Character aesthetics for SoulCalibur 6

Which Taki do you want? The raki with a mask, or the one that doesn't. Do you want a brand new design? I personally want to see the red/magenta Taki, becaybe that's the one I'm used to. It'd be pretty cool to see the 1p become something like SCIv's 2p though, and I wouldn't mind that. Anyone's thoughts?
I want a newer Taki design to be honest. Her P1 design seemed to be the same concept in every game that changed in ways so small that its easy to just flat out call her costumes uninterestingly similar.

I want a newer Taki design to be honest. Her P1 design seemed to be the same concept in every game that changed in ways so small that its easy to just flat out call her costumes uninterestingly similar.

At least they do that. Tekken just uses the same for 1p so I think it’s fine. Also the 1p is supposed to be their most recognizable costume and since she had that since forever it wouldn’t make sense for them to change it. Also there are p2 costumes which are always different.

At least they do that. Tekken just uses the same for 1p so I think it’s fine. Also the 1p is supposed to be their most recognizable costume and since she had that since forever it wouldn’t make sense for them to change it. Also there are p2 costumes which are always different.
You can maintain an iconic aesthetic without practically repeating the same design over and over. I mean, sure, her designs aren't identical every time, but there's less variation from game to game than the vast majority of the cast. It makes her a bit stale from a character design standpoint. At least for me.

You can maintain an iconic aesthetic without practically repeating the same design over and over. I mean, sure, her designs aren't identical every time, but there's less variation from game to game than the vast majority of the cast. It makes her a bit stale from a character design standpoint. At least for me.

I know what you mean. I think it’s just their way of playing it safe because a lot of fans might get mad if they change the jumpsuit thing she has going on. It would actually be cool if they did add more and when her armor breaks its her jumpsuit under.

I know what you mean. I think it’s just their way of playing it safe because a lot of fans might get mad if they change the jumpsuit thing she has going on. It would actually be cool if they did add more and when her armor breaks its her jumpsuit under.
I always thought that giving her a pair of pants, like Natsu's 2P, over her body suit would help to shake things up a bit. Or maybe giving her body suit some accent colors to break up the red.
But that's not likely to happen, especially in this game. She's obviously gonna just look like her SC1 iteration, albeit a bit more detailed.

I had an awful nightmare. Tira was HORRIBLE in SC6. How do you guys imagine her ?

I actually had a very similar dream a week or so ago looool it was awful

Even though I hate to say this, I think her design will be closer to her SCIII 1p. Since SCVI is supposed to be a reboot, I'd imagine Tira would be wearing something similar to her Bird Of Passage uniform on the right hand side in this image:

latest

which i've always thought of her SCIII 1p as her Bird Of Passage uniform all torn up and shredded. Personally, Tira's SCIV 1p is my favorite!

Whatever the team does with Tira, I'm just super glad and excited to be able to play as my favorite SC character in a new game

I'm just pretty glad that Ivy isn't fat like she was 4 and 5. The characters looks great so far. I'm not feeling the costume explosions tho, maybe i'il get used to it but hard to tell atm.

My favorites characters look atm are Ivy, Night and Zasa. They all look super great tho.

Even though Ivy's SC6 costume looks similar to her SC4 costume, it's fair to say it pisses all over that older design. I'm no SJW but even I fucking detested her SC4 constume because it's design is utter trash. SC6 costume fixes the issues I had with it. Her 3P costume from SC2 is still the best IMO, I'm hoping it makes a return in SC6.

Even though Ivy's SC6 costume looks similar to her SC4 costume, it's fair to say it pisses all over that older design. I'm no SJW but even I fucking detested her SC4 constume because it's design is utter trash. SC6 costume fixes the issues I had with it. Her 3P costume from SC2 is still the best IMO, I'm hoping it makes a return in SC6.
I dislike SC4's and SC6's outfits only because it looks ridiculous. Not compared to the SC2 & SC3 outfits that were essentially the same thing, just covered more skin, had more layers to the design and she had more realistic bust. I mean it just looks better for a certain taste. The ridiculousness of Ivy's slingshot armor is hard to turn your brain off to in comparison to the more clothed girls like Cassandra.

Soul Calibur VI trying to recreate the outfits of Soul Calibur 1.
rU7inSz-yX4H7AsGXvkW_nvoYdxtBFlzTjgq_UlhFXA.png

Leixia 2P was originally designed for Xianghua, That should be the reason they changed Xianghua 1P to a dress.
latest
Since Xianghua uses a dress I want Mi~Na uses pants like her alternative outfit in SC III.

I'd like a 2P for Ivy that is close to this:

latest

Of course the shoes should (MUST?) have heels. Maybe with longer hair as well, 2 variations would be the best, with long hair and with default hair.

With the combination of Ivy's animations and the long coat it would looks really awesome on her i think.

Last edited:
There is the one user with the avatar Ivy in a light blue doublet that's still pretty form-fitting. That'd be a great alt. Found her original alt pretty cool though even if her fancy dresses (like in 3 and 4) suit her better. But there's no way she's losing the lingerie.

Kind of hope Taki has something like a fancier/battle ready version of the Spy Robe and I really thought that the Gambler Robe in 3 suited Setsuka perfectly.

That one really fake leak of kabuki Yoshimitsu would have been an awesome design for him.

Raph should return with his fashion sense from SCII/pre-vampirism. That can always be an alt.

Prefer Cervantes with sleeves otherwise he looks like Davy Jones auditioning for Magic Mike.

I can't wait for Taki's reveal and design this time around. Since they're gonna base it on her sc1 costume, she'll most likely be masked again. Exactly how i prefer her. *-*
taksc1art1-jpg.4285

Also, i wonder, since most costumes are based on the characters SC1 costume, will this mean that their P2 will be based on the P2 they had in SC1 as well?
ivysc1cg5-jpg.3746
kilsc1cg4-jpg.3802
mitsc1cg3-jpg.3942
nigsc1cg4-jpg.4002
sopsc1cg2-jpg.4236
xiasc1cg2-jpg.4436
Oh man, you reminded me of how amazing all these costumes were, perhaps except NM. But what if they stay at one costume with two colour options as default, like we've seen so far? Think they'd do character specific costume DLCs or just left it with one costume and that's all, make your own in CAS? Or I think they might do legacy costume DLCs like in SCV and many other games.

Back