Character aesthetics for SoulCalibur 6

Crimzin

[12] Conqueror
A thread to discuss all the character design choices you want for characters in the upcoming SoulCalibur.

Maybe there is a concept art that you think should be translated to the game, or a character needs a design overhaul?

We don't know the full roster yet, so any character from the series is fair game.

Pyrrha - 1p- a breastplate with the Elk shield’s symbol, heart shaped to recall the chained heart theme from her sc5 outfit, over an asymetric tunic and leather boots/gloves. Neutral or dark grays and blues. Maaaaybe a pixie cut to signify a fresh start and change/growth in confidence and differentiate her from looking too much like her mom. 2p: something floral, to sorta show her learning more abt her culture but also kinda lowkey referencing the Persephone myth (Sophie being Demeter and Tira as Hades)

Talim - something inspired by tribal clothing + the elemental goddesses of pre colonial Filipino culture.

Taki - dgmw, i like the bodysuits as much as the next guy but i’d also really love an intimidating, armored look kinda like the Ninja Gaiden dude or Kotaro Fuma.

Raphael - his unused designs just look so much better to me than the Castlevania looking stuff.

Tira - really like some of the SC5 unused concepts, but for me the jester theme has been done enough. Would really love asymmetric hair length, scaly talon shaped arm/leg armor, and an Ouroburos belt buckle.

a pixie cut
No. Just no. Please never.
This will compltely ruin her looks, she is not the kind of character that should ever have this kind of hairsrtyle. Her current one perfectly suits her.
Agree with everything else though.
dgmw, i like the bodysuits as much as the next guy but i’d also really love an intimidating, armored look kinda like the Ninja Gaiden dude or Kotaro Fuma.
Bodysuit could be her P1, while proper full armor could be P2.

I don't mind if Taki has her body suit again, as it's her signature at this point, but I'd appreciate it not looking painted on and actually looking like clothing.
This is a good example of a proper body suit.
As far as her 2P, something like this would be pretty cool.

Also, I'm not sure about a pixie cut for Pyrrha, necessarily.
Not opposed to shorter hair but a pixie may look a little off. Love the breastplate idea though.

Cassandra: First of all they need to not use her face from SC4, make her face look more like it did in SC2's opening or SC3's Hi-res art.
maxresdefault.jpg

cassandra-sc3-wallpp.jpg

That's the main thing out of the way.

For her P1 outfit. Keep her classic hair (is it called a bob cut? I'm not good with this lol) I think her P1 outfit should be based off the concept art in the far right of the pic, with slight edits. Like having the bob cut with the band instead plus the addition of some pink. Blue, white, and pink are her colors and should be the colors of her P1 outfit.

cassarts.jpg

Her P2 outfit should be based on her P2 outfit from SC2 (her best look) with some slight updates.

cassandra-ss2.jpg

And please don't make her a joke character. She can have some fun like the 'ass of doom!' move, but that shouldn't be all that there is to her. I would hate for her Critical Edge to be like her Critical Finish in SC4, it was horrible.

Last edited:
Cassandra: First of all they need to not use her face from SC4, make her face look more like it did in SC2's opening or SC3's Hi-res art.

Yeah, personnaly I really like her face from SC2, and of course especially with her 2P. It would be perfect if they keep this costume (or with small changes). The concept art with this "military officer" kind of blue costume is also great !
One thing that defined the fun and aggressive personality of Cassy was her voice in SC2, with that cocky and arrogant tone. I wish they could bring back that vibe with more agressive moves and acrobatic throws. And off course some nice butt crushes x)

I've always thought that concept design was cute, so it'd be nice to have that as her 1P outfit. I think maybe the belt could be pink? Along with the trim of her boots and hair accessory.
But for her 2P I'd personally prefer something vary different from her SC2 2P, as that design has influenced both her SC3 2P and SC4 1P to some degree. I'm just a little tired of it, honestly.

But I'm definitely with you 100% on not wanting her Critical Edge to be based off her Critical Finish. That'd just be embarrassing. I think her CE should have a lot of focus on shield-pummeling and acrobatics.

Hmm true that it kinda clashes with her personality, it was just a brief thought since I wanted to think of something that looked noticably different than Soph and Cass.

Her P2 outfit should be based on her P2 outfit from SC2 (her best look) with some slight updates.

cassandra-ss2.jpg
The costume is VERY similar to her SC4 1p (except it uses her iconic 1p color palette of pink / blue / white with gold trim)
54eb16060113232e075097724ae714a9--cosplay-characters-female-characters.jpg

I bring this up because the latest gamepost vid shows TWO colour palette variations of the same outfit for Mitsurugi and Sophitia (basically preset CAS recolours). If this were the case, then the developers probably can't get too lazy with Cassandra because her both her SC4 costumes are basically recolors of prior outfits (being SC2 2p and SC3 1p respectively).

The costume is VERY similar to her SC4 1p (except it uses her iconic 1p color palette of pink / blue / white with gold trim)
54eb16060113232e075097724ae714a9--cosplay-characters-female-characters.jpg

I bring this up because the latest gamepost vid shows TWO colour palette variations of the same outfit for Mitsurugi and Sophitia (basically preset CAS recolours). If this were the case, then the developers probably can't get too lazy with Cassandra because her both her SC4 costumes are basically recolors of prior outfits (being SC2 2p and SC3 1p respectively).

Yeah they should try and refrain from just reusing the same costumes, I just really like her 2P costume from SC2 (as do the developers it seems lol). But I'd be fine with a change to something different instead of using that design for a third time.

Last edited:
I actually love Ivy's SC2 P2 (and SC1 as well, basically the same costume with different color), but i've never been a fan of that hair tho, nothing can match her default hair, perfection <3

About topic, i'd like an Artsyle that follow SC2 and SC3. SC5 art design was great as well too but not for all characters, some characters failed to looks like how they should look imo, some really looked quite different from their 2D CG portrait in their 3D model, while some others were well done. (Mitsu was the most well done 3D model in SCV imo)

I'm hoping they work a bit on Taki they way they did with Sophitia's costume update, as looking at Taki's SCI costume, I'm not too big on how plain it always is, aside from the marginal armor on the limbs and shoulders.

Considering that its a bodysuit, I'm surprised at how underutilized even that aspect of her design generally is. I was looking at something like this being good:
981177cb4245624a15131373e56cde38--female-ninja-fantasy-characters.jpg
Having extra things overtop it like bands, netting, stitching, leather pieces, more small armor plates, the scarf, wraps, the waistband, and all of that would do a lot. Do more with making her suit look more like fabric and give her more layers of accessories to make up the 'emptiness' of that bodysuit.

Last edited:
Playing SoulBlade today, I realized how much I'd like to see some more sensible outfits for the female characters again. I'd for example welcome something like this:
Sophie SE.jpg

There is a blue version of this costume in game, which looks even nicer. As I said, I'd like to see something like this again, instead of a massive cleavage on every female character.

Based on the designs of both Mitsurugi and Sophitia, it seems they are going for updated versions of SCI's costumes.

A shame because SCV was going for an approach where the characters seemed minimalistic as well, but only enough to stand out through silhouette, Within the Primary outfits were very intricate details with motifs and backstories behind them.

I don't like Cassandra's pink shield. I liked it better when it was blue and gold like Sophitia's or silver.

Back