Cheapest character in sc4

Status
Not open for further replies.
no cheap chars since every character has a weakness, but algol, hilde and yoda are annoying to fight. O and mitsu the perfect scrub pick.

i absolutely don't see any weaknesses for Siegfried. he's really fast, has a huge range, deals a lot of damage, has many RO throws/moves, many stances (CONSTANT AUTO-GI STANCE), mix-ups, low combos, practically everything that's in the game.
he's the perfect example for how developers overpower a fan favourite.

So Siegfried's totally one of the cheapest and most annoying characters to me.
they should at least change his name since Schtauffen is simply wrong phonetic german. It should read Stauffen.

but most importantly: sieg, get a haircut.

i absolutely don't see any weaknesses for Siegfried. he's really fast, has a huge range, deals a lot of damage, has many RO throws/moves, many stances (CONSTANT AUTO-GI STANCE), mix-ups, low combos, practically everything that's in the game.
he's the perfect example for how developers overpower a fan favourite.

So Siegfried's totally one of the cheapest and most annoying characters to me.
they should at least change his name since Schtauffen is simply wrong phonetic german. It should read Stauffen.

but most importantly: sieg, get a haircut.

Sieg is not really fast, in fact hes one of the slower characters in the game. Most of his moves are unsafe on block and most of his mixups from a stance can easily be avoided or blocked. His mixups ar eeasily recognisable with a little practice and can easily be punished. Evne entering a stance is dangerous against aggressive players as they will knock you right out of it. Its also not a constant aGI stance as it wears off after a while, and to be honest how many people do you see using low or mid horizontal attacks, especially if they see that stance.

Yes he does have high damage hits but if theyre blocked you are screwed against good oponents. Also his CH moves are mainly highs or just too unsafe on blck to be used too often. Seriously if you know sieg well enough you can easily beat him.

Sieg is not really fast, in fact hes one of the slower characters in the game. Most of his moves are unsafe on block and most of his mixups from a stance can easily be avoided or blocked. His mixups ar eeasily recognisable with a little practice and can easily be punished. Evne entering a stance is dangerous against aggressive players as they will knock you right out of it. Its also not a constant aGI stance as it wears off after a while, and to be honest how many people do you see using low or mid horizontal attacks, especially if they see that stance.

Yes he does have high damage hits but if theyre blocked you are screwed against good oponents. Also his CH moves are mainly highs or just too unsafe on blck to be used too often. Seriously if you know sieg well enough you can easily beat him.

i suppose that's why you're maining him. *cough cough*
you can't deny that his huge advantages outweigh (even overweigh) his little disadvantages.
he might not be a second taki or setsuka speed-wise, but he's at least as fast as yoshi or even mitsu.
taking into account online game (which is the only time when i play against siegfrieds), you'll see that even seeing his mix-ups and getting used to it will not change the fact that he's also a pretty tough lag tactic. i've fought against lots of siegfrieds, because he's obviously a beginners' favourite and i've lost most of the battles...not due to not having enough practice. his moves aren't difficult to execute either. you enter stances mainly from attacks, which leads to multiple combo options. if you just skip between stances and toss in an attack once in a while (leading to stance again), you'll have quite an easy game.

i suppose that's why you're maining him.
cancels

Actually i started maining nightmare in SC2, just because he wields a big sword, no other reason. In SC3 siegs moveset closely matched that of SC2 NM so I stuck with him. During all that time I was only fighting AI and my only experience of human competition was my brother who mains kilik.

SC4 I was still using sieg like i did on SC3 meaning I was losing quite frequently. I then started learning combos and mixups to improve, which I did.

Offline against my bro I have alot of difficulty beating him just because he can easily recognise and counter my cancels/mixups/stances easily with a simple 6AAA. Online is no different, if your opponent goes into a stance all the time from a certain attack you should be ready to attack back, so many people online have knocked me out of stances and attack after cancels, (BTW this is against the better players, not the spammers). Thing is if you know sieg well enough you can put little effort in to beat him whilst the sieg has to work harder.

Anybody who uses the word cheap is a scrub.

Why?

Is it just because of the word cheap, or are you suggesting that using elements of the game that are exploitable is the same actually learning how to use a character, having a mix up and combo game, and OUTPLAYING your opponent?

That said. I find Mitsu the sisters/lizardman and Cervy the cheapest. Maybe not so much on Cass, she is just hard to beat when your fighting someone good. Mitsu's has a ridic amout of lows that all knock down, setting him up for his ridic ground game. Not to mention his stuns and stances, his excellent tracking on a ton of moves including TWO unblockables (no one in the game has two tracking unblockables). He is just generally overpowered. Not that he is unbeatable, but its hard to consistently beat a good mitsu unless you are also playing a top tier character. Still unlike other overpowered/cheap characters, I can still enjoy struggling against a good Mitsu.

Cervy just anoys me becuase everyone I fight uses the exact same set of moves in the exact same way. Teleports aside there is that incredibly annoying and semi broken stun combo. Cery has not one, not two, but 3 mid, low frame, low recovery, horizontal attacks. Again, I dont think any other character has such a thing. They consitently try to pull off that exact same combo every time. Then you have the tech trapping 20 stab attack, the 3 hit knock down BBB that is automatic on counter ( and out i think) and his ridiculously deceptive reach and speed. Unlike Mitsu I dont have fun playing most Cervy's.

