Community Lives! <3

No... it's not like that at all. Philbond is very outspoken and pretentious, so he attracts the flames.

Oh, right. Fair enough.

Interesting that evo didn't ban any characters though - I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see if any of the imbalances ring true. :sc4hil1:

Oh, right. Fair enough.

Interesting that evo didn't ban any characters though - I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see if any of the imbalances ring true. :sc4hil1:
Actually, Bonus characters are banned. That does not include Yoda.

Actually, Bonus characters are banned. That does not include Yoda.

Eh? So you can enter a character that is an optional paid for "download", but not use any of the "bonus" characters already in the game?

That doesn't make any sense...

Eh? So you can enter a character that is an optional paid for "download", but not use any of the "bonus" characters already in the game?

That doesn't make any sense...

Well... it's kinda funky just because Vader was PS3 exclusive and Yoda was 360 exclusive.(everyone knows i know...) But, imo, they are both "standard" guest characters because they are in the line-up on either system. Therefore, it would be weird because all you could allow then would be the apprentice (only free guest character) or just ban all three. But we know that isn't happening so they need to let all 3 play.

Oh God, please don't tell me this place is like SRK... full of cowardly asses that have nothing better to do than act like street urchins.

I love the Street Fighter series.....but I really hate SRK (the biggest SF community). Like 50% are "what you said" as well as elitist assholes. People here are actually polite and nice, and I havent gotten flamed not once while I'm here. I hope this community does what the topic name suggests, or I'm stuck going back to SRK....*shudders*

I've said this before, but the economy may be the bigger issue...turnouts across all majors, for just about everything besides SF4, have been dropping over the past year+. The trend started well before 4 even came out, so you can't blame it on that, and I know of many people who couldn't go to MWC or NEC or whatever for the first time in years because of money issues.

Another thing to keep in mind is that console games, or games with almost no arcade machines in the US, have almost always been bigger on the east coast (see: SC3/4, Smash, DOA, Guilty Gear) and the more widespread arcade games have almost always been bigger on the west coast (see: all the old Capcom games, I think Tekken as well). So if you're out in Cali or somewhere, the scene is going to look weaker than it actually is overall...

I love the Street Fighter series.....but I really hate SRK (the biggest SF community). Like 50% are "what you said" as well as elitist assholes. People here are actually polite and nice, and I havent gotten flamed not once while I'm here. I hope this community does what the topic name suggests, or I'm stuck going back to SRK....*shudders*

LOL. I've given up on playing SF online or participating in SF-related SRK discussions because of the state of the community. I'm pretty sure I'm far from rubbish after playing the game since 1991 (doing ok online too), but after some time, it gets pretty tiring to receive hate mail after hate mail whenever you beat someone ("F-U Nig Fag blah blah blah..."). Fortunately my kid is still too young to read, otherwise I would hate to have to explain what those words mean.

LOL. I've given up on playing SF online or participating in SF-related SRK discussions because of the state of the community. I'm pretty sure I'm far from rubbish after playing the game since 1991 (doing ok online too), but after some time, it gets pretty tiring to receive hate mail after hate mail whenever you beat someone ("F-U Nig Fag blah blah blah..."). Fortunately my kid is still too young to read, otherwise I would hate to have to explain what those words mean.

I use to get those messages alot too before my internet went off.
People really hate getting their ass handed to them by a Sakura.

I do it twice a day in fact.

SC in Australia is gong very well particularly in my state in case any of you cared :P. Also I think the community in France has still got alot left in it and from what Papy tells me the guys in NYC and Jersy wont be quitting the game any time soon So I think this site will still be up and running in a couple of years. Personally I dont worry about these other games too much. As long as me and my friends are up for a game a few times a month then IDC what the rest of the community is doing. Someone picks up tekken 6 it doesn't necessarily mean their gonna put SC4 down? In fact has anyone considered that a very popular 3d fighter from Namco coming out might be beneficial to SC? SF players pick it up decide they like the 3d fighter and want some more where are they gonna go? :)

Here are the new stats for this website... as you can see, since July, unique visitors and number of visits on this website have increased SIGNIFICANTLY. Ignore January, as that was when we still used Flashchat on this server; which sucked pages and bandwidth.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 245
Back