[Chicago, IL] anyone out here play?

I'm having a session today at my house. Darkness is already here, Webster... If you guys want to come over that is fine. I don't expect anyone until after 3PM, since I'll be buying some drinks and chips before that time. =p

I will be playing games as prep for this weekend, so basically all the games for this weekend will be at the session.

I do have a few people coming from different forums, so we should have a good diversity of players and games.

If you want to hang out and play some games you are welcome to drop by. I live on the south side of Chicago so no, not around Screenz. =p

If you been to my place before for the Chicago End of Summer tournament I did last year around Labor Day, you should know how many people I can fit here.

My address is:

8536 South Kolin Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60652

My number for calling and texting: 773-540-6347

I have enough room for like 6-7 Set Ups, so if you can bring a set up that would be appreciated. I will have around 3 Set Ups, up and running by 3PM. ^_^

i hear regionals are at screenz this weekend!!!

other than cost and time, anybody got any info on it?!?

other than cost and time, anybody got any info on it?!?

all the info for the regionals tournament is right here:

http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=100033&postcount=1

i hope to see pretty much ALL OF CHICAGO come and support the scene and hang out with us at regionals. it should be great times as usual. WE HAVE A LOT OF AWESOME TOURNAMENTS GOING ON. MOST HAVE CASH PRIZES. And we have some old school games being played to reflect the good times in the past.

SO PLEASE COME AND PARTICIPATE. ESOM is gonna be there as well...:)

Oh and if people could bring set ups (tv, ps3, and games) that would be hella appreciated.

thanks guys...

Hey guys, I was thinking of starting up a new tournament series and with local help and new people wanting to play I was thinking of adding SC4 as a major game at these events and have them monthly. This way everyone can enjoy playing a few different games and their main games. This way also I might be able to get different gamers to play this game just by having it there and having casuals set up.

Many of the other communities have talked to me to run a new series since they enjoyed the last one I had. And I want to focus on some of the next gen games, so SC4 is one of the ones I wanted to focus on.

I was thinking of doing a little of like ranbats for the game and probably with enough support I can get some sponsors like I did for the last series and help the community get better by attracting more new players or even better some out of state talent.

I am firstly going to look for a solid venue so I don't have to over charge anyone and make it more affordable to everyone and see if I can get some sponsors going and have some nice payouts or goodies to give away to everyone. I know I can get a few good sponsors already so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for the series I am going to start, I would really like to hear them so I can have it as a major input into the series I will do. I will also work on doing some nice videos from these events to show case them and people can get to see the talent we have here and hopefully that gets us more people to show up to these and have some fun times.

I hope to hear from you guys soon. I will keep posting in here until I have many things finalized and I work out a schedule for the future events I have planned. ^_^

For those that have to my previous or my End of Summer tournaments, what do you think of me doing a 3rd annual End of Summer tournament?

It would be like the last at my place and I would probably be using the entire house plus garage and pending on weather, the yard as well.

Just want to know people are insterested so I can run it again and see what games to run.

I want to do SC4 and maybe 2 more tournaments which I will let you guys decide on, like SF4, Blazblue or any other game you might want.

Ill just post this here and see if any insterest comes up.

If anyone is interested. I am going to be hosting a Gaming Session at my place tomorrow, Friday August 14, 2009. Probably from like 3pm - 12AM or something like that.

The games we will be playing will be Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4, Blazblue, and possible other fighters if people bring them.

It will be at my place and is a way for me to test out and see if I can hold a good amount of people for a possible tournament down the road. I will also probably be having a BBQ pending on the weather. But if you guys want to bring some meat, or something and I'll put it on the grill. I will have some burgers and hot dogs ready as well in case is nice outside for a cook out! ^_^

If you can bring a System and Game that will be fine. I have like 3-5 TVs available and I can use my garage as well to set up some systems out there. So if you can bring some it will really help in having enough for everyone! ^_^

If you are interested here is my info:

My Address: 8536 South Kolin Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60652

My Cell for Texting or Calling me: 773-540-6347

Dark-Kakashi, that sounds good. I'll let you know by noon if I will make it or not. I'll bring meat if I do. ...and beer if it's ok.

Yeah you can bring what you like, I have a separate fridge in the garage so all the beer can go there to keep it cold.

I am hoping to see if I can get a good showing and hopefully bring some local players playing these games again! ^_^

Hey if y'all want some good comp on any fighting game but especially SC4, look up xSNBxCptAmerica on XBox live. The boy is nasty with quite a few characters and I know he stays out there in the Chi. Good Luck. Holla!

Back