Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

sometimes when i do wall combo in a case where 4KK hits and it doesn't hit them into the wall , i get 33B in WITH A LAUNCH .

for example : 1a6 > GS KK > W ! > 4KK , and now they flew off the wall because i was at an awkward angle . . . sort of like a "v" angle .

anyone know HOW to get the launch off of 33B ? o___o; thanks .

Hey I've got a question for you guys. After CH 22AB I've noticed the AI has been teching out of 2A+B and 3B sometimes.

Does anyone know of some good moves to techtrap with?

Schneider-X, you can know if the B is Front side hit or Back side hit after you saw the 22A hits.

22AB(Front side hit)(close) -> 3B(most reliable tech-traps for all directions) _ Specific timing 33B(works on specific characters) _ 2A+B(for no tech) _ GSKK(not cover one side tech-roll) _ 2[K](for no tech and stand guard)
22AB(Front side hit)(far) -> Specific timing 3B(against all tech-rolls) _ Specific timing 33B(against all tech-rolls for specific characters)
22AB(Back side hit)(close) -> 1K(combo) _ Specific timing 33B(not cover one side tech-roll) _ iFC3B(not cover one side tech-roll)
22AB(Back side hit)(far) -> 1K(combo) _ 2K(combo)

I hope it helps.
If the 22A is on block or whiff, it may cause the string B to be a side hit or an off-axis hit that opponent can tech one side to avoid the Specific timing 3B. Therefore, I suggest to do 1K or 3B or 33B combo or other mix-ups in this situation.

It seems that for close range front hit 2A+B will tech trap all directions except Right. iFC 3B will techtrap Right tech.

On backside hit 2A+B isn't as reliable, so iFC3B and 33B need to be used to stop them from teching.

Thanks for the help, now I've got a bit of a flow chart made for 22AB :)

I've been working on a cosolidated list of tech traps for Nightmare. I've got it finished, but I just want to make sure that I'm not taking anyone's idea. It features every knockdown, launch, and stun of Nightmare's and the best choices for tech trapping after them.

Should I post it? Or has it already been done? It may be a few days before I can post it, unfortunately.

I think someone (Greven?) has done that already and it got put in the guide

could be wrong though

Yeah, I saw yours and Greven's guide. Its got a bunch of the same information, but mine focuses mainly on just tech traps and goes more in depth.

i haven't seen mention of 33b iaga W! 4kk into whatever else you wanna do with that. timing is a bit tricky but it works and good damage too.

edit by supercoolguy Tiamat: actually I do still have mod powers!!!

Back