Then there is Sophie/Lizardman. Lizardman just has that annoying crawl stance and his hard to react to online. But sophie IMHOP takes the cake. Especially online. She seems to have little to know damage reduction in her attacks. The double angel step combe knocks like 100 points easily with two moves. She has so many low fram attacks. Most of the "good" (read essentially unbeatable) players i have seen with sophie dont even use half of her combo type moves becuase so many of her other attacks are safe on block, or even can give a frame adv. The one thing I will say is that you have to actually put in some time to learn these skills with her. Still it makes her very annoying and very boring to play against with some people (I'm lookin at you Nuprophett)

If you're naming this many characters as 'cheap,' then guess what? It's just that you suck playing against them. Learn better strats.

If you're naming this many characters as 'cheap,' then guess what? It's just that you suck playing against them. Learn better strats.

+1

If you have to use the word "cheap" to make up for your own inadequacies, it's time to find a different game.

That said. I find Mitsu the sisters/lizardman and Cervy the cheapest. Maybe not so much on Cass, she is just hard to beat when your fighting someone good. Mitsu's has a ridic amout of lows that all knock down, setting him up for his ridic ground game. Not to mention his stuns and stances, his excellent tracking on a ton of moves including TWO unblockables (no one in the game has two tracking unblockables). He is just generally overpowered. Not that he is unbeatable, but its hard to consistently beat a good mitsu unless you are also playing a top tier character. Still unlike other overpowered/cheap characters, I can still enjoy struggling against a good Mitsu.

WAT.

Mitsu's ground game is mediocre at best, and has one good low, 2KB. 1A is typically blocked by 90% of the populace offline, and fairly punishable. He has more than two UBs, but the ones you're thinking of come out of stances, and can be easy to spot. You can interrupt both of them, and the low UB can be jumped/TJ punished/interrupted. His stuns are only potent on CH, or they're shakeable.

You use two of the Scrubiest characters - You should add Mitsurugi and form the scrub-trio.

I find it depressing the more people I see coming to 8wayrun with this mentality. Every character requires effort, precision, and knowledge of said character to win. Relegating yourself to some moral high ground for using what you perceive to be a "non scrubby" character is just mental masturbation.

WAT.

Mitsu's ground game is mediocre at best, and has one good low, 2KB. 1A is typically blocked by 90% of the populace offline, and fairly punishable. He has more than two UBs, but the ones you're thinking of come out of stances, and can be easy to spot. You can interrupt both of them, and the low UB can be jumped/TJ punished/interrupted. His stuns are only potent on CH, or they're shakeable.

you either dont have a good ground game with Mitsu, or havent played one. I dont know any mitsu's that use 1A on the ground too often as they know that 90% will be looking at it, this allows him to mix up his ton of B based knockdowns. Half of his B based attacks hit grounded opponents, especially the ones that come out of his stances. Then he has 3 Ubs, two of which that track, one of which you can fricken delay, and that brutal tech trap combo. And then you still have to worry about the errant 1A being mixed in. Off line maybe this wouldnt be so serious. But I pretty much only play on line for fun. I dont play tourneys, etc. So online the mixup ground game he has is ridiculous.

Algol, Hilde, YODA

oh yeah, and how could i forget... RUGI !!!

hate hate hate >:D

Your depressing, Get soupy!

yoda is sorry

I am sorry for you being sorry, Get Soupy!

you either dont have a good ground game with Mitsu, or havent played one. I dont know any mitsu's that use 1A on the ground too often as they know that 90% will be looking at it, this allows him to mix up his ton of B based knockdowns. Half of his B based attacks hit grounded opponents, especially the ones that come out of his stances. Then he has 3 Ubs, two of which that track, one of which you can fricken delay, and that brutal tech trap combo. And then you still have to worry about the errant 1A being mixed in. Off line maybe this wouldnt be so serious. But I pretty much only play on line for fun. I dont play tourneys, etc. So online the mixup ground game he has is ridiculous.

and your an idiot, you obviously have no idea what a Tech Trap and a Combo is.......; Get Soupy!

and your an idiot, you obviously have no idea what a Tech Trap and a Combo is.......; Get Soupy!

Tech Trap= a move that automatically hits characters who tech wake up (depending on the scenario)

Combo= A series of moves that once started (depending on the starting situation) are unblockable until the series has ended.

Mitsu Tech Trap Combo= ... well i dont know the damn button combination cause I dont use Mitsu, but Im sure youve seen it, if you havent, that might explain your flippant and unproductive answer. I question my own reasoning for even responding to such nonsense.

Kilik, Hilde, Mitsurugi, Algol, Cassandra, Sophitia, Raphael and Xianghua are definitely the easiest or "cheapest" characters in Soulcalibur 4 to become good with.
Xianghua is not a cheap character at all. I use her all the time, I mean sure she has some moves that are easy to preform but she is definitely not a 'spammable' or 'easy' to use well. X is not cheap.

Many people find different things as cheap. Rock's infinite ground though can be found cheap unless your smart and push a or b. For the most part though I cant really speak about offline characters because I dont play offline. Online mitsu is a beast with his 2kb and 1a sweeps and online ivy gets away with stuff that she shouldnt like her slow ass or her SE stance that shouldnt be that hard to stop. Yup no character is cheap like people said before its not even the persons fault they just see something that there method works so they keep on using it. Now if a person has general knowledge of the game and knows that moves arent viable offline and chooses to use them because they know they cant be stopped online, then they are just bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back