Combo & Tech Trap Discussion Thread.

does anyone use this combo?

WS -> NSS A+B -> GS KK (wall hit) -> 4KK (wall hit) -> iWS -> NSS A+B -> GS KK

the weird thing is, the last NSS A+B will throw your opponent behind you (slightly to your left), but GS KK will connect if you are fast enough. If There's a wall on your left, you'll go into a re-wall situation for more damage, too bad the BT B+K cant catch in time after the last NSS A+B.

I find it very good when you are pressuring people at a corner, the re-wall will give you maximum damage if done correctly.

can we please group/consolidate the list of combos and tech traps...?

i dont want to read 9 pages. T_T

Um heres a combo I've been doing a bit I don't know if you guys know it yet.
FCB+G W! 2G WRB A+B 236KK-> your favorite wall combo. 4KK 44BB or whatever.
The thing is, you must be positioned at an angle to the wall. It's consistent if you know the angle.

Possible new combo on Siegfried: CH 3B~A+K. 63 damage, guaranteed. Testing on other characters now.

Edit :Gah it barely works on anyone lol

Edit 2: Works on Algol, Zas, Asta, Rock, NM, Sieg and Vader. Works on large body types basically.

nukleurfire: I'll check it out sometime, probably is at least decent combo, though I bet you can turn around and do a 4KK then do the iWR B

engared: nice find even if not terribly useful, I didn't know it was possible to get A+K from CH 3B

Oh lol, I remember testing A+K after 3Bs and NSS A+Bs. I remember that it works even better if you are to the side or back of them.

FCB+G 4KK iWR B A+B 236KK-> standard combos? Fuuuuuuu...

Edit: Yeah, it works. But even easier than judging the angle against the wall is their orientation to you. FC B+G Wall [G] 4KK then check to see if they're back is oriented to you. If their back is directly to you, do 4KK or 236KK or whatever. But if it is angled even slightly, iWRB A+B 236KK 4KK 44BB or whatever.

66A (close range) > 1A (slightly delayed) is tech trap
1aK (air hit, close range) > 1A (slightly delayed) is tech trap

Wall combo Reset
{W!} 4KK {W!} 3B, GS KK {W!} 2A+B

requierement:
-opponent must be guarding during the combo or the GS KK wont stun against the wall to guarantee 2A+B, do 2B+K/2[K] then

advantage:
-damage output is high because there is a dmg scaling reset after 3B if the opponent tries to tech
-you can even land a 44BB instead of 2A+B but its unreliable

for example:
1A, GS KK {W!} 4KK {W!} 3B, GS KK {W!} 2A+B does 124-126 dmg + SC wakeup
1A, GS KK {W!} 4KK {W!} 3A2A6, GS KK does 96-99 dmg
1A, GS KK {W!} 4KK {W!} 3B, 2A+B does 94 dmg + SC wakeup

Is it better to enter NSS and then do GS KK? I remember hearing that somewhere. 3 definitely feels like it has better frames.

After BT 2k or while running K:
-2[K] hit if they try to stand and guard (you have to RCC after BT 2K)
-44BB hit if they stay on the ground or roll

after NSS A+B:
-iFC A+G_B+G is guaranteed to pick them up and gives you +13 frames mixup
-works even when 2A+B is out of range

Versus right techers:
-1, NSS ibA is guaranteed
-might be a better pick instead of NSS A+B

After BT 2k or while running K:
-2[K] hit if they try to stand and guard (you have to RCC after BT 2K)
-44BB hit if they stay on the ground or roll

after NSS A+B:
-iFC A+G_B+G is guaranteed to pick them up and gives you +13 frames mixup
-works even when 2A+B is out of range

Versus right techers:
-1, NSS ibA is guaranteed
-might be a better pick instead of NSS A+B

I find that after BT 2K or while running K, it doesn't seem too hard to try to roll in anticipation of 2[K] and block 44BB if you don't see any flames.

Otherwise some nice info Greven.

Also I wanted to mention I found a nice setup for a backthrow.

iagA w! 4KK w! 1B throw

The opponent should be bt from the iagA and they can only escape the throw if they duck. I believe its a backthrow if they hold guard or not. But its been a while and I can't remember exactly how well it worked. Oh well something to keep in mind lol

don't know if it's ben posted yett -- is NSS A+B > 44B a techtrap ?

NSS A+B > 44B is an anti techtrap, if you are very sure your opponent staying grounded after NSS A+B then slam them with 44B, then catch them tech with NSS A. 44B > NSS A is a techtrap

Its also a techtrap, if they tech normally or backwards. However its unreliable since its not a combo and can be blocked by standing up. However 33B, 44B is a combo and 3B, 44B is also a combo, albeit a techable one.

Some variations after NSS A+B, 2A+B
instead of doing the usual SC 3B, you can mix an iFC A+G_B+G.
the FC throw can surprise them if they stand guard or catch them OTG or rolling, after the throw nightmare is at +13 advantages so a SC 3B can be applied

sephalump: its been known since SC3 but it's not that useful since on CH it misses and it's not hit confirmable for NH versus CH

Back