Coiled State Tips

Posted by Ring:
Guys, I just found something REALLY cool! It seems that CL has another secret. It's possible to actually control Ivy during CL 236BB animation.

The actuall input is very easy, it goes like this: CL 236BB[4] or CL 236BB[6] Ok now what it does:

- on block CL 236BB[4] will make Ivy retreat thus she will avoid a lot of punishers!
- on hit CL 236BB[6] will make Ivy end up next the the opponent for a better wakeup game

Also, CL 236BB[6] increases the range of this move a lot (its like WP 6B now), so you will probably never whiff again with it..

So... enjoy. I don't think this was mentioned. It makes CL 236BB much more useful now :) the most important thing is that CL 236BB[4] becomes a lot safer than regular CL 236BB.

*Sparkling secret* O_O I go test now.

Thx for sharing this Ring! (Every once in a while when someone finds an easter egg, I endup wasting another hr for hope I could scavenge some new things. I endup mashing buttons, input 6 and 4s, doing JF timings and wat not. :P)

I wished 236BB[6] would pushback further for better RO. I had my hopes up when i heard it has more range. :P Still the second B has a lot of reach. Tho more importantly, better wakeup as u said. Even if they just ukemi, they still eat mixup.

236BB[4] on block helps to avoid throw mixups.

Tho in general where do ppl throw 236BB? 236BB[6] can be thrown out once in the blue bcos it has more range, tho the first motion is still quite seeable.

I can't test this right now, but if this is as -good- as it sounds, you're a genius. I can hopefully use this to outspace Voldo now XD!

I already knew about this I just didn't know how the heck it was coming out. Glad to know I can easily control it.

I thought that no one else knew about this. Oh well xD funny how we all were doing that from the beginning, but no one actually noticed that.

Every once in a while when someone finds an easter egg, I endup wasting another hr for hope I could scavenge some new things. I endup mashing buttons, input 6 and 4s, doing JF timings and wat not. :P
haha I did the exact same thing when I found it. But still no other discoveries :) hopefully there are some more left... *cough* instant WP/SW -> SW/WP switch *cough*

Before this I never really used CL 236BB outside of combos. I don't think it will change much but it definitely will help me in some other ways too (like, NH CL 3B, 236BB is a very inconsistent combo, because it's apparently range depandent. CL 3B, 236BB[4] will help us to reduce the risk of being punished

btw be careful with CL 236BB[4] against Sophitia because Ivy ends up exactly where double TAS B hits

also CL 236BB[4] might be great set up for SS. The wake up/recovery frames when 236BB othwerwise actually hits gives decent time for buffering.

Great find Ring :)
I didn't see a mention for CL WR B, it's only -5 and puts your your opponent in FC, other than it being linear, i really like this move :X

yes it is possible to SS/CS from CL stance
but only off a stunblock
otherwise you would wiggle...
lol

I'm not sure if this combo has been mentioned yet but
CL WRAA--->236BB is a combo that does 94 damage
o_O

theres a few ways to iCS/SS from coiled without wiggling. Tap the shift, and buffer during the animation (I occasionally do this at the very game and iCS from coiled as an opener on rush ins). You can also hold G, buffer 3214, let go and finish it all and you shouldn't wiggle, and the best is to buffer the shift+movement in the recovery frames of a CL move. CL 2A+K, SS should leave no wiggle.

ill look into that combo...have you checked if it can be teched or AC'd? 236BB has weird properties at times that'll let them escape the second hit.

I was excited about that combo when I saw it in Davo's match, but when I actually checked in on traning mode it was disappointing. It appears that it works only on large characters. It works on smaller characters only when CL WS AA hits on NH... which is odd if you ask me.

Still... close to 100dmg after CH WS A... kinda like Lizardman and his CH WS K in SC3 (~90dmg)

The dmg off CH CL WS AA is greatness for surprise damage. :P Tho it works out strange against smaller chars. Still its doable near the ring/wall. You can also think of this move as an extender for CL 236BB to RO, as it goes at a straightline.

Ring, I got to test out CL 6A+B against Vaders 1BA. Not only if he whiffs his 1B it will hit. But in CL its very easy to step his 1B at close range to your left and instantly punish 6A+B even if he does 1B only. Good shit!

Damage wise:
1B - 37dmg
1BA -80dmg (bcos he is on his side when doing the animation.)

Its much easier to step Vader's 1B at point blank. Bcos of this, it is also possible to instant step duck into SW WS B>k>6B8K for a combo of 74 dmg.

Oh btw, Ring just found out CL 22_88B is +1 on block on tip range. Make urself comfortable with the range as it really has to be on the tip. After some practice, for some reason, I find CL 22B (1P) is much easier to find the tip. Go try it out!

It's worth to mention that it's possible to RCC into SW 1K. If done perfectly, it will beat every i13 moves when CL 22_88B hits at tip range. It's pretty hard, so SW FC 2A, SW 6 or 4B can be good too.

About Vader's 1BA, if his 1B is blocked at tip range, CL 6A+B will not work =/ if you want guaranteed damage, there's also WP A+B, will aGI the second hit always, but if he does only 1B he can punish WP A+B on block, or aGI it with Force Parry... so I guess the best thing do do here, is to learn to duck the "A" part or reaction.

Wow... RCC itself is hard to lose frames. Finally something challenging u can try. :P

About Vader, I was refering to stepping his 1B gurantees CL 6A+B. 1B actually when whiffed has enough recovery time. His 1B is easy to step to Ivy's left but she needs to step right on the moment Vader starts 1B. It also means u have to commit once u know you have stepped his 1B u cant visually confirm. :/

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet (I haven't seen it in this thread) but you can enter whip from
CL 1B B+K,

I did this accidentally one time and basically I hit CL 1B and then my B+K and A+K buttons at the same time.

Back