Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

Are you sure it's not a techtrap? Or maybe it depends on the range?

But it could be a training mode glitch too. When I found that Ivy can catch airborne opponent with iCS (
) it somehow worked without setting ukemi, and I thought it was "guaranteed" but it turned out that it was a training mode bug, because CPU holds [G] during launch even though he isn't supposed to... so it's only a techtrap.

Hey Ring,

yeah im pretty sure. I tried so many times and the iGDR relaunches before the opponent even touches the ground. Its a pity, the Damage is SICK. Post GI would be good and im pretty sure you can hitcheck 6{B}{B}...

Btw Cervantes has also this catch out of the air stuff. Its avoidable with Air control but like you said only works if they press Guard...

ch 3B~44A~Throw or just 3B~A~Throw etc...

But of course feel free to test this stuff again. Hitting 6{B}{B} needs some practice. I advice you to you use 2 seperate B Buttons, otherwise its really tough.

Yes, you are right Docvizzo. It's record option bug.

Range doesn't matter, if it would, then it would be 100% guaranteed close the wall where iGDR is always in his full speed.

The problem is not in faster 6{B}{B} recovery in recording. I checked some moves (cervy 6K and Setska 6A) and I find that there was the same situation after blocking 6{B}{B}. When Setska was first and Cervy was in recording mode making 6{B}{B} to 6K there was a trade hit. And when Cervy was first and Setska was in recording there was also trade hit. So the frame data looks the same.

The problem is probably with iGDR or maybe even buffered 214 that makes recovery of 6{B}{B} get shortened, like you said about 1-2 frames, no more. I checked similiar situations where once cervy was making 6{B}{B} iGDR on 1P where he was getting hit by setska B+K 95% of time. And situation where cervy was P2 on recording mode, making 6{B}{B} iGDR, where he was trading with Setska B+K about 100% of time. So during recording mode iGDR was executing 1-2 frames faster.

Lol, so it took a bug of the recording mode to make you post the first time since over a year??

Nice one :)

It would have been to good i guess, even if its linear as hell, post GI would be quite nice....

Your back into business?

greets,doc.

xD

No, Ring asked me what I’m thinking about this bug since I was always good in system and mechanics and I known that stuff really well. So I found this quite interesting, and I checked it:P.

And until our scene is dead or namco will not release a new SC I don’t think I will play it seriously.

I want to make the Cervy thread alive again so I'll be updating Cervy's list of combo and RO setups combining new and already mentioned combos.

For now this is just beta as there maybe some info I'm incorrect on and/or missing.

Combo Openers & Setups

:3::B:
->:8::A:+:K: 3:A:+:B: <-as Nori mentioned, take his description for it.
->:8::A:+:K: iGDR :2::8::B: <-best used if opponent's back is facing you, a slight delay in executing iGDR:2::8::B: may work but it's not guaranteed.
->iGDR :2::8::B: <-best guaranteed move, with good damage and decent wake-up.

iGDR
->:(2):_:(8)::B: :8::A:+:K: iGDR :2::8::B: <-as Nori mentioned, take his word for it.

CH:3::B:
->:8::A:+:K: x 3 (usually x 2) iGDR :2::8::B: <-good damage with decent wake-up; very hard to hit with 3 times the :8::A:+:K:.
->:(2):_:(8):B :8::A:+:K: iGDR :2::8::B:
->:8::A:+:B:::B:+:K:
->iGDR :2::8::B:
->:2::(B):+:(K): <-Tech trap setup if opponent quickly gets up.​
->:(2):_:(8)::B: iGDR :2::8::B: <-A good mix-up if opponent stays down.​
->:(2):_:(8)::A: W!<-Make sure the opponent is near the side of the wall
->iGDR setup.​
->CH:3::B: setup.​
I'll stop here for now; I haven't touched on the RO section yet. NEwayz hope you love the way I organize things and help these combos are some use to you. I'll edit or post another list of updates later on.

214B(perfect input), 22B, 8A+K, 236B(perfect input), 28B is quite difficult but is a fantastic combo too.
sc1crv1.gif

Hey Cervantes players I haven't posted much in this S.A. but I consider myself a decent cervantes. I have some questions though. So here they are.
Does anyone use While rising K? Frames on this move are actually good.
What wall combo are you guys sticking to and what is/are your follow up(s) of choice after iGDR Near a wallsince youre off axis? I had a very close match yesterday and the 22B whiff nearly got me killed. I'm thinking iTS or B2.

===EDIT==== Sorry for the off topic post i cant find a a general discussion thread.

Hey Cervantes players I haven't posted much in this S.A. but I consider myself a decent cervantes. I have some questions though. So here they are.
Does anyone use While rising K? Frames on this move are actually good.
What wall combo are you guys sticking to and what is/are your follow up(s) of choice after iGDR Near a wallsince youre off axis? I had a very close match yesterday and the 22B whiff nearly got me killed. I'm thinking iTS or B2.

===EDIT==== Sorry for the off topic post i cant find a a general discussion thread.

WR K is pretty goood. I always kick myself when I should use it instead of WR A but sometimes I et carried away.
Looking at the wiki, it says the i16 -9 on block and +2 on normal hit. CH is unknown.

I lifeted this from one of my other posts about wallcombos

CH 2A+B WRA 4KK for a wall slam in front

3B combos
4KK -> wall slam -> CH 3B into launcher combos. You can also use 4KK:B+K with this and any time you use 4KK wall slam as well but its not needed. I dont even think it grants that much extra damage tbh.

Options from CH 3B are of course
22B etc - I call this I hate you launcher combo since Hates uses this move after CH 3Bs with grat success. The trick is the timing. This combo gurantees a lot of damage. if you pull this one off then you have Great Execution.

4A+K -> 2B+K for easy guranteed damage. Becareful of Tech Ukimi after 4A+K. Simplist and easiest combo after CH 3B. This is a BnB combo. Execution level - Hella easy.

22/88A -> wallslam. - This one is really cool, deffinitly on of the more painful things you can do someone if you are at the right angle. First of all you have to the Version that doesnt make you spin for best effect imo. Kira made this combo famous at NEC XI. I recomend checking out the vids.

8A+B:B+K or iTP:B+K - This one is tricky. Especially on the wall. iTP could work depending the angle, But I wouldnt use it. f you get it though, then your looking like ChangsFd, which is godly. 8A+B:B+K can cause a wall slam in front much like 22/88A depending on distance. If it does not and causes ground slide. you can use iGDR28B for max damamge but it might whiff. You get a free tech trap after 8A+B:B+K after a launcher.
from here your options are
4KK -> intial wall slam -> :B+K -> bA -> 3A+B -> into tech trap - This combo is really tricky to pull off in a good match. If you do use it then this shows excellent execution ability. This combo also hurtls like hell. Easily can take 2/3 of lifebar (this is including the tech trap works) if done properly.

4KK -> wall slam 66B Wall slam into any option. You can even land iFCA+Bx8. Personally i recomend A+B after 66B.

There are more combos but these are the ones I generally use.

I was half awake when I wrote that, My eye sight isnt that great and thought it wasa ? mark. my bad.

Thanks a lot Egg, I didn't know your options were so open after 66B. I've been using A+B into a mixup, 3A+B, or a 2nd 66B.

Back