Coiled State Tips

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet (I haven't seen it in this thread) but you can enter whip from
CL 1B B+K,

I did this accidentally one time and basically I hit CL 1B and then my B+K and A+K buttons at the same time.

Ya, thats the pad method u just mentioned.
On stick u simply hold [A] then 1[B+K] it goes into WP. If u want to stay in CL just do the same but dont hold the B+K.

It's worth to mention that it's possible to RCC into SW 1K. If done perfectly, it will beat every i13 moves when CL 22_88B hits at tip range. It's pretty hard, so SW FC 2A, SW 6 or 4B can be good too.

Btw with the CL 22B> RCC SW 1K isnt easy at all -_-, and the frustration comes when u dont know if u scored a tip range or u messed the RCC buffer and lost a frame. Its also easy to whiff when trying too hard for the tip range bcos Ivy sidesteps in a wierd arc. It needs practice. :(

Note: While doing this to Voldo, WS K actually beats his i14 2A at close range. Wierd property.

Visit here: http://www.8wayrun.com/f6/newbie-silencer-t76/
Ctrl-F: Type in RCC.

Recover Crouching Cancel (RCC)

RCC is used as a technique to cancel your recovery into a neutral position. This merely means that certain moves that leave you in a crouch (Recover Crouch or RC) can therefore end in a neutral position using RCC. All you have to do is tap 6 (normal way) near the end of a move (buffer).

Bcos CL 22B puts u in crouch and we want access to SW 1K.

Yea, thanks to this you can do "standing" moves straight from FC. But it's really hard in some cases, because like Davo said, you can easily loose frames. CL 22_88 to SW 1K is extremely strict if you want 1K to beat i13 moves.

RCC itself is worth researching. Maybe we can find some tricks with it, vide SC3 SW 22K, RCC 1B+K combo (oh and I already checked this one in SC4, it works but it does far less damage than 214K)

With CL WS AA [CH], the 236BB followup is gurranteed if the WS A hits the char on towards their left. Most medium sized chars will suffice it hitting their front. Smaller chars like Amy need be hit towards their left. It doesnt need to be fully to their left, but step G left is enough for it to angle properly.

I think CH CL WS AA, SW 44K is guaranteed on many characters too (some characters can espace it) it does 10 more damage then SW 3B+K.

Any use for 66B or 66BA? If I remember well, this was a NC in SC3. Now they changed it to NCC, with the first hit being unsafe on block, and negative on hit on both NH and CH =( it's also pretty slow (i20 according to frame data). Only the CH version of 66BA seems good. It's +3 on hit does 41dmg. But it's impossible to hit confirm it, so throwing out 66BA can be risky, because it's -14~15 on block.

66B can be easily stepped to Ivy's right (covers her left side). 66BA is tricky though, A seems to have very good tracking! I can't step it even with Hilde.

The main advantages of CL state are:

- Both command throws - CS/SS after every move and during blockstun!

- The best punishing options. You can change the stances during blockstun in order to punish your opponent with every move from SW/CL/WP. However, this needs a further research due to the fact that it was discovered recently.

i don't understand this point.. i can't go in SW or WP during blockstun

thanks

To change stances in blockstun simply hold B+k or A+K during it and near the final frames it will flash and prep buffer the stance change. The change will only happen in the final frames of the animation so wait till you see the flash then buffer your punish.

Make sure you HOLD the B+K or A+K till you see the flash to signal a successful change. The only reason this shouldn't work is if you've changed recently and the ability to switch is still in cool down. The switch in block stun wont occur till late into the block, meaning AFTER you've been struck and a beginning to recover. When I play Ivy I have B+K and A+K binded to a single button so that i can always hold them during moves for easy transitions while being able to hit single inputs that may over lap easily (EX: I can hold A+K and hit A separately when it shifts with ease).
I am curious about 66K in Cl and WP mode. i see a LOT of Ivy's use this but I can't figure out why. The move is unsafe, has low reward on hit, and doesn't seem to have enough good properties to justify. What's the logic on this move? I never use it.

Are you sure you mean 66K? That move is actually pretty good, nice for pressuring because it's only -3 on block, kills step, and RO's on normal hit + wall splats.

Ivy's kick attacks are good in general, except maybe CL/WP 44K and CL/WP 3K.

but i can't punish whit a move of the next stance

for example i block in CL holding B+K for go in SW and punish whit 9 B+K K (i13)... i can't punish whit this move if come from CL, but only if i'm already in SW when i block opponent's attack

That's because it doesn't work exactly like IvyFanboy described it.

Hold G + [A+K] or [B+K]. Now you can do any move you want, but you NEED to let go of G before you can do it. So if you want to do WP 3A from CL for example, it goes like this: CL G+[A+K] -> 3A. Easy as pie, you just need to let go of G (when you do it, she switches stances) before doing 3A.

I forgot to update the first post, but this doesn't work very well as punishing because you loose some frames. I tried this on Siegfried, and recorded him doing 3,K. Normal WP 3A will get double hit when you try to interrupt the K, but when I try doing it from CL I always get hit.

lol oops, forgot to mention let go of G. Assumed that obvious since you need to let go to attack, but yeah let go of G WHILE still holding B+K/A+K till you see the flash (then you can let go of B+K and A+K if you want).

also I has 44K mixed up with 66K. Think I'm gonna start using 66K now. Don't know why I avoided it.

Yeah, CL/WP 44K is pretty bad because it's i24, so it's kind of hard to find any good application for it, since you can easily get interrupted even when you're at advantage. Plus a few characters can punish it on block. I remember not long after the game was released, me and the other local Ivy player here were wondering if this move has any other hidden properties, cause the animation was really strange, as if there was an aGI window of something ;) unfortunately, there is none.

@Orochima-sama, you're welcome.

Thought i'd mention something i was playing around with in training earlier, i'm not sure if its been mentioned already.

CL 44B(A+K)B the second hit will be the WP form of WP44BB's second hit.

Hopefully you guy's can understand, if not try it for yourselves. :)

Back