Dampierre Non-Gameplay Discussion - Oh come now. Take it easy.

Yup! I mentioned that on my first post, and now I'm having a hard time looking for the video. :(
But alas, you know what I'm talking about.
The stream was on UStream, but I don't recall the name of the broadcast.

The point is that he is CaSable though. The question that remains is, can his style be unlocked without the preorder?

The stream was on UStream, but I don't recall the name of the broadcast.

The point is that he is CaSable though. The question that remains is, can his style be unlocked without the preorder?

Hopefully it will be.

After winning with LeBello, anyone get any gems like this?
(vs a CaS Devil Jin dressed as a Naruto character *facepalm*)

PsnToughGuy : "Grade A Pussy"
Me : "Are you speaking to LeBello?"
PsnToughGuy : "No, I'm talking to you pussy"
Me : " ooOOOooo someone's a bit salty :) "
PsnToughGuy : "U can't win without spamming"
Me : "Ah I see, you were unable to find your guard in between
your eyebeams. My apologies good sir."
PsnToughGuy : "Fuck u"
Me : "Hmmm all is not lost my good man. You see, your SFxT preorder
will be available shortly so you can be reunited with your friends
Ryu and Jin once more. So buck up, my good chum."

Countertrolling is always more fun in character ^_^

After winning with LeBello, anyone get any gems like this?
(vs a CaS Devil Jin dressed as a Naruto character *facepalm*)

PsnToughGuy : "Grade A Pussy"
Me : "Are you speaking to LeBello?"
PsnToughGuy : "No, I'm talking to you pussy"
Me : " ooOOOooo someone's a bit salty :) "
PsnToughGuy : "U can't win without spamming"
Me : "Ah I see, you were unable to find your guard in between
your eyebeams. My apologies good sir."
PsnToughGuy : "Fuck u"
Me : "Hmmm all is not lost my good man. You see, your SFxT preorder
will be available shortly so you can be reunited with your friends
Ryu and Jin once more. So buck up, my good chum."

Countertrolling is always more fun in character ^_^

Such perfection from LeBello! I didn't think it was possible to be mad losing to Dampierre. He's just so entertaining regardless of the fight's outcome.

"stop spamming that beatdown" as said by a scrub hit by Poker bluff B(did I say that right?) on wake-up all day. Pocky Yoshi got booted for that long ago. Simply........genius!!

"stop spamming that beatdown" as said by a scrub hit by Poker bluff B(did I say that right?) on wake-up all day. Pocky Yoshi got booted for that long ago. Simply........genius!!
I love people who fall for PB throws over and over. Player-specific infinites. ;)

Statistically he only has a 25% chance of landing it though, as your opponent has to guess wrong on both mid/low and A/B break.

Hey guys, whats up! I plan on most likely using Dampierre as one of my mains in this game, so Im most likely going to hang around here lol.

So being new to the game (My first SC game), I am one of those types that choose anti-tier whore and end up choosing hard or lower characters.....lose alot....never get great (obviously the character doesnt make the player, practice and know how does...I get that). So im finding that Dampierre is too much fun for me. For 2 reasons;

1) He is just too much fun.
2) I feel like this is the character Id like to use to attempt to troll the higher tier characters.

But because I am new, and have soooo much to learn Im finding Dampierre to be really tough. Im at a wopping 45% in ranked. Those Nightmares, Natsu, sieg, xiba and viola's are destroying me. But im finding the more I lose, the more I learn on why I lost.

So Im gonna cheat. Im gonna ask the good Damp players their thoughts about this character and how best to look at beating characters with the better tools?

Dampierre has really good movement. Take advantage of this, try to bait out whiffs and generally keep them out of their comfort zone.

So Im gonna cheat. Im gonna ask the good Damp players their thoughts about this character and how best to look at beating characters with the better tools?

it depends what chars your playing against. a Simple easy tip though is to interrupt anyones B/A NC strings. like xiba 66bbb, cerv bbb aeon bbb ect with damps 1A aGI. Another good thing to do is use 623b after any of your opponents whiffs, if it's blocked don't worry 623B is quite safe so you can 2A to interrupt if you think they'll do a slow move, either that or use his CE after it.

Also, and i find this works well against some people but not others, if you ever land a 3BB simply run up to where they are going to recover and either 3BB again or Throw, Ive often found that i can 3BB opponents 3 times in a row before they stop ducking, and then i throw so try that out. just watch out encase their the kind who likes to attack on wake up all the time, in that case just 3BB a little earlier and you'll get them again. also from his B! E! 4B follow up with a 11KK as most people roll after it (assuming 4B doesn't make you fall over).

Also 22B blocked is a good set up for his 11B -B!E!, and if you hit with it 22B 44K BE. Last handy hint, use 66B to deliberately whiff and fall short of them and follow up with PB A+G.

And thats about it for now.

Back