Character aesthetics for SoulCalibur 6

I dunno, I think SCIV, which on itself was an amalgamation of her 1p in III and 2p in II, was a pretty nice direction to take her style, however I do hope that green becomes her signature colour, because white+blue has already a lot of representation in Sophitia and Xi.

Also
cassc3art3-jpg.3588

I wouldn't be too mad if they went back to the gladiator-esque design they tried to give her in III's 2P
Oh my god, I always loved looking at that scrapped valkyrie pink outfit, if they did it in SCVI, I'd scream. Just imagine how beautiful that'd look with the modern graphics combined with the beautiful lighting and Eurydice Shrine.

Oh man, you reminded me of how amazing all these costumes were, perhaps except NM. But what if they stay at one costume with two colour options as default, like we've seen so far? Think they'd do character specific costume DLCs or just left it with one costume and that's all, make your own in CAS? Or I think they might do legacy costume DLCs like in SCV and many other games.
In my mind there is no way that there is only one costume per character. And equally no way that we won't be able to make color edits freely. The colors in the builds so far are just placeholders for sure. In a perfect world, all the costumes, at least up to SoulCalibur III, would be included and unlockable, but DLC would be a more realistic alternative if we do get them.

Also had an idea for Kilik's alt being a shaolin robe half worn (sort of the same way Auron from FFX wears his coat during battles) but it looked too similar to his primary. Maybe Mitsurugi could rock that.

Can't say much for Groh.

Sophitia's I and III alts are beautiful. Probably needs more Grecian influences though. Sometimes seems valkyrie-like.

Xianghua's primaries are better with long pants but I oddly prefer her outfits with shorts. She's too cutesy/innocent for a cheongsam or whatever you call the Chinese Girl dress. She nevers seems fond of armor either as far as I know. Maybe a hairband looks good on her.

Zas's has too much of both his costumes' (since they only really changed color) elements. All I can say is that he should ditch the hood but the priest-looking robes he wears would look stupid without sleeves.

If Cassandra comes back, bob cut suits her better along with stockings. Ponytail is more suitable for an alt which leans towards the gladiatrix look.

Anyone hoping that if Amy makes a return that we finally get to see her SoulCalibur III Arcade Edition 2p featured? I do, still confused why she didn't keep it for SoulCalibur IV, instead just getting a recolor fake 2p.
She wasn't planned to enter in the main cast of SC IV, She only appeared due to fans request, so they didn't make an alternate costume or signature stage.
I wanted to post on the thread before, my cousin made this costume to her "SugarCoat" theme
sugarcoat_dress_ver__01_by_seong_br-dc86geu.jpg

Donut dress / the gem on the necklace would be a fragment of Soul Edge
unfortunately I will have to erase this image, he is very shy, pls not sharing or publish this sketch

I'm surprised there has not been any hate on Sieg's arms, or hair, or... Weight?
So you know what, screw it. I LIKE SIEG'S NEW DESIGN! YEAAAH! Also Groh looks like an edgy anime protagonist, but I love his suspenders, because it is absolutely hilarious, I was laughing for almost 5 minutes straight, Ivy needs to wear her coat thing from V, because her costume looks too trashy, Kilik, X and Soph I have no complaints for. AND NIGHTMARE! NIIIIGHTMAREEEEE IS AWESOME. But why is he 5'6 again? It makes him a lot less intimidating.
Cool, I got that out my system

A thought I had based on another thread, there were plenty of folks who recreated missing characters like Seong Mi-na, Zasalamel, Talim, etc. in SoulCalibur V, does anyone plan on recreating Patroklos, Pyrrha, Xiba, Leixia, and Natsu? Like, if Setsuka makes a return, you could then make an Alpha Patroklos custom character to use instead. Curious to see if that will be the case or not, if people preferred those looks/feels.

A thought I had based on another thread, there were plenty of folks who recreated missing characters like Seong Mi-na, Zasalamel, Talim, etc. in SoulCalibur V, does anyone plan on recreating Patroklos, Pyrrha, Xiba, Leixia, and Natsu? Like, if Setsuka makes a return, you could then make an Alpha Patroklos custom character to use instead. Curious to see if that will be the case or not, if people preferred those looks/feels.
Might make Leixia, and maybe a grown up Natsu, but Pyrhha or Xiba, nope.
We do not speak of Patroklos though...

dcgdxfdvmaazriw-jpg.48913

Let's talk Taki aesthetics!!

So, first, the elephant in the room: The Mask.

I'm on Team Cloth Mask, my unquestionable favorite face option being SC1's. I'm a bit sad that this game, which was the most likely to bring back her SC1 design elements, instead decided to go with her SC3-style mask. THAT SAID, even her ugliest mask is better than her face being totally naked, a la SC2 or SC4.

Her face: This is a small thing, but her face is missing a certain something. Her eyebrows in her art are always jutting inward, making her look extremely focused and determined. But her in-game facial expression (seen in my avatar) make it look like she's waiting for a bus or something. It's just missing that air of intimidation that her art always captures.

Lastly, her sex appeal: I think they handled this perfectly. She looks hot, but her boobs don't look ridiculously large, and her nipples aren't absurdly pointy. It seems balanced. Although I do wish they had stolen my idea of only making her pokies visible on cold stages. Alas.

Also, people were complaining about gratuitous boob shots in her CE. Personally, I think they're crazy. She's unsheathing Mekki-maru, and the camera is positioned in such a way to focus the eye on that action. Her boob gets zero attention in that shot. And at the end, she's facing the explosion so that the player can see it, and so that she doesn't have to waste precious frames turning back around to face her opponent. That said, it would be awesome if she had an alternate ending to her CE if it KO's the opponent.

Overall, I think her CE is a tremendous improvement over her SC4 finisher.

I'm more than fine with her appearance. It mostly reminds me of SoulCalibur III, except not blue, can almost guarantee her playable alternate color in the demo build is going to be blue, it's just too perfect to not be, since her default alternate color in SoulCalibur III was the pinkish red that she is now.

I do love the kanji all over her body that activate whenever she does any of her ninja arts. It's kinda hard to tell in the low-resolution video if it's all of them or just some of them for different attacks, would be neat if it had certain patterns to the different attacks she uses, give it that extra flair.

But her in-game facial expression (seen in my avatar) make it look like she's waiting for a bus or something. It's just missing that air of intimidation that her art always captures.
Her expressions during her CE look serious to me
Taki.Face2.jpg

Also, people were complaining about gratuitous boob shots in her CE.
I wouldn't exaggerate by claiming other 8wr posters are "complaining". I think posters are pointing we as a gaming community need to be prepared in the eventuality that certain non-player bloggers with political agendas will attack Taki. Its better we're aware and prepared than have our game's hype and momentum derailed and hijacked. Maybe our posters commenting on it in an ironic and mocking fashion.
Overall, I think her CE is a tremendous improvement over her SC4 finisher.
Oh-gee!!
By comparison all the revealed SC6 CEs wipe the floor with SC4 CF. Some of the underrated aspects is the more cinematic camera angles + much improved particles. The only decent CFs close to the CE would be Siegfried, Sophitia and Zasalamels.

Is it just me that really likes those metal face masks?? I think they obscure her face enough but let's you peek that she's really pretty. It also gives me this are of uniqueness and mystery about her that I typically don't see.

Also I'm scrolling down the page forgetting I have that amy video playing so all I hear every other half second is "EeEE!""Oh!" lmfaoo

EDIT: I'm also weak for those glowing glyphs on her body more of this aesthetic please

Back