Couslali's DO Stungames & Techies. pow!

Couslalivoldo-IV

[09] Warrior
This time i concentrated alot more on techtraps/wakeupgames and some mindgames, do with it what you will. If you dont like the awesome then you dont apreciate the also awesome.

Couslali's DO stungames and techtraps!

Yes DO is double over stun, logically. I figured that people here need some textual guidance about the content before they flip an angryswitch. And if you cant use whats in this vid then thats OKAY! Use not so awesome.

Greets couslali, im effin tired right now.

before this topic is booming with replies, and since i cant edit my posts even though my posting rules tell me i can...

The details of the vid (also shown in 'more info')

(even if vid shows facing left input is written as if facing right (1p) unless stated otherwise specifically)
Tech=focus on techtrap
Mind=focus on mindgame
dos=focus on Double over stun
-=comment

VOLDO:

BS 66A, 2B, 2A+B G K, 22B, 44 K, 1A. (tech)
-no comments

BS WHR B, 66K, 66A. (tech)
-Gracefully catches all techrolls.

1K, 66:B, 66A+B K, 22_88A, 236A+G. (tech+mind)
-forces double on JF 66b catches techs and spaces for exact calypso grab distance.

BS 236K, 2G WR B, 1K, 44A, * (tech+mind)
mindgame changing facing.

BS 44A, 3A, 66B, 22_88B, 44 2_8 B A+B 2, K. (tech+dos+mind)
Alternative version of voldo's old maincombo, depending on 22_88B techs and groundstuns when executed in small window avoiding escape.

MITSURUGI:

BT B+K, 44B, B+K B. (dos+tech)
Massive groundstun and last hit catches all techs.

1AB, 11_77BAB, 3B (dos)
-no comments.

1AB, 66A, 22A, 44B, A+B. (dos)
-no comments.

1AB, 66A, 2G 1B, 63214B B. (dos+mind)
-no comments.

1AB, 66A, B:A. (dos)
-no comments.

(only when facing left) 1AB, 66A, 22A, 44AA. (dos)
-only way to catch a dos with 44AA.

(only when facing right) 1AB, 66A, 88A, 44AA. (dos)
-only way to catch a dos with 44AA.

1AB, 66A, 3B, 44AA. (dos)
-no comments.

CERVANTES:

A+B, 4A+K, 6B. (tech)
-massive RO capability, only bounces on tech.

4[A], 3A+B, 3A:B, aK, B+K. (dos+tech)
-JF only catches tech but its well worth it imho.

A+B, 3B, 8A+K, 8A+K, 6B. (-)
-no comments.

66A+B, 6B. (-)
-no comments.

214:B, 6B, *. (-)
-merely showing even shown JF can be followed up on with above.

A+B, 3B, 8A+K, 8A+K, 66A, B2. (-)
-cluttered airgame.

ZASALAMEL:

3BBA, 66BB, 3B, 4A+B. (dos)
-no comments.

3BBA, 66BB, 4B:B, B+K [B+K]. (dos)
-no comments.

3BBA, 66BB, 3AB, B+K. (dos)
-no comments.

3BBA, 66BB, 22_88KK, 66A+B. (dos)
-no comments.

3BBA, 66BB, bK, 44A. (dos)
-no comments.

thanks for reading.

still pushing 'stun games' and mid-mid-mixups? :)

im only going to comment on mitsu and please make sure you read what i say.

none of it is a 'stun game'. 1a is easily shakeable (it also rarely ever hits because its so easy to GI on reaction). not only that but your 66a followup is also easily shakeable. this means that it is not a combo (yes i know its not what you are trying to show) but the way you have presented makes it look like you want it to combo because it relies on the opponent not shaking to score CH's. its also not a mixup because all you show is mid followups. your 'stun game' begins and ends with 1a

if you are going to show mind games then its much better to do it vs human opponents to show them working..

i also suggest you learn what a mind game/tech trap/combo/wake up/mix up is before you start throwing those terms about. and also just dont use the term 'stun game' lol.

also:
BT B+K, 44B, B+K B. (dos+tech)
Massive groundstun and last hit catches all techs.

the last part is no where even close to a tech trap. set your dummy 2nd action to GUARD ALL test your stuff

@ojste, im not going over all of it agian, like it or dont like it what you are saying doesnt apply because the video isnt meant to be utilized in tourneys or whatnot, its why i added all the tags. If it says dos in the name then you can bet it wont be usefull cause in all logic (and thats all you are stating) dos can ALWAYS be shaken. Hope you realise that your large post couldve been toned down by the words 'i didnt see anything i can use'.

wich is fine.

