Dampierre is a pre order exclusive. Info about collector's edition. EU release date

Can I ask something???
Will Dampierre be available on the game only if you pre-order it, or if you buy the limited edition you'll be able to play him as well?

No :D

And also searching something similar the only name that i can think finish with "oldo" is "Leopoldo",that sound strange for our days but i suppose was ok considering when is set SC

Btw is not problem,the simple fact that you thinked that "sound italian" mean that they did a good job at create an "italian name":D
Like Dampierre i suppose,it seem the fusion between Damien and Pierre (and Pierre happen get combined,example Jeanpierre)
hey dude
sorry to burst your bubble, but Voldo is a rare family name, it has cropped up in my friends family tree, lol cant remember the date of the family member but I know it was from far back.

I have a question about getting Dampierre. You see I pre-ordered SC5 before Dampierre was announced as a pre-order bonus. So in order to get him will I have to cancel my pre-order and do it again to get him?

I have a question about getting Dampierre. You see I pre-ordered SC5 before Dampierre was announced as a pre-order bonus. So in order to get him will I have to cancel my pre-order and do it again to get him?
I was in the same situation as you are in. Basically, I switched from the standard edition to the COLLECTOR'S edition. The employee at GameStop said it was not a problem and he transferred the money I paid for the standard into the collector's edition. Then all I did was pay the remaining $20 (standard was $59.99 I believe) and now I'm all set.

Maxi's name becomes Ma Qishi in Chinese, doesn't it? Or am I reading the symbols wrong? (I'm really interested in this)

As for Dampierre, his return confirmed that I'm gonna pre-order this. ^^

back to Maxi...

[ma][ki][ʥi]
Makizi

or

[ma][ki][ʨi]
Makici

hey dude
sorry to burst your bubble, but Voldo is a rare family name, it has cropped up in my friends family tree, lol cant remember the date of the family member but I know it was from far back.
with family name you mean surname?
Because as surname all strange things can be, i mean as a name (like Voldo in SC is a name,not a surname)
Voldo is'nt an italian name,not a common,not even a rare one

Search in any italian names list,you find many very rare and/or old,but never "Voldo"

This V and B stuff makes me think of Zelda, where Volvagia was called Barba in an earlier game due to translation.

I was in the same situation as you are in. Basically, I switched from the standard edition to the COLLECTOR'S edition. The employee at GameStop said it was not a problem and he transferred the money I paid for the standard into the collector's edition. Then all I did was pay the remaining $20 (standard was $59.99 I believe) and now I'm all set.

Well, the edition I pre-ordered was the CE. The employee said nothing about Dampierre nor did I see anything on the receipt. So should I go back and pre-order it again or something?

Got some help on the Maxi thing! Apparently Makishi is a native Okinawan name to begin with, so that's how you romanize it and pronounce it.

Or maybe Belgium,or they just made him to be a vagrant without birthplace,wich for him can fit
Anyway yes,the name is french language type. Maybe it don't even exist(like Voldo is'nt an existing name) but made to sound like french :D

If i must do a bet i say Monte Carlo,wich is in France(technically Principality of Monaco,actually a city-state) but near to italian border, and is very famous for his Casinò(this can explain the french cards aces on him),gambling and moneys... sound perfect for him :D

ps: yes,basically "Pietro" is our "Peter"
Awesome theory.

Just a question would gamestop be a participating retailer?? Because pre ordered the collectors edition on the week before Christmas so will I get him??

Just a question would gamestop be a participating retailer?? Because pre ordered the collectors edition on the week before Christmas so will I get him??
In the U.S. and Canada the only place to get Dampierre is at Best Buy. If you pre-order at gamestop you will get an Ivy Bobble Bud... If you are elsewhere in the world I don't think it matters where you pre-order.

I also believe that he will either be available later as DLC or that he will be unlockable through the game.

But were did it ever say best buy only?? Give me a link pls.

and for further evidence: http://gematsu.com/2012/01/soulcalibur-v-goes-gold-pre-order-bonuses-detailed

but yeah most of us in the U.S. have already raged at Damp being Best Buy exclusive. It is not confirmed but likely (in order to make him tournament viable) that if he is not able to be unlocked in game then he will likely be made DLC. So you don't have to buy the game at Best Buy but you may wait awhile before you complete the entire roster.

also Best Buy are kinda dicks as they've put the extra label of "as supplies last" so that when they fuck up they have a means to dispel it away. Simply based on ^ means that he will likely be released at a later date (Namco would happily take more money?)

Back