Comic Con Updates and New Trailer Coming July 25th

• Admin
Comic Con 2011 has given us a lot of Soul Calibur goodness in the past few days. We got to see some new gameplay and meet some new characters. But that isn't the end of it!

According to this article (featuring character bios for Natsu, Zwei and Ivy) a new trailer for Soul Calibur V will be released on Monday, to conclude their showing at Comic Con 2011!

But until then, check out all of Soul Calibur news that has been shown so far:
SCV Q&A/Gameplay Demo | Playstation Blog Article (previously linked)

Last edited by a moderator:
High quality versoin of the trailer is apparently monday, also it seems unlikely they'll do a playable demo ><

It seems that Project Soul has gotten a new logo too
5968396748_0dc8101095.jpg

I'm guessing this is a definite sign that whatever Nightmare that will be returning won't use a Zweihander. It should be worth nothing that in the video link above the old logo was literally 'destroyed', not just replaced lol

I'm sure I saw the new trailer. There was a woman's voice in the beginning while zooming in on Pyrrha's (obviously shocked or something) face and I'm very curious as to whom owns that voice. I'm thinking it's either Tira or even Sophitia.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6325003/

in this video (was posted earlier), @ 2:45. what is happening when pat flashes blue?

this isn't brave edge, because he is not augmenting a move, or even being offensive -- he is just blocking. It looks like he was blocking when he flashed, but it wasn't a JI or GI, since Mitsu wasn't affected. Looks like it shortened Pat's block stun. It looks like he took meter too.

New defensive tech?

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6325003/

in this video (was posted earlier), @ 2:45. what is happening when pat flashes blue?

this isn't brave edge, because he is not augmenting a move, or even being offensive -- he is just blocking. It looks like he was blocking when he flashed, but it wasn't a JI or GI, since Mitsu wasn't affected. Looks like it shortened Pat's block stun. New defensive tech?

Somebody was saying that it was a 'just block' mechanic.

I'm sure I saw the new trailer. There was a woman's voice in the beginning while zooming in on Pyrrha's (obviously shocked or something) face and I'm very curious as to whom owns that voice. I'm thinking it's either Tira or even Sophitia.
Sounds like Soul Calibur,the weapon it self,you know in Cassandra's ending?!

Somebody was saying that it was a 'just block' mechanic.
Wow, really?

Like Garou: Mark of the Wolves?? That might be pretty cool actually...

Well, except that it might be impossible to do online, and will be too hard to rely on in tournament play.... (I imagine that it would be 1-5 frames [5 being really generous] to pull off)

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! NATSU LOOKS BEAST!! LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT COMEBACK FEATURE!! THE NEW TRAILER LOOKS SICK!!!! THE VOICE AT THE BEGINNING SOUNDS LIKE TIRA DEN SWITCHES TO SOPHITIA DEN SWITCHES TO PATROCLUS..IM FUCKING HYPED!!! BEST SOUL CALIBUR EVER!! N I HAVENT EVEN TOUCHED THE GAME YET!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! NATSU LOOKS BEAST!! LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT COMEBACK FEATURE!! THE NEW TRAILER LOOKS SICK!!!! THE VOICE AT THE BEST SOUNDS LIKE TIRA DEN SWITCHES TO SOPHITIA DEN SWITCHES TO PATROCLUS..IM FUCKING HYPED!!! BEST SOUL CALIBUR EVER!! N I HAVENT EVEN TOUCHED THE GAME YET!

I LIKE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!1!1!

TOTAL EDIT:
At first I think we hear Tira or Soul Calibur or Cass...
""Will live forever" IDK, possibly Soph but that's just not her voice, I don't know why but I think it's Pyrrha...
"My Dear..." Soph or Pyr...
"Pyrrha!" Surely Pat...

2ND EDIT:
Is it me or Natsu jumped on the wall and then attacked from it???

3RD EDIT:
They used SC2's intro music!

4TH EDIT:
Was the heck was that at the end?

Ivy's new model animation looks great. Seeing her in motion now, looks promising. Not sure if that was stock voice footage included in demo or if they got Lani Minella back to voice some new stuff, but she sounds more "rough" which is great considering some time has passed...

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! NATSU LOOKS BEAST!! LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT COMEBACK FEATURE!! THE NEW TRAILER LOOKS SICK!!!! THE VOICE AT THE BEST SOUNDS LIKE TIRA DEN SWITCHES TO SOPHITIA DEN SWITCHES TO PATROCLUS..IM FUCKING HYPED!!! BEST SOUL CALIBUR EVER!! N I HAVENT EVEN TOUCHED THE GAME YET!

Where's the werewolf thing at?

Live streams

10 Viewers
DUBZKITTY
DUBZKITTY
🐾AKATSUKI RAID STREAM IS ENDING TODAY! Zetsu has made his appearance!👹🐾|!welcome !feed !treat !sr👹
4 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Soul Cal Saturday!!! Get in here!!!
3 Viewers
pricebehigh
pricebehigh
Pull up on Meh | Overwatch|
3 Viewers
rambojrgttv
rambojrgttv
Ill know by the end of stream whether ill stay or go