Comic Con Updates and New Trailer Coming July 25th

• Admin
Comic Con 2011 has given us a lot of Soul Calibur goodness in the past few days. We got to see some new gameplay and meet some new characters. But that isn't the end of it!

According to this article (featuring character bios for Natsu, Zwei and Ivy) a new trailer for Soul Calibur V will be released on Monday, to conclude their showing at Comic Con 2011!

But until then, check out all of Soul Calibur news that has been shown so far:
SCV Q&A/Gameplay Demo | Playstation Blog Article (previously linked)

Last edited by a moderator:
lots of good engine info in the QA video btw, for those who haven't watched it... you should.

(mainly posting so that I 'follwo this, since I don't know how to do it manually :p)

My favorite part of the article is when Tago san said THIS:

We know that innovation causes not only expectation, but concern as well. Please be reassured that we understand that characters fans are used to must not be completely changed, and that these innovations must not make the game unbalanced. We are working day and night to ensure that the game will be well balanced and make for an exciting and satisfying gamepay experience.

Fair plays Namco, the game looks fantastic already. All the new additions to the system are just what soul needs to get people back into it. Can't wait to see more.

Congratulations for the job Partisan and the same to the other guys of 8Wayrun too.
Can´t wait to play SCV.
Hugs!

Hisaharu “Heath” Tago said:
The biggest surprise with Z.W.E.I. is the short sword in his hand is not his main method of attack. His inclusion is making SoulCalibur’s “Weapon-based Fighting Game” style step into all-new territory. Please watch the Comic-Con trailer on Monday, July 25th and imagine how his fighting style will play out. The clue is Z.W.E.I. means “two” in German. Does that mean there must be a “one” as well?
This plus the Werewolf speculation is making me wonder if what Tago is hinting that Z.W.E.I. has a "beast form"? (so much for those Bloody Roar jokes :-p)

The new logo should be unfortunate news to the people who were crying, "Nightmare will return just as before!" Can't be sure about that anymore, especially if Taki is removed completely.

I consider this entry to be a minor victory for Taki fans. However news of her simply being alive is a far cry from being a core playable character. This still means that worse case she is just a part of Natsu's storyline. Also bad would be her inclusion as a bonus character unlocked through Natsu's story (meaning Natsu is just a Taki clone and they have perhaps a handful of moves they do not share).

It's also interesting to see that Taki is not the head of the Fu-ma clan... This could indicate she is MIA and hence Natsu's involvement... imo that could be lame... unless Taki is somehow the new main boss... that could be interesting? Actually I don't know what to think of that idea.

Kotaku mentioned a while back that they got word from Daishi that he simply mentioned Taki being "superhuman". It's possible since they officially just announced Ivy and her age being stopped at 32 (one can infer her SCIV ending plays a part, she died and her sword still has more in mind for her... and going by whats said, that would be a LOT more in mind for her and her role in the series) they don't want to say oh and Taki, her age stopped at 30 or whatever too. It would indicate that they are just gonna do that for all the girls (well at least Tira and Amy).

So, will Taki be in SCV? I think it's safe to say yes. The real question is what sort of involvement will she have.

I must admit, the Torture Chamber stage is very creepy, but I like how the walls fall down and become floors like SCIV's Phantom Pavillion. I highly doubt you would be killed by the traps (hopefully this won't be MK e_o|||).
Listening past the commentary, it seems that the voice actors for the characters put in a little more effort, so that's a good sign. I love the BGM for the Coliseum, so I see that Junichi Nakatsuru is staying on his toes, which means SC5 will have MUCH better music.~ :D Now we just gotta wait for the 7/25/11 trailer. This is just making me even MORE hyped, it's hard to keep waiting, and I'm inwardly squealing! Q(>x<Q)

Reactions: CFW
Odashima and Harada vaguely answered the question about Nightmare during the Famitsu stream from Japan (I think) two months ago.

The program was taking (Japanese) fan questions; when asked about Nightmare, I think Harada-san reluctantly confirmed that, yeah, Nightmare is "in" Soul Calibur 5, but they didn't mention as to what capacity or even if Nightmare was playable. The way they answered also indicated to me that Nightmare might be a little different than we remember.

This is all from memory, so I might be wrong.... :P

So far, I'm really liking Ivy. It seems like you can still get some pretty good combos going, even if you can't switch through states mid-attack.
Her new move.. It looks like a short, jump-version of her rising A+B, then can add an in-air version of WP 6A+B? That looks pretty cool.
I'm seriously in love her her Critical Edge, though. I can't hear what she says first, but her "I'll treat you right! >:D" line...<3

Live streams

7 Viewers
sc_toothpaste
sc_toothpaste
short stream (!donate) (she/her pronouns) (!sr)
1 Viewers
LadyKaliMari
LadyKaliMari
Friday Night Gaming |ENG/ 18+| ENVtuber |!discord
1 Viewers
RespectVibes
RespectVibes
Casual Online PC Matches - Kilik

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member