CouchWarriors Fighters Festival & VGU Qualifier

For the Soulcalibur fans in the Melbourne, Australia area, CouchWarriors will begin holding a series of fighting game events, with their first event on March 31st also serving as a qualifier for the Video Games Unplugged event which will be held on April 12th, where the top 4 finishers will take home prizes and have the opportunity to play on stage as the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra plays battle music from Soulcalibur V.

Additional details and a press release can be found after the break.

470257_329141997132853_181768831870171_852077_551261051_o (1).jpg

Press Release said:
GAMERS TO JUMP OFF THE COUCH FOR A "FIGHTERS FESTIVAL"
FEATURING SOUL SYMPHONY EVENT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH MELBOURNE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Melbourne - March 15, 2012 - CouchWarriors, the long standing events group and heart of the Melbourne Fighting Game Community - announces its return for 2012 with a something different for its series of special monthly events.

The first of the new CouchWarriors Fighting Festivals will be on March 31st from 12pm to 12am. Tournaments will wrap by 9pm, with after-party till late.

Going beyond the scope of a regular tournament, CouchWarriors are expanding these into more of a fighting game festival, a gamer’s party. The festival will have bigger emphasis on the social experience, in a large bar and lounge venue with food and drink available on site.

Each month CouchWarriors will bring an engaging event to players new and old, with not just social games and tournaments, but special events, training, giveaways, fun sideshow activities and more.

In short, we're inviting games to get off the couch and join in a social event with the incredible energy and atmosphere the fighting game community provides, with a chance to play long sets and learn in a variety of games, or join the fun as spectators and be entertained. All are welcome.

MARCH MARQUEE EVENT: SOUL SYMPHONY AT VIDEO GAMES UNPLUGGED
In conjunction with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Bandai Namco CouchWarriors be running a Soul Calibur 5 qualifier for the Video Games Unplugged: Symphony of Legends orchestral concert. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to play on stage with an entire orchestra playing the battle music to spur you on, as played by Eminence orchestra, who recorded the music for Soul Calibur 5.

The Top 4 from the qualifier will gain entry to play on stage and the winners will take home awesome prizes including copies of the game signed by the Producer, composer and soundtrack artists courtesy of Bandai Namco.

Video Games Unplugged: Symphony of Legends is Thursday 12 April at 7pm
Plenary Hall, Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre To find out more visit www.videogamesunplugged.com.au/

WHERE:
Solei Bar and Lounge
694 Mt Alexander Rd, Moonee Ponds, VIC, 3039
(Close to Tram, Train, and Parking)
Cost: $10 Entry + Tournaments
Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/246364382121289/

LIVESTREAM:
Visit twitch.tv/couchwarriors or visit Gamespot.com.au for an event mirror.
Full tournament schedule will be available on www.CouchWarriors.org

ABOUT COUCHWARRIORS
Created to revive the Melbourne fighting game community, Couchwarriors operates an all inclusive, friendly series of events, in addition to tournament and event services for major events such as Shadowloo Showdown and Couchwarrior's own Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM)
www.couchwarriors.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/couchwarriors - Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/couchwarriors

Flyer:
478337_335409313172788_181768831870171_867574_27800244_o.jpg

Tournament Thread
Facebook Event
Video Games Unplugged

Thanks for posting this up Malice. It's going to be an awesome event and I hope my commentary and gameplay will be entertaining :)

*waves fist in the air* Curse you Melbourne!

But seriously this is too awesome. I would have goosebumps throughout my matches if i had to listen to any SCV theme (except DJ's) played by an orchestra. I wouldn't even feel salty after losing.

Thanks for the post! I'm glad people like the idea, it's cool of the MSO to try something like this. Going to be a fun day, we at CouchWarriors are happy to be able to do a unique event like this.

Live streams

4 Viewers
TakuunAizen1
TakuunAizen1
the Beginning of the legend of come get these hands with Takuun
1 Viewers
VileDeathxWave
VileDeathxWave
Used up all my internet today. Will DC, Don't Come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back