Combos/Tech Traps

The standard combo off that is CR A CR K:G CR B 236KK 8KKK. The CR K:G is done by pressing G right when the kick lands. You'll know when you've done it.

What I was asking is do you input the CR K after the CR A like CR A:CR K and then get the JF because I can get the K:G it just seems like the kick comes late. As in he kicks I JF and they get smashed rolled away, the JF isnt the problem.

I want to be a better yun!

You're just doing the K too late. The timing is very lenient on CR K, just buffer it to the end of the CR A animation.

Don't you love how some of Yun's tech traps can be escaped to a side? I have fun anticipating which direction they'll tech to. New goodie: After CR A CR 2KK you can tech trap with a slighty delayed CR B+K. Can be escaped with right tech. It's pretty juicy and covers what CR [A+B] can't. Try it. You'll like it.

I use this :
- 33AK, 1K2K is combo (because the opponent is Face to Ground/Back to Sky) or Tech Trap
- A+K, Recovery Crouch Cancel, 1K2K (not working on all characters, who can tech to Right side)

After 2BK CH, you can do CR K (combo in all directions except Right) or A+K (Techs Trap all directions except Left)

After CR 2KK in CH, there is a delay where CR [A+B] Techs Trap in all direction, even Left side.

Oh snap new ghetto tech traps.

-delayed 236KK (catches all but left tech, will not catch side tech at all on biggies like Asta)

66A+B
-2A (Lol I know right?)

Hey all,

I just went into training a bit after I saw this video :
I was amazed by this one. It punishes (VERY STYLISH AS WELL!) and for a great amount as well.
I don't know if this is ACable but damn it looks so nice.

I tried to find more of those setups but without luck. However some people say that you can use that as a side tech trap or when your opponent is stepping left. I didn't have many time to test it so I was asking if maybe you guys knew some setups. Also I don't mind if its impractical because once you ever land this on your opponent he will be dumbstruck by your awesomeness = free win :D

Well Prymo the basic tech trap for that is in the first post. Unless they step into it or you TJ a low don't expect to land it often. Try it against Amy 3BA . It's probably his best anti-low move since you get good damage and the TJ activates quickly.

EDIT: Handles others like Ivy WP 1AA, Kilik 22_88AAA, and Tira JS 6AB well.

Best damage I found for this.

CR [A+B] as tech trap hit
-1KK

Yea it works. You'll love it since you can W! and tack on a 66B (1K2K as well but 66B is guaranteed).

Yo I decided its time to stop being selfish and add a little to the forum. Lets see...
* Ill update the escapes later :escapes added
Tech Catches

33_99A,K
-33_99B Hits in 4,5,6,1,2,3 directions.
-66K *Hits all*
-22_88B *Hits only if ukemi'd to yuns right and center line. 4,5,6,1,2,3 directions. If they do not ukemi and wait for the hit its blockable* (Wierd)

These were posted earlier, didnt read till now. Sorry.

CH 2B,[K]
-CRN [K], (which can lead to CRN B+K for tech block and free damage (aka 3[K] or bb) or cancel) hits otg and tech to yuns left and in front)
-CRN A+K (hits otg and to yuns right and front)

*33K CH* <-- updated
Same tech traps as CH 2B,K

*CH 6[A]* <--- updated
-CRN A+K (Same Properties as the previous 2 but to the opposite sides in order to hit/escape.) Hits to Yuns Left
-CRN K (Hits to Yuns Right)

-66b
-22_88B
-1K series
-2b

CH 3B
-66A+B hits to yuns left 4,5,6,7,8,9 directions
- Delayed 3A (Same as note above)
-22_88B hits yuns center line and all directions to his right
-1K strings

*Additional goodies*
I like to set up Yuns CH 33[K], CH 3B, or random other manuvers off of CH CRN B in order to use their traps considering that they are harder to hit in a match by themselves.

More goodies to come. Hope this can help some yuns out :)

Updated previous post for Tech Catches added a few new ones and hit/escapes. Have fun Yun playas :)

66B+K 8K:K :K 236KK BB - Killer combo, never had it shaken off before. Not sure of exact damage, but takes off ~50% of their health bar.

Taking advantage of the tech system with 9G nonsense! All "catch" side tech.

A+K 66 9G back throw
33_99AK 9G back throw
66B+K 9G back throw

Some of his other moves can be used for side throw setups with 9G but they didn't seem worthwhile to list. The back throws can be avoided by crouching but there's mixup potential here.

Can I just ask what you mean by 9G? I'm not so good with this tech trap business. Do you mean 9G as in jump forward and then throw the person? D: Sorry, I've got no clue when it comes to "tech" anything.

So for example that first combo mikosu listed:

A+K, run forward, jump and through them from behind? Oh wait I see, are you meant to jump over them as they land?

Back