Also with techtrap i dont count G, i only count techrolls. thats why its tagged tech. If someone techs it catches, i 'have' tested these things, multiple times even.

it doesnt have to be tourney play, if your opponent is somewhat competent then thats enough to make your stuff useless.

what i said was just advice... you can choose to ignore it (like most of the advice you have been given so far). you will start to improve if you just listen :)

you REALLY should at least listen to the last line of my previous post, and i will repeat:

i also suggest you learn what a mind game/tech trap/combo/wake up/mix up is before you start throwing those terms about.

a tech trap is A TECH TRAP. you cannot just use your own interpretations and say that it works. this is the reason you get slammed as you often say stuff which doesnt work because you use the wrong terms. a tech trap to everyone else is something which specifically targets tech... meaning it will hit if they tech (and cannot be blocked). it has nothing to do with rolling.

So you just admitted you made a useless video.

I can't use it, therefore, it is without use, and/or useless.

So, you know, fucking WHY?

hmmm....when you techroll, just hold guard, so your tech catches aren't really tech catches. REAL tech catches are those that will hit although they hold guard...get my drift? That's the convention used here, you've got to use another name for what you're trying to show cuz ppl will get a bit confused.

Why did people make episodes of transformers?
Cause its fun to look at. I doubt transformers was meant for people to get pro with.
Thats why..

hmmm....when you techroll, just hold guard, so your tech catches aren't really tech catches. REAL tech catches are those that will hit although they hold guard...get my drift? That's the convention used here, you've got to use another name for what you're trying to show cuz ppl will get a bit confused.
Well im all out of names, im not going to think of a all brand new name i just call it what it is, if someone techrolls it will be catched and during a roll you wont block even if you hold G, youll block when youre done rolling, so as long as you roll youll be catched like ash ketchum.

Btw what you said about real tech catches doesnt make sense, with all due respect.

it doesnt have to be tourney play, if your opponent is somewhat competent then thats enough to make your stuff useless.

what i said was just advice... you can choose to ignore it (like most of the advice you have been given so far). you will start to improve if you just listen :)
Look I do not utilize what i show in these vids, its just tinkering with options uncaring of it being usable, with focus on dos, undefined techtraps (as in merely the option being there) and mindgames based on forced spacing and catches.
So all in all, improving is a whole other matter. Sure i CAN use consistent damage. Will do.. whatever. But not to prove anything. Even in by bad games vid i used consistent setups with astaroth.. its not that im clueless, the opposite! I execute the content in this new vid purposely as its shown. Because its awesome.

Didn't you guys get the memo? Louie Costagon the 4th here only shows you things you'll never use.

Some of the voldo stuf isnt bad. But everything else is pointless especially the Cervy stuff. Everything you did was escapable. 6b after launching? Its called Air control for a reason!!!!! Damn. Fail, I want the time I wasted back for watching this vid.

Why did people make episodes of transformers?
Cause its fun to look at. I doubt transformers was meant for people to get pro with.
Thats why..

Well im all out of names, im not going to think of a all brand new name i just call it what it is, if someone techrolls it will be catched and during a roll you wont block even if you hold G, youll block when youre done rolling, so as long as you roll youll be catched like ash ketchum.

Btw what you said about real tech catches doesnt make sense, with all due respect.

Dude, Transformers is a TV show....Soul Calibur is a game. That's not a sensible comparison.

If my post didn't make sense to you then you obviously have no idea what a tech trap is. Try doing this.
With maxi, record him doing 33A -> 66A then let him do it on you. Eat the 33A then try to tech and block the 66A followup....see what happens and be educated.

Guys. This works on opponents who don't know about Soul calibur. This is GREAT STUFF for people who don't know how to play soul calibur.

the point of entertainment is to amuse other people. But if the only person who can appreciate your "art" is yourself, public expos like this vid should be penalized by law.

PS: also, quality of the vid is abysmal

But cous keeps deleting the comments on his video's page .. . why are they all negative!? :D

-Manta-

Back