b,a in a while. If I know it's coming, sometimes I'll go for it, but usually it's easier to just jump, or block it and take your +9 for a mixup. It's not like this is pre patch where it slammed on your soul gauge all game, lol. The timing is tight on a lot of the strings that he can iTP through, so you've got to be absolutely sure the string is coming. This is not usually that easy against solid players, but it's definitely a good skill to have in your back pocket.

The other problem with that is that if you miss the timing, often times you're getting CH'd, not hit out of the air, since the tech jump window didn't activate yet. So if you iTP to dodge a low, and they do a mid, that's not quite as bad because you're hit out of the air, so long as they don't do the mid too early. Basically just gotta know whether or not you have enough time to cover the 7 frames or so where you're just standing there with your arms crossed lol.

Actually funny thought Cervy v Cervy can he b2 him out of iTP? That'd be hot lol.

I don't know if these were listed, but I was experimenting with Cervantes today. I was looking for good 2-3 hit combos;

CH :4::A:+:K:, :(4)::B: | 61~63 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(1)::B: | 58 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :aK: | 56 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(4)::K: |54~56 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :3::A:+:B: | 52~54 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(6)::B: | 53~54 damage

There's more to list for CH :4::A:+:K:, these are just some I experimented with. They're pretty minimal damage though.

:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :3::A:+:B: | 63~65 damage
:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :B::2: | 64 damage
:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :(4)::B: | 74~76 damage

Again, minimal damage- minimal combos. Hope this helps a little it.

also;
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(2)::B:, :2::B:+:K: | 84 damage
This one is pretty decent, though the opponent can either tech right or left to escape his :(2)::B: . If they tech normal, forward, or backward :(2)::B: will catch them in a tech, though the end result after :2::B:+:K: damage is 53- the CH :4::A:+:K: hits 31 whichs adds up to 84 still.

I don't know if these were listed, but I was experimenting with Cervantes today. I was looking for good 2-3 hit combos;

CH :4::A:+:K:, :(4)::B: | 61~63 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(1)::B: | 58 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :aK: | 56 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(4)::K: |54~56 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :3::A:+:B: | 52~54 damage
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(6)::B: | 53~54 damage

There's more to list for CH :4::A:+:K:, these are just some I experimented with. They're pretty minimal damage though.

:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :3::A:+:B: | 63~65 damage
:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :B::2: | 64 damage
:(4)::A:+:B: UB (cancel), :(4)::B: | 74~76 damage

Again, minimal damage- minimal combos. Hope this helps a little it.

also;
CH :4::A:+:K:, :(2)::B:, :2::B:+:K: | 84 damage
This one is pretty decent, though the opponent can either tech right or left to escape his :(2)::B: . If they tech normal, forward, or backward :(2)::B: will catch them in a tech, though the end result after :2::B:+:K: damage is 53- the CH :4::A:+:K: hits 31 whichs adds up to 84 still.

44A+B 4A+K 3B does like 70 or 80 i dont remember

Aye guys im putting together a little tira and cervy combo/other video and i dont have very much extra flashy stuff after my last two vids. So any idea that you think would be pretty hot :)

oh ya i found that and i was going to put it in but the dmg scaleing is rediculous :) Also tech traps and glichy stuff would be cool if anyone knows anything.

Well, CH 3B, 8A+BB+K, WR A~T!... go from there baba, well known tech trap I'm guessing, catches all directions, you can probably double up a 1/2 life wall combo with it right??? Find 1 tech trap wall combos that kill the opponent, that'd be cool... Send me a message when you're finished, man...

actually what i do know is 2B+K fully charged after 8A+B:B+K cause if they dont tech its 73 dmg and if they do the quake catches all directions and once they completly stop teching 22B :)

babalook did you invent CH3B 8A+B:B+K 2[B+K]? Let me tell you, that move is awesome; perhaps the best move you've ever invented. I'm utilizing it more in my game now.

Also during CH3B, 8A+B pushes the airborne opponent pretty far.

If the opponent falls for 2[B+K] tech trap, then I use 2A+B setup as I think itz the best option after the tech trap.

Also I was thinking of this if the opponent knows itz best to stay on the ground and allowing themselves to get hit by 2[B+K] instead of that I may get tricky and do 22B as you've posted earlier then do an iGDR 28B follow up which leads to 92dmg!

babalook did you invent CH3B 8A+B:B+K 2[B+K]? Let me tell you, that move is awesome; perhaps the best move you've ever invented. I'm utilizing it more in my game now.

Also during CH3B, 8A+B pushes the airborne opponent pretty far.

If the opponent falls for 2[B+K] tech trap, then I use 2A+B setup as I think itz the best option after the tech trap.

Also I was thinking of this if the opponent knows itz best to stay on the ground and allowing themselves to get hit by 2[B+K] instead of that I may get tricky and do 22B as you've posted earlier then do an iGDR 28B follow up which leads to 92dmg!

i think i did and after the quake if they did tech if you do 66K the 2[B+K] works the same way. And docvisso i just figure if im going to finally land a CH 3B i dont want any possibility of messing it up and the iGDR 28B leaves you with like no wake up the 2[B+K] allows you to dash in and do 1K/3B which the opponent cant beatout from what i know or you can do 11B which can only be avoided by rolling left i think.

i think i did and after the quake if they did tech if you do 66K the.....

Lol NO you didnt....

I quote Millionz from more than a year ago:

CH 3B iTP B+K 2[B+K] (75 damage) (this combo is from feiwong which gave me the idea of the combo above)

The 2[B+K] seems to tech trap all directions. In some cases the 2[B+K] will just hit them (if they tech left for example) and in other instances the tremor will hit them (tech right or backward) in which you get free damage.

@ Babalook

I know him, alreday played him, he's out of my city in Germany...
He is a german and on the weekend we researched that stuff together via pm, not a Cervantes player so he asked me about it. Btw he is very good, one of our newer players....

There is just a big problem: It does not work.

When you record Cervantes it seems like the recovery of 6 is 1-2 Frames less than when you actually play him. So you can do iGDR 1-2 Frames earlier and hit the opponent when he gsts still handled as "normal standing".

When you play Cervantes it does not work, its a "recording" bug as far we have found out. But 6 fits into the Re-GI Window and 1A is a full tech trap for around 100 DMG.

Back